+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marksman

Default Marksman

I originally started the Ranger thread the day these forums launched. It still hosts many wonderful discussions, but recently the MARKSMAN class was revealed at GamesCom. This seems to be the class many players were waiting for, specifically ones who didn't want to manage a pet.

Here is a place where we can discuss that class.

I'll be updating the original thread with more information as it comes in, so expect this rough intro to be changed in the near future. Thanks!

Things we know:
    - It's a rogue
    - It uses ranged weaponry
    - No pet
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

I am hoping this is the Sniper/Scout i have been waiting for ... please please let this be a gun user.

i'm thinking stealthy, packs a punch on first shot with some but limited crowd control to keep people at bay. bad upclose maybe with traps?
    Last edited by Apoth; 08-19-2010 at 10:38 PM.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Nice for those who aren't rapt about dealing with pets, but love the archery aspect.

I'm actually hoping for a crossbow user but even bow would still be cool. Interested to see what its all about.
    The Black Company
    Of. By. For.

Not too mention that this soul definitely feels like a supplement to the ranged abilities of a ranger, so you'll end up being some kind of super ranger (power ranger just came into my mind).

I never really understood the use of pets for a ranger, they have always been straight ranged with a bow and no pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zofe View Post
    I never really understood the use of pets for a ranger, they have always been straight ranged with a bow and no pets.
    They gained animal empathy and could have animal "followers" over two decades ago. Not to mention they could fight with two melee weapons.
    Last edited by Helspyre; 08-20-2010 at 06:33 AM.
    The Black Company
    Of. By. For.

Telaran

I hate it when long ranged classes have good CC, like snares, stuns, traps, etc.

Like, I intend to play a melee class (probably warrior without stealth) and like in pvp.

Actually scratch all that, pvp is not about 1 on 1, so ya, give them CC as long as it's balanced, i.e. no stunlocking from 100 feet away

Just say no to stunlocking. I never understood the fun or the need to keep a player inactive for such a long time.

I know, no interaction is the best way to win, but still, a well aimed stun is good to prevent a complete heal, but a stunlock where a player can't do anything is horrible and makes some classes unplayable or undesirable in pvp.

I'm really happy to see the Marksman. That's going to be a class I will either create an alt for or maybe I'll just play it as an alt spec from my melee main rogue. And I think I saw a gun in a video or a screen shots so I'd expect a gun for ranged weapon.

Can you see it? A Marksman saboteur that can add his bombs to a ranged attack . Well guess that probably won't happen, but I bet the saboteur has some mid-ranged cc abilities, combined with a marksman his long ranged attack, the enemies should stay away long enough for me to kill them. And if that doesn't work ranger+pet for ranged goodies.

I'm hoping that there is some sort of mobility option. I understand the "need" for deadzones, but escapes must be made for those using ranged weapons.

A Disengage equivalent would be fantastic, but having some ability to use on the run would be nice. I'm not asking for it to be amazing, just something to do if you need to move (which is becoming a more and more common theme with scripted events).
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

I haven't found any videos with Marksman from GamesCom, has anyone else?

Don't mistake the Marksman for the numerous Ranger videos

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post
    I haven't found any videos with Marksman from GamesCom, has anyone else?

Don't mistake the Marksman for the numerous Ranger videos
    I thought I saw a video of a gun user with a pet from Gamescon. Maybe that was Ranger with a Marksman soul?

I'll try to find it.

According to Kalbuir, guns are not class specific for the Marksman. The Marksman and the Ranger can use both bows, crossbows, or guns depending on preference. I like this as it adds flexibility for those who prefer a certain type of ranged weapon. I would imagine the marksman to be a sniper type ranged class that specializes in keeping enemies at bay, while at the same time. I've kinda liked these builds, but I wonder if they might be a little too powerful.

Honestly though, I might mix a Blade Dancer, Rift Stalker, and a Marksman into a build. I would be able to stealth around, snipe someone from a distance and whittle them down when they get close and be able to defend myself.

Marksman + Pistols + Blade Dancer = "yeeearrr. Whar be th' booty, har-har."
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    Marksman + Pistols + Blade Dancer = "yeeearrr. Whar be th' booty, har-har."
    My thought exactly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast