+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite class?

Default What's your favorite class?

I like rogue the best. Sab and RS are my favorite ousl to use in PvP. What's your favorite class and why?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Telaran

I have a mage at 50 and a rogue at 49.8. I like the rogue a lot more. Good mobility, good damage and decent survivability. I like the range specs best, MM in PvP and Ranger in PvE. I'll be leveling a warrior next to try them out.

For now, my answer is Rogue

~Goat~

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Goat View Post
    I have a mage at 50 and a rogue at 49.8. I like the rogue a lot more. Good mobility, good damage and decent survivability. I like the range specs best, MM in PvP and Ranger in PvE. I'll be leveling a warrior next to try them out.

For now, my answer is Rogue

~Goat~
    and there is a reason for this, mages suck ballz compared to all other callings

All of them are my favorite.

What? I'm an undecisive a-hole.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Mage.

/10char

Rogue - kind of by default, as it's my only main character, but I've tried the other callings and none of them really appeal to me.

Tank, support, melee or ranged DPS, and not too shabby in PVP - can't complain about that.

Rift Disciple

It's hard to choose. I mean I had a lot of fun playing my Warrior, especially in PvP. However being new to tanking, I got a lot of grief when doing T1s & T2s, after losing aggro and causing a couple wipes. Sure I eventually learnt how to tank effectively, but getting to that stage really pissed me off.

I'll have to go with Cleric. Being a Cleric was really a lot of fun because the class is so versatile and learning to heal for the first time was a lot more fun than learning to tank.

As for Rogue and Mages, well being a Rogue was more fun cause and it's a lot more fast paced than a Mage, but both classes are DPS & Support focused, which is kind of boring.

So yeah... Cleric all the way.
    Last edited by Master10K; 08-07-2011 at 06:44 AM.

after leveling warrior then cleric then rogue to 50 I will say Cleric was easiest rogue is most fun and warrior is just meh all around compared to the other two

Well, despite my rogue being the character I play the most, I think I actually prefer my Cleric. Absolutely hate leveling a warrior... feels so slow compared to other callings...
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 08-07-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rift Disciple

Well I have to admit I think I like the Cleric class the best, so very versatile. Nobody has mentioned Bard but I like playing mine might not be the best dps but it does okay and brings a lot to a group, and while I die a lot I seem to end up playing my Ranger a lot too, so there must be some appeal there, just not sure what it is <g>
    Last edited by Tierr; 08-07-2011 at 07:59 AM.

After lvling 2 clerics(before server transfers...bah), a rogue, warrior, and mage I can say:

Cleric was the easiest to lvl
    Warrior was the worst to lvl

Rogue was the most fun to lvl
    Mage and Warrior were not very fun... sometimes while lvling

In pvp cleric WOULD be the most fun IF I wasn't constantly focus fired by the enemy team
    Warrior is fun in PvP because I explode ppl
    I probably play mage least in pvp, so I guess it is less fun than the others... although it can still be fun at times.

So overall, I cant really say that 1 class is more fun than the others.. some are fun at some things, some are fun at others. None are really un-fun at anything all the time.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 08-07-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Sid
    Plane Touched

For the past 12 years of playing MMO's i've always played a Bard in the EQ series (vanguard included) and a stealth assassin type rogue in all others that didn't have a bard.

I've only leveled a rogue to 50 and i've absolutely fell in love with my melee rogue build. Hands down the highest consistent single target dps i've seen yet with nice spike dps in the beginning, which ends small fights very quick.

I do play bard when requested or needed but certainly prefer my stealthy rogue any day.
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I like rogue the best. Sab and RS are my favorite ousl to use in PvP. What's your favorite class and why?
    Rogue.

/ten

A little kindness goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    after leveling warrior then cleric then rogue to 50 I will say Cleric was easiest rogue is most fun and warrior is just meh all around compared to the other two
    Yep same here.... got Cleric warrior and rogue....

and warrior is the most boring class out of the 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

My favorite by far is my Justicar Cleric Tank. Which of course I've had to shelve since I'm done with T2 and nobody wants a Cleric tank for raids.

So now I'm flip-flopping between different characters/roles to see what I like but so far nothing has really peaked my interest half as much as my Justicar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast