+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why the switch??

  1. #1
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    622

    Default Why the switch??

    Why do people that PvP always look for the next OP class then whine when they get nerfed?


    Take cabalist for example. There are MANY other cleric soul that people could repec into, but most choose cabalist.

    Would they have picked cabalist even if the damage was really really bad? I dont think so..

    Pick an very low gimped class, OR dont cry when you OP class is nerfed.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    its not all PvP players who flock to the FotM class/build
    just the bad ones.

    if cabalist is the new pyro/parachamp fotm, it will have a counter class/build somewhere that eats it alive.
    find that counter, and enjoy your time at the top of wf scoreboards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    its not all PvP players who flock to the FotM class/build
    just the bad ones.

    if cabalist is the new pyro/parachamp fotm, it will have a counter class/build somewhere that eats it alive.
    find that counter, and enjoy your time at the top of wf scoreboards.
    Any warrior can kill me easily. I'm only a threat if I can cast unhindered and the enemy is grouped up (often helped by my Maelstrom).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Any warrior can kill me easily. I'm only a threat if I can cast unhindered and the enemy is grouped up (often helped by my Maelstrom).
    Man I hate that spell. I do my best to stay outr of aoe range & then all of a sudden...BAM! SPooning 5 other guys.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    i'm yet to noticably be effected by maelstrom.
    part of this is due to my playstyle, i like to go deep...straight down their throats till they choke on me.
    as such i'm usually standing amoungst the enemy casters while they are maelstroming across the field of battle at my friendly casters.

    the other part is due to having riftwalk just a finger twitch away. i'm used to being knocked back off whoever i'm slapping about the head, and can often riftwalk straight back without missing a beat.

    i do enjoy seeing friendly cabalists use the ability, though. i'm ussualy not far from wherever they get pulled into.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  6. #6
    Telaran Zorae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    Why do people that PvP always look for the next OP class then whine when they get nerfed?


    Take cabalist for example. There are MANY other cleric soul that people could repec into, but most choose cabalist.

    Would they have picked cabalist even if the damage was really really bad? I dont think so..

    Pick an very low gimped class, OR dont cry when you OP class is nerfed.
    /Still running Warden

  7. #7
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    Why do people that PvP always look for the next OP class then whine when they get nerfed?


    Take cabalist for example. There are MANY other cleric soul that people could repec into, but most choose cabalist.

    Would they have picked cabalist even if the damage was really really bad? I dont think so..

    Pick an very low gimped class, OR dont cry when you OP class is nerfed.

    Many clerics understood that with lowered aoe heals, aoe damage would be very effective, thus the natural class to go to is cabalist. And those who wouldnt, would choose inqui.
    It a cause and effect.

    If only ST heals were nerfed, and aoe heals remained the same, those who were pissed would choose shamans, druids and inquis.


    Picking a very low gimped class is stupid because you would not be going anything useful, and what fun is it using a terrible soul as opposed to a better soul? How is that fun?

  8. #8
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    its not all PvP players who flock to the FotM class/build
    just the bad ones.

    if cabalist is the new pyro/parachamp fotm, it will have a counter class/build somewhere that eats it alive.
    find that counter, and enjoy your time at the top of wf scoreboards.
    Cabalist have a very great counter, spreading out, and getting within 10m of them. Everyone can do the first and 3 classes can do the second.

  9. #9
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post

    Picking a very low gimped class is stupid because you would not be going anything useful, and what fun is it using a terrible soul as opposed to a better soul? How is that fun?

    Thats fine, just dont cry when that fun is nerfed ... YOU PICKED IT ... & were warned
    Last edited by AvdielZion; 08-08-2011 at 10:58 AM.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Bobopedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Cabalist was remade so people are trying it out. Why is that hard to understand?
    Last edited by Bobopedic; 08-08-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

  11. #11
    General of Telara Thulium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    Cabalist was remade so people are trying it out. Why is that hard to understand?
    This is the truth. Cabalist will fade again from most WF after a while, once people go back to their preferred spec.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Majsharan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    I don't know about that. right now cabalist is propably the highest warfront dps class in the game. It was good before and now its just rediculous, I am running it like crazy while I can expecting it to be nerfed and to be no where near as effective in PVP.

    In blackgarden everyone huddles around the guy with the fang which = cabalist win
    In codex the codex is always being assulated by big groups = cabilist win
    Port scion bridge and the commander are areas where there are always big groups = cabablist win

    Whitefall is the only warfront right now where cablist is basically worthless.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched BobtheDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    This is the truth. Cabalist will fade again from most WF after a while, once people go back to their preferred spec.
    Honestly I didnt see what was wrong with the Cabalist pre-1.4 .... I've had a Cabby build on my Cleric for awhile and enjoyed it immensely. It took a little adjusting to understand how the Sigil played but wasn't that hard to understand...

    Guess they had to dumb it down.



    So much QQ on the forums about healing and clerics decided to go do damage after the 1.4 adjustments... and well, FOTM is well, FOTM after all.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser beawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    370

    Default

    You should know that Cabalist PvP was stronger before 1.4. Most of us picked up Cabby this weekend because they were trying out a re-vamped tree, and because you kinds of forum-goers complained about our heals enough to get them nerfed. I've been playing Cabby for ages.
    Last edited by beawr; 08-08-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

  15. #15
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    Thats fine, just dont cry when that fun is nerfed ... YOU PICKED IT ... & were warned
    So people should not use specs just in case they get nerfed? Then no one would be able to play the game in that case, because whatever spec they pick will be nerfed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts