+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cabalist Changes

Default Cabalist Changes

Trion, sorry for the disrespect, but these changes clearly show that you do not play your game very much. Anyone who is well versed with the Cabalist class can see this. While I do like some of the changes, there are parts to the change that make very little sense.

You said the usage of Sigils was a bit wonky pre-patch, however the way they work now is more than wonky. They have lost a whole dimension of usage. Pre-patch, all you had to do was load up a Sigil and it was ready to go with an Obliterate or a Tyranny. Now, you lose this ability, as you can no longer load and use. You have to individually use that Sigil. This severely hurts 1v1 fights. In a 1v1 fight a Cabalist is already a pretty squishy foe if you are 51 points in. Even, with a Caba Justicar build you can be squashed quite quick. However, pre-patch I was able to survive many 1v1 fights with well executed rotations. Yet, now one of the main survival abilities Caba has in Ravaging Darkness has been limited to a decay usage only and can no longer be loaded to be used in your own manner. This results in a useless skill in small group situations. Instead of being able to Obliterate for a health renewal, you get a decay usage on targets and this does a mere nothing. The same goes with mana renewal as well in the new Vile Power which used to be a Sigil you can no longer regain mana in the 1v1 fight.

In addition to this, Sign of Asias has been severely nerfed. With the old way Sigils worked you could do many things with Sign of Asias. You could load Sigil of Woe and mass debuff groups while aoe'ing, or if you were going to receive heavy attention from enemies you could load Ravaging Darkness with Sign of Asias and continue to blast yourself back up to full health. This functionality that made Cabalist a great class to play for those that enjoyed actually having to think have been stripped with the latest patch. Now all you do is get 2 or more Cabalists, run in and melt groups with Tyranny spam. The class has been severely dumbed down, and was actually quite powerful before. Now it is quite sad that these horrible changes were made, that will probably result in a nerf that was never needed. Cabalists Pre-Patch if played with good players were very dangerous, yet they were balanced. Most people didn't like playing Cabalist because it actually required thinking to hit a next level Caba, and it couldn't be solved by a macro. Now, it requires no intelligence, and has lost a severe amount of potential and flavor that made it fun.

Really Trion, look at these changes and try to make a better attempt. In fact, just restore the old Sigil and Sign of Asias functionality, because they were working just fine before.
    Last edited by Izkimar; 08-11-2011 at 11:57 AM.

The class has been severely dumbed down, and was actually quite powerful before. Now it is quite sad that these horrible changes were made, that will probably result in a nerf that was never needed. Cabalists Pre-Patch if played with good players were very dangerous, yet they were balanced. Most people didn't like playing Cabalist because it actually required thinking to hit a next level Caba, and it couldn't be solved by a macro. Now, it requires no intelligence, and has lost a severe amount of potential and flavor that made it fun.
    IMO you should take your "I was leet give me back a class nobody else would ever want to play because it ****ing sucks to do" attitude and ****.

-Liang

iz its alright bud the way Trion is going about running their game will result in it being marketed to 12 year olds. They keep removing thought and skill from this game as if they are infected or something. For a game requiring more skill and thought we as the consumers will just have to wait and hope there is a company who puts forth a product to meet OUR wants. As the true gamers.

They might listen to the forums but the entire forums are so over run by whining people who can't grasp how to play and are so stubborn in their ways that this is all that Trion sees. Almost need a company who plays there game says F the population and just relays that "this is how it's going to be".
    And the little Warrior said to the little Mage "One day I'm going to grow up to be a fierce dual wielding Paragon and people will run in fear because I'll be so Intimidating in Battle" The Mage looked at the little Warrior and said "Ya well, I'm going to be a Pyromancer" and that was that.
    \(Q_Q)/ <---sad paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    IMO you should take your "I was leet give me back a class nobody else would ever want to play because it ****ing sucks to do" attitude and ****.

-Liang
    No Liang, he's right about everything. Played Cabby through the initial changes back in the betas til now and he's absolutely right on about the sigils, they stink now, no synergy with our decays.

The new automatic LD buildup is quite nice, but aside from that the new Cabby stinks. Sure, it's easier to play now, spam Tyranny til your finger gets sore right?

GTAE suck...suck suck suck, waaaay too slow and cumbersome in PvP.

The whole point I THOUGHT was to make Cabby a bit smoother, but now it's clunkier than ever as far as our sigils go.

It was quicker and deadlier before to build up LDs, pick a sigil, hit Maelstrom, Sign of Asias and spam Tyranny while the enemy group was buff stripped, silenced, stunned, etc etc.

It's been a total double edged sword with these guys, they fixed our LDs so they're easier and no micromanagement to them (no more spamming the old decay channel which sucked after it could be broken) but they screwed up our sigils...AGAIN...geesh.

It's fun to play this way, I just miss the way our old sigils worked with Tyranny and Obliterate.

Auto decay and the sigil system are the only changes that really altered game play. Other than that if you could use cabby before, you can use it now because aside those two, the play style is the same.

So it's not "easier"

The gtao is meh, I saw the benefit if the only sigil style, but the new way allows you to affect a larger are without having to worry about your target -just- out of range of cc. Plus you can use it on the go which is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Auto decay and the sigil system are the only changes that really altered game play. Other than that if you could use cabby before, you can use it now because aside those two, the play style is the same.

So it's not "easier"

The gtao is meh, I saw the benefit if the only sigil style, but the new way allows you to affect a larger are without having to worry about your target -just- out of range of cc. Plus you can use it on the go which is a plus.
    It is easier since you don't have to build up LDs, they build up automatically, but it's sad they removed the way the sigils worked with Obliterate and Tyranny. It was better before because you could essentially do 2 things at once, dmg (Tyranny spamming) and CC (with Sign of Asias).

If I could make a change, I'd keep the new LD buff but restore the old sigils. Really, building LDs was the only clunky thing about the old Cabby. Spamming the decay channel hoping it doesn't break before you get 3 built up. Smart players would pounce on you when they saw you using decay since they knew some AoE bombing was next, so the new LD buff DOES make Cabby easier from a raw dmg point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    No Liang, he's right about everything
    No, he isn't right about everything:
    - IMO, Tyranny "spam" isn't particularly different than old Tyranny spam. Having to cast Decay every so often didn't make it a better mechanic, or you a better player for having "mastered" it.
    - GTAOE sigils are both more cumbersome and more flexible. I've found I use the new sigils more than I used the old ones. The fact that they aren't SOA'ed is a small nerf, but its far more than offset by the buffs.
    - The class, as a whole is far less clunky than it was before, and everyone *****ing about it and pining for "the good old days" is just exhibiting Old Man's Syndrome.
    - A more polished interface doesn't mean that the game is "dumbed down". It means its more polished.

-Liang

Building decays wasn't hard. Target a pet.
    And the channeled bug was recently fixed so there was no real threat of LD breaking.

I don't understand alot of the design decisions Trion makes. Cab will most certainly get a nerf next patch, Just like Pyro, Dom, Paragons, Riftblades, Sabos and everything else that came before it.

It seems there's always one class that is buffed to ridiculous levels come a patch, then nerfed into oblivion.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Plane Touched

I agree that one of the cabs greatest draws, the sigils are now useless and need to be reimplemented. It is a one button game now with the cab and I think the display of decays + making it a buff goes a long way to making them easy to use for newer players.

The only way sigs are usable now are with maelstrom, and that's on a 1 min cd and well...nerfed. :/
    Last edited by Harmarofwhitecastle; 08-12-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    The only way sigs are usable now are with maelstrom, and that's on a 1 min cd and well...nerfed. :/
    Actually nothing is useful with Maelstrom now. Maelstrom has a 10 meter radius, and every Sigil has a 7+3=10 meter radius as well.

Maelstrom is now the most useless spell ever.

Soulwalker

I like how new Cabalist plays. I wouldn't touch it for anything but PvP before patch. Now I use it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    No, he isn't right about everything:
    - IMO, Tyranny "spam" isn't particularly different than old Tyranny spam. Having to cast Decay every so often didn't make it a better mechanic, or you a better player for having "mastered" it.
    - GTAOE sigils are both more cumbersome and more flexible. I've found I use the new sigils more than I used the old ones. The fact that they aren't SOA'ed is a small nerf, but its far more than offset by the buffs.
    - The class, as a whole is far less clunky than it was before, and everyone *****ing about it and pining for "the good old days" is just exhibiting Old Man's Syndrome.
    - A more polished interface doesn't mean that the game is "dumbed down". It means its more polished.

-Liang
    No Liang, Tyranny doesn't work with our sigils now, so it's a big nerf and there are no "buffs". Building LDs is just easier now (automatic ftw ), so it IS different, I think maybe you just wanna argue for the sake of argument sometimes.

Like I said above, I LIKE the new LD buff but want our old sigils back, not saying Cab was perfect before, but Trion didn't "fix" it, they made ONE aspect easier (automatic LDs, allows you to use your other spells to dps while they build, very nice, no more decay spamming), but screwed up another, so the new Cab is truly a double edged sword, a wierd trade off so to speak.

And really for the ppl that cry Cab is OP now, they're stupid. 1) Obliterate is a shell of it's former self (doesn't even have the old AoE effect) 2) Our pimp Death Dmg passive is gone, only works on decays now, gimp (ninja nerf, can't combine Cab+Inq like before for dps) 3) Since our sigils are GTAE no more party buff stripping, extended stunning/silencing using Maeltrom+Sign of Asias+Tyranny, get it?

2 factors are present since 1.4 patch, LESS healers (many were pissed about the mini nerf, wanted to try dmg builds) and more Cabs....duh! There WASN'T that many Cabalists running around pre 1.4, so OF COURSE ppl are pissed about all the Maelstroms and Tyranny spams now, double duh.

It's not that Cab is OP, it's just easier to spam Tyranny and there are more Cabs than EVER, period, nuff said, case closed, duh to infinity and beyond, no more nerf Cab posts (not saying you Liang just pissed at all the "nerf Cab" garbage).
    Last edited by Morguloth; 08-12-2011 at 08:00 AM.

LD ticks are like 50% less with Asias up.

My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

Wait, what?

while i fully agree the new buff mechanic makes it easier to use, at the same time i agree with the op that sigils are now less effective and more cumbersome
    dark water , and bound fate were buffed in 1.4 which was nice as the were useless before, but what people are forgetting is they heavily nerfed the main mechanic of cabalist which is ld damage, Obliterate is really weak now and tyranny hits for about half what it used to, dont believe me check the tooltips before and after 1.4.
    i was doing well over 3000k aoe on trash in gsb (not just burst) when i was in t2 gear, and people in full raid gear are only getting close 2.5
    Huge nerf and people complaining about a buff, Did everyone get amnesia or something

the funny thing is i never played it before either as with a semi decent healer the damage is negligable, the only problem is either based on gear discrepancies, or coordinated aoe which is the same as any other class

Quote Originally Posted by Nordain View Post
    LD ticks are like 50% less with Asias up.
    new patch notes
    * Cabalist: The same applied to Sign of Asias - Fixed a bug where damage modifiers were not applying correctly.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast