+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible solution to the warrior DPS wanting Leather/rogue drops.

Default Possible solution to the warrior DPS wanting Leather/rogue drops.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, i would be surprised if it hadn't. But i have what i believe is a potentially VERY simple solution to the issue of warriors wanting to roll on what are traditionally considered rogue drops (such as high dex 1h or daggers) as well as leather drops.

Right now we, like rogues, get ALL of our crit from dex. This is the inherent problem.

If they were to split it up, either say 50/50 or 30/70 with str dex for warriors only, it would make the gear with str on it much more desireable for wars.

What i mean by that is instead of 1dex=1crit, 1dex would equal .5% crit, and 1str would be .5% crit.

If that needs tweaking not to give too much crit, then make it 1dex=.70% crit and 1str=.30% crit, etc

Plane Touched

I had a similar idea, I figured that all of the primary stats for the classes should increase their crit. Wis for clerics, int for mages, dex for rogues, and strength for warriors, which would make itemization a lot less of an issue. Clerics and warriors would then have more innate crit without having to stack it separately, or prey on the rogue gear.

pro

Or we could be like every other game that has encountered the problem and just make gear class specific. Of course it will only be for dungeon/raid drops that way everyone gets there gear. I mean i really dont see why this thread was made because the problem could have easily been solved in beta.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Uhgii View Post
    I had a similar idea, I figured that all of the primary stats for the classes should increase their crit. Wis for clerics, int for mages, dex for rogues, and strength for warriors, which would make itemization a lot less of an issue. Clerics and warriors would then have more innate crit without having to stack it separately, or prey on the rogue gear.
    golf clap

i totally agree. this should have been implimented from day one.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Or we could be like every other game that has encountered the problem and just make gear class specific. Of course it will only be for dungeon/raid drops that way everyone gets there gear. I mean i really dont see why this thread was made because the problem could have easily been solved in beta.
    Inferior solution, since you don't fix the underlying problem that leather gear was/still is performance gear for warriors. Banning them from using the gear isn't the solution. They need that gear to perform well, just as much as rogues do.

The best solution is to do what trion is doing. Noting what the best stats are, and designing all new gear accordingly. Warriors will eventually not want leather, not because of leather's stats, but because trion has re-addressed how much crit they add to their plate. With this new approach, warriors will hit the innate 1000 crit with a half-completed T3 set, where they will promptly not ever give leather a second thought and the problem is solved regardless of who can wear what.

Look at the new quest line shoulders. +30 crit. Trion has noted their imbalance and is correcting for it.

Warriors will eventually, with this change alone, not even want leather even as leather goes rogue-only. But even if it doesn't, warriors will quickly stop rolling on gear that is no longer best in slot for them.
    Last edited by PFalcon; 08-10-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Inferior solution, since you don't fix the underlying problem that leather gear was/still is performance gear for warriors. Banning them from using the gear isn't the solution. They need that gear to perform well, just as much as rogues do.

The best solution is to do what trion is doing. Noting what the best stats are, and designing all new gear accordingly. Warriors will eventually not want leather, not because of leather's stats, but because trion has re-addressed how much crit they add to their plate. With this new approach, warriors will hit the innate 1000 crit with a half-completed T3 set, where they will promptly not ever give leather a second thought and the problem is solved regardless of who can wear what.

Look at the new quest line shoulders. +30 crit. Trion has noted their imbalance and is correcting for it.

Warriors will eventually, with this change alone, not even want leather even as leather goes rogue-only. But even if it doesn't, warriors will quickly stop rolling on gear that is no longer best in slot for them.
    When they put more dex than str, remove ap and only put +crit on warrior gear I will stop needing leather armor.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

This is only a half fix I think it will be more encouraging, but until str is the main stat warriors derive crit from leather will still be the option they look at. Include the fact that you must wear the right armor type for the synergy crystal effects. The only unknown is whether the crystal will actually be good enough.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    When they put more dex than str, remove ap and only put +crit on warrior gear I will stop needing leather armor.
    Like I already said, this is exactly what they're doing. Look at the new quest line shoulders.
    Concerns duly noted. Crit added to plate. Stop whining. The issue is all but over.
    A T3 warrior should have no need for leather OR daggers any more, and a T2 shouldn't try to play above their level by pissing everyone off in the process. No need.
    Warriors needing leather is a vestige for poorly tuned T1-2 gear, which is being progressively resolved with no need for stat overhauls.

They're simply adding more crit to plate. Easy.
    Last edited by PFalcon; 08-10-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Like I already said, this is exactly what they're doing. Look at the new quest line shoulders.
    Concerns duly noted. Crit added to plate. Stop whining. The issue is all but over.
    A T3 warrior should have no need for leather OR daggers any more, and a T2 shouldn't try to play above their level by pissing everyone off in the process. No need.
    Warriors needing leather is a vestige for poorly tuned T1-2 gear, which is being progressively resolved with no need for stat overhauls.

They're simply adding more crit to plate. Easy.
    You apparently haven't done much raiding because i can assure you that no warrior plate DPS item that drops in GSB, ROS, or GP is better than the rogue equivalent item. Same with weapons.

DH so far has one, yes, one plate dps item that actually has more DEX than STR. So far thats the ONLY example of proper stats for plate DPS on a plate DPS item i have found, and that includes what has been put on xanadu community's website for known drops in hammerknell.

So no, problem is not solved. Not even remotely.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hrimnir View Post
    You apparently haven't done much raiding because i can assure you that no warrior plate DPS item that drops in GSB, ROS, or GP is better than the rogue equivalent item. Same with weapons.

DH so far has one, yes, one plate dps item that actually has more DEX than STR. So far thats the ONLY example of proper stats for plate DPS on a plate DPS item i have found, and that includes what has been put on xanadu community's website for known drops in hammerknell.

So no, problem is not solved. Not even remotely.
    ever heard of crit caps?
    spotter's orders changes?
    normalization of procs and weaponstones?
    synergy crystals?

id say they're on the right track bud, dont know what you're talking about.

Umm, just make it so -

warrios - plate only
    clerics - chain only
    rogues - leather only
    mage -cloth only

problem solved?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
    Umm, just make it so -

warrios - plate only
    clerics - chain only
    rogues - leather only
    mage -cloth only

problem solved?
    ... and now you've instantly nerfed warrior DPS by 10-20% and cleric DPS by some unspecified amount because they are currently balanced around the dex and int based armor they are currently using, respectively, and because the itemization for DPS plate and chain is so poor.

I agree that they're already moving in the right direction with some recent itemization - though the recent set of crafting item additions was a huge step back, too.

+ Reply to Thread