+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When to use cleansing spells

Question When to use cleansing spells

I have a pretty noobish question about cleansing and dispelling, whether for clerics or mages (Nature's Cleansing/Purification/Cleansing Waters/Cleansing Prayer/Cauterize/etc). I honestly never know when to use these. When I played wow I had the Decursive addon which let me know when a player got a debuff. Is there some indication when a player gets a debuff that I am missing? ...Other than a very tiny symbol in a haystack of other tiny symbols. Any advice is much appreciated.

9/10 times it shows up in raid frames.
    Auberon ~ Mage-wannabe Cleric
    Proud Member of <Seraphim> ~ Guardians on Laethys
    www.seraphim-rift.com

I have to ask the obvious... what does it look like when it shows up?

If you're in a group of less than five, does it show up too?

Rift Disciple

Little tiny bleeds / snares on the tanks and other useless debuffs = Dont even bother wasting the global cooldown

Debuffs that will kill the raid or wipe the grp or 1shot somebody = cleanse that crap as soon as it hits the person

Honestly its all up to knowing each individual encounter like the back of your hand that makes the best healer's, some debuffs you want to have the cleanse fireing as soon as they hit, and some debuffs are just random crap dot's and stuff that really mean nothing and just clutter up the raidframe
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

pretty much anything that shows up in raid frames is a debuff, but wether its cleanseable or not is another story.

as the previous poster said its about knowing the encounters.
    Auberon ~ Mage-wannabe Cleric
    Proud Member of <Seraphim> ~ Guardians on Laethys
    www.seraphim-rift.com

Shadowlander

They look like small squares, smaller versions of the icon of the debuff which has been applied. If you look closely, they also have colours indicating the type of the debuff applied. Haven't looked into it extensively, but I believe poisons are green, curses are purple. Think there's also some red debuffs...physical debuffs maybe?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by reilwin View Post
    They look like small squares, smaller versions of the icon of the debuff which has been applied. If you look closely, they also have colours indicating the type of the debuff applied. Haven't looked into it extensively, but I believe poisons are green, curses are purple. Think there's also some red debuffs...physical debuffs maybe?
    Your right.. they are tiny squares on the raid frames which sucks but what can you do =/

The colors are kinda hard to see around them but not too bad. You can only cleanse purple and green debuffs. Basically I cleanse everything that I see pop up on anyone reguardless of if its a serious debuff or not, rather not take any chances.

Red debuffs you cannot cleanse.

Also buffs that have cooldowns for reuse on a player like Healers Covenant and Ward of the Ancestors and all those warrior buffs show up in the same spots but they are Red. This can be confusing too but eventually you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaos View Post
    Your right.. they are tiny squares on the raid frames which sucks but what can you do =/

The colors are kinda hard to see around them but not too bad. You can only cleanse purple and green debuffs. Basically I cleanse everything that I see pop up on anyone reguardless of if its a serious debuff or not, rather not take any chances.

Red debuffs you cannot cleanse.

Also buffs that have cooldowns for reuse on a player like Healers Covenant and Ward of the Ancestors and all those warrior buffs show up in the same spots but they are Red. This can be confusing too but eventually you get the hang of it.
    +1

but take all cleanses off your bar for LGS...
    or the plant tank will kick you in the junk...
    hard.

Plane Walker

put the cleanse on your ability bar.

It will be greyed out. When a debuff is on it will no longer be greyed out.

Couple that with the knowledge of what debuffs pop up all the time and which ones are deadly and you are golden.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Udolpho View Post
    I have to ask the obvious... what does it look like when it shows up?

If you're in a group of less than five, does it show up too?
    When you are in a group of less than five you can still convert to raid, and it is highly recommended to do so. The raid frames might be bad, but the party frames are even worse.

+ Reply to Thread