+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Good start, but para nerf too weak (Pyro nerf 10X worse)

Rift Disciple

Default Good start, but para nerf too weak (Pyro nerf 10X worse)

I mean come on 10% off a few skills and 5% off crit bonus? Really? I remember pyro getting 20% off (3) skills, the one non-GCD skill we had put on GCD and cooldown, 2 skills put on additional cooldown, ward nerfed, archmage tree melee resist nerfed etc etc. Made pyro garbage and left us with only 3 souls that can do anything in pvp.

Wars still have like 6 skills off-gcd that they can macro smash. That needs a fix.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shermhead View Post
    I mean come on 10% off a few skills and 5% off crit bonus? Really? I remember pyro getting 20% off (3) skills, the one non-GCD skill we had put on GCD and cooldown, 2 skills put on additional cooldown, ward nerfed, archmage tree melee resist nerfed etc etc. Made pyro garbage and left us with only 3 souls that can do anything in pvp.

Wars still have like 6 skills off-gcd that they can macro smash. That needs a fix.
    Trion had a midnight madness sale on mages. EVERYTHING MUST GO!
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

this proves that trion favors everything over mages.

This whole vengeful balancing idea that some of the forum posters have is straight-up stupid.

As a mage, I'm instead wondering why both damage and healing is being nerfed in PvP, instead of just leaving everything at the original levels, which means undoing today's paragon nerfs in addition to previous nerfs to souls such as pyromancer, beastmaster, and saboteur.

I mean, it just doesn't make any sense to me. If both damage and healing is going to be nerfed, why nerf either to begin with? If we're going to have separate skill strengths for both PvE and PvP, why not simply buff the souls that are underutilized for PvP instead?

For example, making the archon debuffs significantly stronger in PvP, but keeping them where they are now for PvE so they don't break encounters? I'm sure people who main other classes can think of a bunch of examples in their souls as well.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

As someone with a Mage and a Warrior, you need to stop crying. A class is being nerfed, until you see the result on live you shouldn't be complaining that the nerf wasn't heavy handed enough.

Plane Touched

They missed a few of our other popular specs. Gonna be fun watching you try to figure out what the license plate of the truck was that just hit you.

PvPers are pathetic.

They cry more than PvErs.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Except those all add up to be more than the Pyro nerf. Since almost everything nerfed has an affect on every ability used, then some of the abilities themselves were nerfed as well.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    PvPers are pathetic.

They cry more than PvErs.
    QFT

Banned

Warriors should not have higher dps and burst than rogues and mages. End of. as it is you can fly across the battlefield every 20 seconds or so, pump out 4-5k burst in 3-4s, fearbomb and if your target manages to limp away slowly with a little health left you can pull 800-1k ranged hits. In full plate armour.

Yes thats on high valour targets.

So no a 5-10% nerf isn't enough. Aim for 20-30% and we're talking - either that or the defense or the closers need to be significantly downgraded.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Warriors should not have higher dps and burst than rogues and mages. End of. as it is you can fly across the battlefield every 20 seconds or so, pump out 4-5k burst in 3-4s, fearbomb and if your target manages to limp away slowly with a little health left you can pull 800-1k ranged hits. In full plate armour.

So no a 5-10% nerf isn't enough. Aim for 20-30% and we're talking - either that or the defense or the closers need to be significantly downgraded.
    5-10% nerf on multiple skills, that all stacked together. Read it over, 10% weapon specialization and to5r nerfs. Both of those stack your damage. Add in a 10% sli nerf, 15% bltr nerf, the nerf to the champ buffs, along with potr, Titan strike, and rh, there's more then 30% overall there. Numbers on live may be skewed with whatever bug was introduced with the patch though.

And with how little extra protection plate offers vs most of the damage flying around in pvp (have you looked at how much damage is magic as compared to physical?), why shouldn't warriors be able to burst like kings. Were the only calling that doesn't have a choice to stay completely ranged if we want to do half decent damage, so we better be able to make it count when we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    This whole vengeful balancing idea that some of the forum posters have is straight-up stupid.

As a mage, I'm instead wondering why both damage and healing is being nerfed in PvP, instead of just leaving everything at the original levels, which means undoing today's paragon nerfs in addition to previous nerfs to souls such as pyromancer, beastmaster, and saboteur.

I mean, it just doesn't make any sense to me. If both damage and healing is going to be nerfed, why nerf either to begin with? If we're going to have separate skill strengths for both PvE and PvP, why not simply buff the souls that are underutilized for PvP instead?

For example, making the archon debuffs significantly stronger in PvP, but keeping them where they are now for PvE so they don't break encounters? I'm sure people who main other classes can think of a bunch of examples in their souls as well.

To go with what you're saying, I do hope that Trion does at least monthly reviews on the spells that are 100 % in PVE and 80 or whatever % in PVP. They need to continue monitoring the PVP/PVE affected spell percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDischord View Post
    And with how little extra protection plate offers vs most of the damage flying around in pvp (have you looked at how much damage is magic as compared to physical?)
    When I switch my Justicar from Mein of Honor to Mein of Leadership (150% more armor), I see a *DRAMATIC* difference in damage taken. You can QQ about Plate being useless but I'm calling ********.

why shouldn't warriors be able to burst like kings. Were the only calling that doesn't have a choice to stay completely ranged if we want to do half decent damage, so we better be able to make it count when we can.
    Maybe if Warriors didn't have so many gap closers on such small cooldowns you might have a point. But kiting in this game is virtually impossible because of the "immune immune immune immune immune immune" spam. Also, mages and Clerics are effectively rooted 100% of the time they're trying to deal back-loaded damage.

-Liang

Range. Stealth. Oh **** buttons. You're saying that mages and rogues should be afforded those advantages, in addition to unmatched sustained and burst dps?

Does that honestly make sense or seem fair to you?

Ascendant

Mages have better CC, they have ranged damage, and they have access to healing spells. Oh, and they can play as one more Role than Warriors can. Of course they should have better DPS too! It's not fair until mages are superior in every way.
    Last edited by nocks; 08-12-2011 at 10:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast