+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My rant (Feel free to ignore. I wont post or view this again)

Soulwalker

Default My rant (Feel free to ignore. I wont post or view this again)

2 simple facts:

1. Love the Cab spec Trion. i think ya finally gave us a decent AoE spec that works for PVP as well.

2. Nerf warriors already. When i see R2 warriors going 1v4 against a group of our new R7 clerics, rogues and mages and that ONE warrior killing everyone and leaving with full health.....there's a big problem. No its not "those 4 must be bad players" or "your exaggerating" I'm not. I see it every WF. this speaks of problems. THAT much damage against high Rank players is too absurd for words. Not only can they stunlock nearly as long as a rogue, but with their high damage, Immunity to any CC effects and High armor and health....they are, for a lack of better words, Too damn OP. I tried it. Made a warrior. got to lvl 10. I could **** face against anyone I found and I was just button mashing.

Thanks for the slight cleric boost
    Last edited by Gill; 08-09-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: inappropiate content

This is me ignoring this thread completely

/ignorethread

warriors still OP

now cabalist OP

luv this game right?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Roguetamer View Post
    2. Nerf warriors already. When i see R2 warriors going 1v4 against a group of our new R7 clerics, rogues and mages and that ONE warrior killing everyone and leaving with full health.....there's a big problem.
    Perhaps if y'all spent more time actually playing instead of trying to figure out what tier gear the other person has you'd do better.

Shadowlander

Hey remember that time that Warrior went support and buffed everyones damage and/or survivability? No? Well how about that time that Warrior switched into his healing spec and helped heal to win! No? Me neither.

All warriors have is damage in PvP. Take away the damage they do now, the class becomes useless.

1. Trion, thanks for my OP new build!

2. Trion, can we do something about this other OP spec for the other guys?

Telaran

2 simple facts:

1. Love the Cab spec Trion. i think ya finally gave us a decent AoE spec that works for PVP as well.

2. Nerf warriors already. When i see R2 warriors going 1v4 against a group of our new R7 clerics, rogues and mages and that ONE warrior killing everyone and leaving with full health.....there's a big problem. No its not "those 4 must be bad players" or "your exaggerating" I'm not. I see it every WF. this speaks of problems. THAT much damage against high Rank players is too absurd for words. Not only can they stunlock nearly as long as a rogue, but with their high damage, Immunity to any CC effects and High armor and health....they are, for a lack of better words, Too damn OP. I tried it. Made a warrior. got to lvl 10. I could **** face against anyone I found and I was just button mashing.

I don't understand why people complain about warriors. Kill the 4 healers behind him keeping him alive. A warrior doesn't just walk up to four healers and kill them all without a scratch on them unless whoever they are fighting is stupid or afk. Especially a rank 2 warrior.

Xsi

Why oh why are rogues never on the OP list *cry*
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Warriors= OP; (maybe paralyz mage for the heck of it) strike mage once/twice = mage dead
    Clerics = OP; wear down mage and get worn down by mage, when cleric reaches zero, heal and kill mage = mage dead
    Rouges = OP; Stealth, paralyze mage, kill with 4-5 strike while the mage can't respond = mage dead. This is probably the worst one. Rouges are way OP.
    Mages = UP; cast a few spells to get warrior or cleric attention, ge killed. Also works well with simply walking around, waiting for that rouge to paralyze you so you can't even cast that spell, and bleed to death = dead mage

Make mages strong.

Just needed to get it out of my system. Feels... Nice.
    Last edited by Pera; 08-09-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    Why oh why are rogues never on the OP list *cry*
    they are, especially marksman and sin

2 simple facts:

hahahahahaha
    enjoy cab
    this will definitely get nerfed LOL
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pera View Post
    Warriors= OP; (maybe paralyz mage for the heck of it) strike mage once/twice = mage dead
    Clerics = OP; wear down mage and get worn down by mage, when cleric reaches zero, heal and kill mage = mage dead
    Rouges = OP; Stealth, paralyze mage, kill with 4-5 strike while the mage can't respond = mage dead. This is probably the worst one. Rouges are way OP.
    Mages = UP; cast a few spells to get warrior or cleric attention, ge killed. Also works well with simply walking around, waiting for that rouge to paralyze you so you can't even cast that spell, and bleed to death = dead mage

Make mages strong.

Just needed to get it out of my system. Feels... Nice.
    LOLOLOL buff mages my ***, have you tried the necro/lock spec most OP bull$hit out there. My bleeds on them tick the warlock armor for close to 300 damage a sec and they heal to full. they just stand there and Tank **** with AoE and 10k + HP Buff mages my *** L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Grolt View Post
    LOLOLOL buff mages my ***, have you tried the necro/lock spec most OP bull$hit out there. My bleeds on them tick the warlock armor for close to 300 damage a sec and they heal to full. they just stand there and Tank **** with AoE and 10k + HP Buff mages my *** L2P
    Nice first post, Grolt.

sarcasm aside, that's relatively true. Every class has something viable, and there's a few that are slightly stronger right now. Even with the rampant tears and bawww PvP is awful crowd, Trion has done a really good job of picking out the really broken builds and reducing their imbalances.

I think Rift PvP is pretty darn good, world PvP has been on a huge upswing, and the rewards are pretty amazing right now. The key is don't suck, or embrace a bit of the FotM if you're really that upset that your oddball build isn't working out.

2 simple facts:

1. I have a preference (whoop de doo)

2. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Waiting for the facts portion.
    Say no to Damage Meters.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverDeath View Post
    It becomes a standard by which idiots who don't understand game mechanics can judge people often unfairly. Especially in a game that allows for such diverse builds, there is a real market for support classes here, classes that don't top heals or top dps or top tanking, but can help a group by being versatile, an ace-in-the-hole for those tough situations you hope never happen, but inevitably will.

Damage meters are an idea that can spread like wildfire among the minds of the feeble, and all they will see is numbers, and the number on that meter is the number they will place on your value - and it is incredibly short-sighted and tragically inept of them, but an almost certain side-effect of such an option. It's not necessary, in the least. You will know if you are doing well, based on how many bosses are killed while you are in attendance, because there is no "i" in team, which is something that MMO players used to understand when they were usually gamers, but less so now that they are mostly WoW-kids.

Ascendant

Default YEah.

2 simple facts:

Nerf warriors already. When i see R2 warriors going 1v4 against a group of our new R7 clerics, rogues and mages and that ONE warrior killing everyone and leaving with full health.....there's a big problem. This never, ever happens. At the very least, you'd need a healer to keep the warrior alive while he does his damage. So that's really two characters, and the most potent combination in the game - DPS and healer.No its not "those 4 must be bad players" or "your exaggerating" I'm not. I see it every WF. In every warfront, you see a warrior kill four R7 clerics, rogues and mages? Wow. The odds of that happening are incredible, get a lottery ticket.this speaks of problems. THAT much damage against high Rank players is too absurd for words. Not only can they stunlock What? Are we talking about Parachamps, still? The class with one three-second stun and one root? nearly as long as a rogue, but with their high damage, Immunity to any CC effects We get immunity to CC? Wow. I thought everyone had some sort of break-free.and High armor and health A DPS-specced warrior does not have high health. Only tank warriors get health bonuses. Similarly, plate armor offers zero mitigation against non-physical damage, and so against a mage or cleric... a DPS warrior has the same armor and health as a DPS rogue. Imagine that. ....they are, for a lack of better words, Too damn OP. I tried it. Made a warrior. got to lvl 10. I could **** face against anyone I found and I was just button mashing. This must be a troll post. I think I just fell for it.
    Made a few comments to point out the inconsistencies in this statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast