+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mageheart Vs Trion!

Soulwalker

Default Mageheart Vs Trion!

Greetings fellow mages! And to Rogues, Warriors and Clerics, I say...."boo",

I feel it is time for an uprising!.....
    Too long have we sat in the shadows of oppression!
    Too long have we been made to endure the snorts of derision from Rogues and Warriors!
    Too long have we spent hours perfecting specs, rotations and gear just to be told "Go Chloro, or go home"!
    My brothers, it is time, we stand united and WE WANT DPS!

If you, like I, love the mage way of life, but would rather saw off ones' own reproductive organs with a blunt spoon, than watch another badly geared warrior beat us on dps by pressing the big red shiney macro called "DoDPS", then band with me!

Post your comments of displeasure at the current state of mage affairs!
    Let Trion be aghast at the numbers of my brothers calling for change!
    And let us sieze our the powers of this world for our own!

FOR MAGEDOM!!!
    Last edited by Millamb3r; 08-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Trion's whole system is based on every other calling being able to do equal DPS to mages. Mages are squishiest and their self-heals were just nerfed on top of that, but you still can't call for more DPS than anyone else. It isn't a good situation. Maybe it's driving some mages insane.

Telaran

This game is Cleric and Warrior Online. Like I have said before someone has to be cannon fodder to their uber leetness.

Everyone knows mages are what you beat up on. Not everyone can be the football star.

Also if you are beaten by a mage: you really know you suck!

My fellow brethren, Rise up!

Too long have we been beaten and scorned as the bum's of rift

Tooo long have we been one shotted by a warrior GcD

Toooo long have we been doing mediocre dps on raid bosses

Tooooo long have we been the subject of nerf after nerf after nerf.

ENOUGH!!!

The Time is Nigh For Mages To Take Back Our Natural Prowess!

Support The way of the mage! and take Millam words of wisdom.

I support this thread, and am extremely sick of how mages are being treated and how poor mechanics cause mages to suck ie: charge.

btw, a Super expensive consumable doesn't fix anything.

I see Trion's tries to bring mages back but the upproach is bad.

The Powerstone costs too much. Yes it brings mages more to par with other DPS classes but what about comparison without consumables?

I see some new boss mechanics making some fights more melee-unfriendly but that is not enough as anyways mages do less ST DPS than other classes.

Haha mage tank on King is a brilliant idea.

But still mages have a WTF rotation and a sub-par DPS. That is not good. This causes so much anger...
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

The Charge mechanic isn't what's bad, especially since they took down the costs for a lot of abilities that use it. The only relative difficulty compared to combo points is the bigger numbers, which really doesn't add any significant amount. I honestly can't tell why people find so difficult about it -- the only thing I can guess is they're extrapolating from that stupidly complicated Stormcaller rotation, but that would have to mean they never used charge at all while leveling or using any other spec.

What *is* bad, is that our damage is straight-up way too low. The fix is as simple as upping the spellpower coefficients -- 40% is ridiculous, and a good portion are even smaller than that. Make everything 80% minimum and then maybe we can compete with Warriors.

Shadowlander

Mages are fine - they should be rare, i suggest slightly lower their damage across all souls and probably increase magic resistance on the bosses.

Soulwalker

Well done my brothers! LET YOUR VOICES HEARD!

Btw, in what universe was "Decreased charge consumption from 2 abilities" the go-to fix for mages?!

We come for you Trion! Then for Hammerknell's top dps spots!

Shadowlander

The problem for PvP.... If you add survivability to all our damage specs what does it do to hybrids that include chloro? I agree it is so frustrating to have everyone beeline to punch me because they know you will go down. I play bait now and blow cooldowns. At least smart players will cap, grab or do whatever objective is helpful for success.

With forced gear progression in PvP, hopefully they are getting good results and can adjust accordingly.

As far as PvE.. yeah the consummable is nice but more gimmicks.

Has anyone seen a Dev/Community Manager response in any of the class threads lately?

Mage is fine as it is, Trion go on... you are on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalplayerRyu View Post
    Sounds like a Warrior wants his go-to Favor Dispensors (tm) to stick around. Given Trion's response to Mage outcry so far, you don't have to worry about that changing any time soon. Consider all these complaints to be harmless bull sessions that have no actual effects on anything.
    Last edited by Zarokima; 08-10-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalplayerRyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    Sounds like a Warrior wants his go-to Favor Dispensors (tm) to stick around. Given Trion's response to Mage outcry so far, you don't have to worry about that changing any time soon. Consider all these complaints to be harmless bull sessions that have no actual effects on anything.
    ^this. pretty sad but true.

MY BRETHREN LET US CHANGE THIS.

Plane Touched

I'm not quite sure what classes everyone is playing, but as a mage I feel very OP most of the time, and often in many matches I will have top damage, healing, and damage taken with 1-2 deaths.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    I'm not quite sure what classes everyone is playing, but as a mage I feel very OP most of the time, and often in many matches I will have top damage, healing, and damage taken with 1-2 deaths.
    This is quite true. Mesk is pretty much the bane of my existence!

I've pretty much just given up on attacking you at this point, I just switch off to someone else nearby that I can actually put a dent on.
    Last edited by trine351; 08-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Formerly: Nanase - Rawrior | Camilah - Rogue | Krystie - Cleric | Myuria - Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by trine351 View Post
    This is quite true. Mesk is pretty much the bane of my existence!

I've pretty much just given up on attacking you at this point, I just switch off to someone else nearby that I can actually put a dent on.
    Aww I work very hard to be the main target actually, most people tend to do more damage to themselves attacking me, warlock armor is like a full time reflect damage ;)
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast