+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Motifs and Macros, C'MON TRION!!!

Plane Walker

Default Motifs and Macros, C'MON TRION!!!

SO, I've started playing a bard spec lately...

I've seen 2 threads now containing ways to make all 5 "relevant" motifs (cause the RP-pied piper one is for crap) cast off a macro or two.You basically need to be a programmer or something to really understand it. No matter how folks try to simplify it into laymens terms.

Instead of bards having to cast 5 different motifs in a row, I have an idea. What if you (Trion) made the 5 motifs something you can "build" on with point investment. Instead of having 5 individual motifs you get along the way to 28 points...you combine it all into ONE skill. Every 7 points spent increases the skills ability till the current full power of all 5 as they are now. One button, amounting to 5 buffs at different levels of power depending on how much is invested into the tree.This also frees us up to make a contribution to the DPS of our grp/raid.

Seriously, I/We bards wouldn't even have to ask for this, if it weren't for a macro system that fights with your cooldowns.Bards don't cast these things individually. They cast all of them in a row. Drop Motif of Encouragement,and make that some outside ability role-players can get from a quest. I'd use some extreme explitives here, but don't wanna get banned. Thats how I feel about that skill. Seriously. No Really, FIRE the schmuck that let that get into game. Put that person in a room neked, with a ravenously hungry wolverine. /holds breathe and counts to ten..."thinking good thoughts...calm down...don't kill kittens..."

The term we need to learn here is K.I.S.S> Keep It Simple STUPID! Words to live by when it comes to buffing classes and rotations. PLEASE make this happen Trion. I KNOW you can come up with SOMEthing!
    Last edited by Dreyloch; 08-11-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Xsi

I don't think Bards want something simple - at least, I do not.

I just want to either have:
    a) the easy-button (the cop out solution) - similar to what you propose which is actually very easy by adding a 6-second cooldown to all the motifs (allowing them to be in a sequential macro)
    b) a 5-minute duration (similar to Archons)
    c) compensation (better buffs by a whole lot) for spending 17% of my time or 21% of my energy regeneration for buff rotations (much higher in actuality since you can't always time buffs perfectly) <--- this is why bard dps/heals is abysmal
    d) a "concentration" system similar to DAoC buffs where you can run one motif per "x" points spent in the Bard soul tree with no cooldown/no twisting required
    Last edited by Xsi; 08-11-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post

a) the easy-button (the cop out solution) - similar to what you propose which is actually very easy by adding a 6-second cooldown to all the motifs (allowing them to be in a sequential macro)
    c) compensation (better buffs by a whole lot) for spending 17% of my time or 21% of my energy regeneration for buff rotations (much higher in actuality since you can't always time buffs perfectly) <--- this is why bard dps/heals is abysmal
    d) a "concentration" system similar to DAoC buffs where you can run one motif per "x" points spent in the Bard soul tree with no cooldown/no twisting required
    Id take A or b
    Deamonos
    Dayblind

Power Cord should refresh all active motifs.

Soulwalker

Haven't tried it out yet, but maybe this will help?

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-complete.html

Shadowlander

How about just simplify the damn thing, like Aion's Chanter class. you can put up 4 or 5 buffs out of many more that stay up as long as you are alive and you can do some minor off healing if the main healer ever goes down. Otherwise you can concentrate on trying to put out whatever mediocre dps you can as support. Much more fun then having to recast buffs every few seconds/minutes depending on the class. Who thought this would be a fun idea?
    Last edited by Mizuno; 08-11-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

Best solution: don't be lazy. It's not hard to hit 67890 (or whatever) when you need 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post

Aww, I miss my DAoC bard...Can they give us different instruments while they're at it? Lute, Chute, Drum, Horn, violin (for when we bring people back to life), etc. I like all those ideas as well. Our damage is mediocre and our healing is average for a support class. Better scaling with AP would be a plus. At least with a 5 min duration we can focus on actually casting Cadence (in between positioning because running and channeling that would just be so overpowered because it does so much healing and damage, right?). Power Cord can give us another 15 seconds on the motifs if possible, that'd be sexy.
    "Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen." - Deckard Cain
    Nilfain - Defiant Warrior
    Bregan - Defiant Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JD Gumby View Post
    Best solution: don't be lazy. It's not hard to hit 67890 (or whatever) when you need 'em.
    You need them every 25-30 seconds which cuts into our rotation. When I group with bards pre 50, i just have them switch to dps.
    Last edited by Horadrim; 08-11-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    "Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen." - Deckard Cain
    Nilfain - Defiant Warrior
    Bregan - Defiant Rogue

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    You need them every 25-30 seconds which cuts into our rotation. When I group with bards pre 50, i just have them switch to dps.
    What rotation?

Bards just spam cadence and wait till aoe hp gets low then restoration.

In between that you do your motifs and maybe verse of joy. Archons debuffs do the same thing as ours but on a 5min duration not 1min so no need for cowardice or distress. (different in a dungeon of course)

If motifs were changed i would just slam my face on the keyboard to play as a bard. I honestly hit 5 keys tops without motifs and my face can hit a lot more than that.
    Last edited by XEshamX; 08-11-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
    How about just simplify the damn thing, like Aion's Chanter class. you can put up 4 or 5 buffs out of many more that stay up as long as you are alive and you can do some minor off healing if the main healer ever goes down. Otherwise you can concentrate on trying to put out whatever mediocre dps you can as support. Much more fun then having to recast buffs every few seconds/minutes depending on the class. Who thought this would be a fun idea?
    That isn't support. I don't want to DPS as a bard, I want to support.

Any person who does not have a disability has ZERO reason to macro motifs.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Using the /exportkeybindings and /importkeybindings is really quite simple and result is the same as any other macro... one button motifs... if u dont understand how to use it its entirely your problem OP... so stop QQing about it. Bards are awesome the way they are now if you know how to play it properly.
    Last edited by PORTERR; 08-11-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Myah, lets make it stay active for 1 hour after pressing it, as long as we are in range..
    Then I can go afk during fights and ****, I mean.. Im doing all I need as bard right? ;)

Nah, if they simplify the motifs.. they need to change or do something new to the bards or the rotation/"things to do" during fights gets mostly removed. >
    There is loads of slackers as it is already.

Rift Disciple

All of this would easily be fixed if the motifs did damage or debuffs to the enemy instead of just taking up time away from mediocre dps/hps.
    WARNING: Contents may be Irish.
    <Bountiful> on Faeblight, 50 Mage Bahmi
    taking some time off in a galaxy far, far away.
    We're tiny but mighty! RAWR!

+ Reply to Thread