+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur...

Thumbs up Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur...

...Is lots and lots of fun!

You can have guns or bows, a pet....and explosives!

Kabooom! ^_^

Last edited by Valis78; 01-10-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Soulwalker

fell in love with that also

Shadowlander

Default Played these 3 souls: High DPS

Ya played these 3 souls as well then tried Bard/Marksman/Ranger loved this more @ lvl 20.

=P

/10 Char

Yep, yep, yep. Love this combination as well.
    Exploring Uncertainty, my blog
    Samuel Guss Photography, my photography business
    MMO Resume: WoW, Eve Online, Warhammer, Conan, STO, LotR, Vanguard

who wouldn't? as a lvl 27 mage the biggest nuke i got off was around 790. It wasn't Cinderburst either, cuz that spell is craptastic. It was a Elementalist lightning strike.

On the other hand, i suffered a few 1k crits from Marksmen, and (laugh) 1.5k crits from Saboteurs. that's almost a one shot kill on a mage! It was awesome to be thinking 'hey i'm doing well' quickly followed by an explosion and near death effect (think Tom Hanks concussed in Saving Private Ryan). I laughed. Then i went and rolled one up :P

"I find that hopelessness makes the best aphrodisiac..."

I've been playing this same combination, though with Marksman as my main spec, and I've found I pretty much never use the saboteur skills (come release I figure I might switch the third to bard for the 0 point buff and just focus on the other two, not sure).

But I'm curious, where in your rotation do you generally throw the sab skills in? After your combo point finisher, or in between stacking them, or ... ?

One of the biggest things I used was the Adhesive Bomb, that was an AoE slow.

I've come to prefer Riftstalker/Ranger/Saboteur, or Riftstalker/Ranger/Marksman.

The Sab slow is nice, but running faster is also nice - the Voids Shift on the Rift is almost essential to my play-style, and i can't wait to invest some points to get even more teleports. The Marksman version, I prefer, as it adds more combat mobility - nice in case someone ignores my pet, or just to quest faster (add in the Ranger speed buff to complement the combat speed one on Mark). And naturally the Pet from Ranger is a must, though I prefer the Ranger talents less (I go for the passive stat buffs, but that's about it).

Most points go into Marksman, spared points to Rift, and maybe 5 to 10 for Ranger.

Example build;
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...tstalker.20500

This guy would be a nightmare in PVP, to which the Adhesive Bomb (sab) and Crippling Shot (ranger) come most in handy; stop those melee-closers cold, and keep smashing them with armor reductions, crits, bleeds, and your pet.
    Make them a High Elf so that, in bursts, your Energy can stay high and all of your expensive abilities can be cast in rapid succession.
    They wouldn't stand a chance. xD

The Sab/Ranger/Mark specs. Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds!
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...10215051325000
    Sab; more dexterity and slows the enemy, some mobility help.
    Ranger; pet and more damage/crit damage, through bleeds and finishers.
    Marksman; main build; mobility mastery with some real nice instant and move-channel attacks.
    * Again, a horror to confront in PvP, especially with the High Elf's 15 seconds of energy regen per 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Morvick; 01-11-2011 at 05:29 AM.

I liked this combo, but the Sab part never really comes into play except in long Rift bosses and Dungeons, and even then, i only really use my charge/detonate. And the energy it uses is almost more useful to put towards other shots. Once i put enough points for the Barbed charge (The DOT one) It may become much more useful.

The Ranger/Marks combo is perfect in correlation with each other. If you look deep into the specs you see 2-3 different paths for each one that compliment the other spec. You can be Pet focused, Pure damage focused, or more utility with Debuffs and buffs (Example: Splinter shot = Dot, Piercing = -armor, etc.)

Default Uh...

I only see 50 soul point spots, which makes it impossible to get Retreat for the Marksman (for example).

Look and see;
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...iftstalker.200

I left the one point unspent, to demonstrate. My goal was to fill up Marksman and get Retreat; imagine my heartbreak. xD

Is this spec chart just outdated?

bard/marksman/ranger is my favourite so far. 8 points into marksman is all the DPS I need. I get a pet with 0 ranger points. The rest into bard is a fine, fine support character.

Very nice combination indeed now i really wonder what to play ? mage or rogue oh or maybe warrior ? so many interesting combinations

Play one of each lol.

My mains are going ot be along the lines of:

Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur
    Paragon/Beastmaster/Riftstalker
    Necromancer/Warlock

With alts of:

Blade Dance/Assassin/Bard?
    Elementalist/Stormcaller/Pyromancer

Exclamation

My only issue with the build was that...for some reason...the wolf could not hold aggro as well as the boar. >_<

I ended up relying on my bombs and push back arrow to knock em out before they got too close.

However I only got to level 20 with the build. Ill take a screen shot next beta to show you guys what I had set up.

^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast