+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Highest dps class

Soulwalker

Default Highest dps class

Hello i just got game and i absolutely love it. Im looking for a highest dps class meele and ranged (not souls just class).

Shadowlander

Warrior and Rogue, nearly equal. By the time you level 50 and gear up it will change.

Ascendant

in pvp warriors, in pve now its pretty much balanced if you have the gear and consumables, only clerics are a bit behind.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

in T1 raid gear it goes
    warrior -> rogue -> cleric -> mage

our mages are quitting left and right, they haven't been top of anything ever and were only close in 1.1.

p.s. if you are a fully T3 geared mage we are recruiting about 5 of you :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    in T1 raid gear it goes
    warrior -> rogue -> cleric -> mage

our mages are quitting left and right, they haven't been top of anything ever and were only close in 1.1.

p.s. if you are a fully T3 geared mage we are recruiting about 5 of you :P
    your mages are forgetting to use their powerstones looks like...
    you cant compare a warrior/rogue using all their consumables with a mage wich isnt using any.
    and btw mages gets a ton more benefit from sp than phisical from ap, so if you add the pvp crystal to the equation, mages comes actually ahead, at least till hammerknell.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    your mages are forgetting to use their powerstones looks like...
    you cant compare a warrior/rogue using all their consumables with a mage wich isnt using any.
    and btw mages gets a ton more benefit from sp than phisical from ap, so if you add the pvp crystal to the equation, mages comes actually ahead, at least till hammerknell.
    everyone is fully buffed with powerstones, i didnt even mention numbers but if you want me to, our warriors and myself are over 2k, with cleric coming close behind, and mages not even on the list. does that give you an idea? also our mages have full BiS t1 raid gear with relics, they have literally 0 upgrades yet cannot even beat any other class on the dps meter.

and my guild only raids hammerknell, we are done with gsb/ros and still mages are WAY behind for single target dps.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Well mages without full BiS gear and relics pulling out 1.6-1.7k on Murdantix for example isn't bad or sub-par and definitely viable imo and this is ranged damage unlike warriors and rogues who have the pleasure of dealing with all the beauties which come in a package of being close to a boss.
    Do mages pull best possible single target dps? No. Do mages do enough dps to be viable in any encounter? Imo yes (at least I haven't found any encounter that contradicts this).
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 08-11-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Soulwalker

Simple...its warrior. It has been warrior since day one in Rift. They aren't as dominant in some aspects as they used to be, but they're still #1.
    If you ever played Warhammer, then think BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Well mages without full BiS gear and relics pulling out 1.6-1.7k on Murdantix for example isn't bad or sub-par and definitely viable imo and this is ranged damage unlike warriors and rogues who have the pleasure of dealing with all the beauties which come in a package of being close to a boss.
    Do mages pull best possible single target dps? No. Do mages do enough dps to be viable in any encounter? Imo yes (at least I haven't found any encounter that contradicts this).
    think the issue more now is that clerics are now ahead of mages as they also have the luxury of melee combat. mages are last place dps and are the only class that has to do it at range (which is why they are last place) due to the devs having no clue how to balance pvp, they made all ranged classes do crap dps and made all melee dps classes do amazing dps. sure mages are more than viable, especially for raiding since many bosses have aoe encounters, but they are the lowest single target dps in the game and that is just how it is. hence why they have all quit (at least in my guild).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    everyone is fully buffed with powerstones, i didnt even mention numbers but if you want me to, our warriors and myself are over 2k, with cleric coming close behind, and mages not even on the list. does that give you an idea? also our mages have full BiS t1 raid gear with relics, they have literally 0 upgrades yet cannot even beat any other class on the dps meter.

and my guild only raids hammerknell, we are done with gsb/ros and still mages are WAY behind for single target dps.
    Murdantix screws casters a little since melee can attack while moving, but our meter this week was Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Mage. Seems pretty balanced IMO.

I did 1950 on Matron completely single target, as Zoomancer (which isn't the best spec). Our meter was Cleric, Mage, Rogue, Rogue, Warrior, Mage this week.

I was the highest non-AEer on Zilas this week, and I am on a side killing Wraiths and stunning Magi.

If I could run a real spec on Matron our meter would be Cleric Mage Mage.

There are some things that melee do better, and some things that casters do better, but so far in HK it seems pretty balanced to me.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Murdantix screws casters a little since melee can attack while moving, but our meter this week was Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Mage. Seems pretty balanced IMO.

I did 1950 on Matron completely single target, as Zoomancer (which isn't the best spec). Our meter was Cleric, Mage, Rogue, Rogue, Warrior, Mage this week.

I was the highest non-AEer on Zilas this week, and I am on a side killing Wraiths and stunning Magi.

If I could run a real spec on Matron our meter would be Cleric Mage Mage.

There are some things that melee do better, and some things that casters do better, but so far in HK it seems pretty balanced to me.
    wtb your raid, we are down to 3 mages now and with 1 having to be archon and 1 having to be chloro that leaves at most 1 dps per boss, due to mage shortage all our clerics are now healing/hybrid with at most 1 dps on a fight so it's hard to gauge, but yes any encounter with aoe is very good for mages, many fights are good for them but overall they are last place in single target dps, fortunately not many bosses require high single target dps so it's not a raid issue, but it is an issue since it is causing mages to quit (at least in my guild).

Ascendant

Eh, I could hit 2100+ on a tank n spank single target boss, assuming one actually existed. That's close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades, IMO. I was definitely on the "I hate my class" bandwagon in 1.3, but I really feel like the spotters/stones changes closed the gap enough that everyone can compete now.
    Last edited by PessimiStick; 08-11-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Yes our mages seem to be doing very good damage as well and constantly in the top 5 in the meters.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Eh, I could hit 2100+ on a tank n spank single target boss, assuming one actually existed. That's close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades, IMO. I was definitely on the "I hate my class" bandwagon in 1.3, but I really feel like the spotters/stones changes closed the gap enough that everyone can compete now.
    still WTB your mages, guess they all went guardian on our server :P

funny cause they nerf rogues with whetstones and heavily buff warriors and mages/clerics with oilstones/powerstones, they also heavily nerf rogues with the spotters order change, it's like they dont want rogues to be the top :P

im actually tempted to level up my mage to 50 just to see if it is is actually hard like the ones in my guild would have you believe... something tells me from your guilds success that it is very easy to be a good and competitive mage :P

Most people who play mages expected to be at least close to consistent top DPS. In both PVE and PVP we have pretty much been forced into support roles. It's not what most expected and as a result we are quitting. Trion had a chance now it's gone..along with a lot of mages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast