+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Marksman

Hopefully the marksman can be pared with a melee dps class too, finally a Ranger that can use dual swords.

imo Rifles for opening attacks and dual pistols for melee range.

Rangers can't just choose to not summon the pet. The soul is balanced around having the pet out. Not having the pet out reduces the DPS capability of the soul. Marksman gives that ability while still having other options available.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

I'm really looking forward to trying this one out; definitely like the fact that it doesn't have the pet. Hoping for some root-'n-shoot style gameplay, ala EQ Ranger.

My Corsair in FFXI was one of the funnest characters I've ever played. I loved it's blend of decent ranged non-mage damage, great group support skills and fantastic wardrobe. Hopefully I'll be able to create a pseudo Corsair in Rift as a Marksmen/Bard.

One a side note, I would love to see them get some Gun Kata style pistol moves for melee engagements.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 12-02-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Rangers need a tracking skill, that's the main reason why i always play one, either becasue they can track, or be an anti rogue class, and for the bows ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Agahnim View Post
    Rangers need a tracking skill, that's the main reason why i always play one, either becasue they can track, or be an anti rogue class, and for the bows ofc.
    Well they got their sense humanoid skill. That will come in handy depending on it's range.

Plane Touched

20 marksmen here with rift/ranger for free pet and riftwarp.

basically I run circles around all melee classes except for riftblade who can out dps me with lance shots =/

Almost never win again any other ranged class especially healers.

I forsee them being the fast running and low damage PvP set thats good at chasing enemies and running away but not able to win 1v1 very often
    All "negative" or "critical" posts are in order to improve the game we all plan to play for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Threather View Post
    I really hope the Marksman class offers stealth. It is my plan to combine Blade Dancer - Rift Stalker- Marksman to get a class that can do serious Ranged DPS, serious melee DPS, yet able to defend. If Marksman (or any of those other classes) can stealth . . . I will pwn all . . .
    I believe Rift Stalkers have Stealth, and some pretty good buffs for it as well, unless they've recently changed it and taken it out, but I know that it was previously in the Rift Stalker skill tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Threather View Post
    My thought exactly.
    Same here my thought exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Ligra View Post
    I believe Rift Stalkers have Stealth, and some pretty good buffs for it as well, unless they've recently changed it and taken it out, but I know that it was previously in the Rift Stalker skill tree.
    Correction, I have no idea, I was mistaking the Rift Stalker soul with the Assasin soul, which does have stealth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4