+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ParaChamp and Cabalist nerf finally came it seems

Default ParaChamp and Cabalist nerf finally came it seems

Full patchnotes: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...2-8-11-eu.html

SOULS
    * Addressed some specific PvP balance issues involving Cabalist and Paragon builds.
    * PvP: Reduced the bonus given by certain enhancing buffs during PvP only.
    - Teaching of the Five Rings, Weapon Specialization, and Rift Fury are reduced by 10%.
    - Slayer's Bearing is reduced by 5%.
    - Force of Will is reduced by 5% in PvP for each Soul Point spent in it.
    - Strike Like Iron is reduced by 5% when used with 1 or 2 Attack Points, and 10% when using 3 Attack Points.
    - Bend Like the Reed: Bonus is reduced by 5% per Attack Point used.
    * PvP: Certain damaging abilities have had their damage reduced when using them in PvP.
    - Paired Strike, Titan's Strike, Punishing Blow, and Frenzied Strike have been reduced by 10%.
    - Reaping Harvest and Path of the Raptor have been reduced by 15%.

and ...

CABALIST
    * Fixed a bug where one character's Dark Water would overwrite another's.
    * Lurking Decay: This will no longer cause disguises to fail immediately after putting them on.
    * Sign of Asias: Now reduces the damage Decay deals to players while active.
    * Maelstrom: Reduced range to 20 and radius to 10.

So, Cabs didnt get their 2 months of glory, just ...1 week. How many broke 2 mill dmg in Scion ?
    Last edited by Grev; 08-11-2011 at 04:41 PM.

The Warrior changes are something, but the real problem is Lingering Wounds, not their damage output. As a cleric, I could care less about bursty DPS in PvP; I just want to be able to help my teammates survive through it. As it stands, I can't do that if there's a Warrior around.

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    The Warrior changes are something, but the real problem is Lingering Wounds, not their damage output. As a cleric, I could care less about bursty DPS in PvP; I just want to be able to help my teammates survive through it. As it stands, I can't do that if there's a Warrior around.
    Its like Trion doesn't even play their own game.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

That almost makes me want to resub to pvp again. At least it seems they are listening to feedback when it is constructive and can be replicated by them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cagey View Post
    That almost makes me want to resub to pvp again. At least it seems they are listening to feedback when it is constructive and can be replicated by them.
    ^^ lol baddy

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    Lingering Wounds is what the warriors bring to the table. I would much rather they nerf their dps than take that away for sure. If they took that away, they would need to nerf healing a ton more to level things out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxen View Post
    Lingering Wounds is what the warriors bring to the table. I would much rather they nerf their dps than take that away for sure. If they took that away, they would need to nerf healing a ton more to level things out again.
    No. LW is the single most OP skill in this game. Bar none. There should never under any circumstance exist a 50% heal debuff that can be applied every GCD, can be applied aoe and is uncleansable. If it was 25% it could be acceptable, but 50% is just too good to have available at 17 points in a tree, or 51 for that matter. The only way to balance it while it remaining 50% is to have it be cleansable and not be applied by aoe abilities (except to the primary target). Otherwise it must be reduced to 25% max.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Moxen View Post
    No ones is saying take it away. It needs to be cleansable and either be 44 points into champion or 21 points into the PvP tree.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Looks like us warrior's are going back to tanking in P.v.P :/

Looks like with enough whine, anything can be nerfed.

I saw the next nerf should go to elementalist, since they remind me of elementors in flyff, which were OP.

Still not sure why the developers are opting for flat damage/healing reductions rather than changes to the ability coefficients or simply changing the things that are actually broken about PvP - Lingering Wounds and CC groups.

Changes like this hit undergeared players exceptionally hard and, in the long run, don't really do much to fix balance issues. Change the coefficients so that well-geared Warriors don't hit quite as hard, but undergeared players can maintain some semblance of damage output.

As a Nightblade, I'm not sure about the Cabalist nerfs, I never had a problem with them and it was only the R8 ones that would destroy me. Marksmen, NecroLocks, Dominators, and Shamans who know what they are doing were always far more frightening even with my Damage Immune CDs. Clerics are never a problem to kill, especially with the heal nerfs. most of the people who whine about them are Puggers who don't understand the value of focusing down priority targets.

Parachamps were nightmarish but as long as I had Blackout on CD and the Warrior was too stupid to go for my premade's healer, I would be able to kite one down without too much trouble. Still, the R7-8+ ones could easily kill you before the stun wore off so I'm glad to see that I will have an actual chance to fight back against one who is relying on gear over skill. Most of my deaths to Parachamps have either been due to me dropping the ball, them getting the stun on me, or a gear difference to be honest rather than explicit imbalance.

That said, following the hotfix, Skilled Parachamps of any rank are still nightmarish and the ones that know how to counter Rogues utterly destroy me but I don't mind being outplayed since it's part of the game, there's always someone better then you.

Shame that nothing is being done about Riftblades though, they're ridiculously strong and unkitable. I think if a Riftblade of any rank even looks at me funny I'm pretty much going to be sitting in the graveyard waiting on the spawn time in 1CD + god knows how many off CD abilities, no matter what my healer has to say about it.

As for tank spec Warriors...They are cute but I always feel bad when my premade kills the group then all turns to beat on the one tank spec warrior everyone ignored due to him being as threatening as a puppy wrapped in bubble wrap and rainbows...
    Last edited by Lilisette; 08-11-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Telaran

As someone who has played cabalist I feel informed to tell you that they did not really get nerfed, all trion did was reduce the range on the aoe pull, you are still going to get AoE *****.
    Tsukasu, Cleric of <Salty>, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 3/5 PBB.

now its time we need to get macro casting out of the game...........
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by Nickboy101 View Post
    As someone who has played cabalist I feel informed to tell you that they did not really get nerfed, all trion did was reduce the range on the aoe pull, you are still going to get AoE *****.
    Asias got nerfed. Though, I cant say how much that will change things... might make hybrids more appealing.

Also, I agree with Lilisette about how scary Riftblades are. I'll contend with a Parachamp over a Riftblade any day of the week. Why? Because as a Rogue I can **** a Parachamp up 80% of the time. A Riftblade... ****s me up 95% of the time. Rock Paper Scissors

I hope the Asias nerf isn't brutal... but... seeing the warrior nerfs when Trion said warriors were fine just 2 weeks ago... I expect it'll be ridiculous nerfed. Parachamps are gonna take it up the *** from this hotfix... people will cheer because they pug and in pugs nobody focuses on the Paragon thats blowing half the raid up because god forbid that Nightblade/Marksman live (I've had 6 people all focus firing me as I popped CD after CD and they wondered why they all ended up dead). My condolences to the Warrior population. Trion shat on you guys just as they did with Pyros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast