+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Buying your souls...Trion made us ******!

Soulwalker

Default Buying your souls...Trion made us ******!

Was there really so much anger towards having to close a rift to get a new soul? I feel like the soul quests were a small part of what makes this game unique and fun, and now we just have the purchase option? LAME.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wraivyn View Post
    Was there really so much anger towards having to close a rift to get a new soul? I feel like the soul quests were a small part of what makes this game unique and fun, and now we just have the purchase option? LAME.
    it was time consuming and pointless

Soulwalker

Wow, I tried to start an actual conversation/debate and instead got some bored children to respond.

Let's see if I can dumb down the point I was making so you guys can understand: Why is Trion acting like Activision/Blizzard and making some fun aspects of the game too easy and removing the entertainment value from something so simple to do?

Do you not close rifts anyway? Isn't the whole point of the game the RIFTS?

Rift Chaser

Wow, I tried to start an actual conversation/debate and instead got some bored children to respond.

Let's see if I can dumb down the point I was making so you guys can understand: Why is Trion acting like Activision/Blizzard and making some fun aspects of the game too easy and removing the entertainment value from something so simple to do?

Do you not close rifts anyway? Isn't the whole point of the game the RIFTS?
    Exactly. Its a totally uneeded change and for the user the way its setup its actually more confusing this way. I logged in a character who already has all the souls. But if I go and talk to the trainer it only reds out the current 3 I am using instead of all of them. If they going to force us to buy them then they need to ensure the people do not mistakenly pay for something they already have. Overall this is a pointless change to appeal to the WoW-crybabies yet again. Like it was so hard to close rifts to get these souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Healinator View Post
    If they going to force us to buy them then they need to ensure the people do not mistakenly pay for something they already have.
    Noticed that as well. Tried to buy a soul I already had but didn't have equipped in my current build, got the message "You cannot buy any more of this"

So, that's not a problem.

On one hand, I liked the quests, they were interesting from a lore perspective to learn more about the game's story, for a new player. But after doing them all for each calling, and rolling a second rogue, eh. And sometimes it can be a pain finding a level-appropriate rift at level 13-14. Luck-based. The quests were neat, but I can see why they took them out. Kind of a hassle for new players (how many times have we all seen "where do I get more souls"/"I can't find the quest npc for x soul" etc?) and for folks rolling multiple alts it's an inconvenience.

So, meh. Not upset that they took them out. But, not thrilled either. I can understand both sides. -Shrug-
    Currently on Estrael.
    Gralzeim - Guardian Mage
    Vinden - Guardian Rogue
    Amywienia - Guardian Cleric
    Lissallyne - Guardian Rogue

Soulwalker

These were stupid early quest that took up time and extended your game play. Now you can have fun trying out new specs earlier and spend more time IRL or in a dungeon at 50 sometime down the road. All Trion did was make it easier to explore your class, which is good.
    Last edited by Linian; 08-06-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    it was time consuming and pointless
    Yeah it was annoying if anything.

Saizen - Warrior - Trinity - Keenblade

|GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P7|

Quote Originally Posted by Jimothy Tartuga View Post
    These were stupid early quest that took up time and extended your game play. Now you can have fun trying out new specs earlier and spend more time IRL or in a dungeon at 50 sometime down the road. All Trion did was make it easier to explore your class, which is good.
    Sorry, but the Quests were fun and also motivated to get to know some rifts. And dont even start with talking about time, because rift does many things, but consuming time isnīt one of it.
    Last edited by Linian; 08-06-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Soulwalker

Then why not make it *optional*? If you want to play a game not for the experience of playing it, but for the end content alone, go play WoW.

The quests were awesome and I will miss them.
    They encouraged players to participate in rifts. In my opinion, a major selling point of this game.
    They told some of the story.
    They gave good XP. I did every soul on every character even when I knew I'd never use them.

At the very least, I think they should have left the quests in.
    Then, to provide a simple means for repeat players to acquire souls, put them for sale on the Role trainers with a level 20 requirement. Anyone rerolling would choose the three souls they already knew they wanted to play and at level 20 they could just go buy up the rest if they wanted to skip the quests.
    Simple.
    From darkness comes death. From death comes darkness.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdallw32 View Post
    Kind of a hassle for new players (how many times have we all seen "where do I get more souls"/"I can't find the quest npc for x soul" etc?)
    Never/only for Guardian Magi (since the Soul quests were all over in Quicksilver College instead of Sanctum with the rest of them).

If finding the Soul quests was any problem for anyone, then they could have just had the Calling trainers give a quest at level 13 that completes at any of the remaining 5 quest givers. (in fact, that really should have been done from the beginning to explain why you're going to these people for new Souls)

Buying Souls rather sucks, removes incentive for doing early rifts, and murders a nice bit of lore. :/
    Last edited by Mr JD Gumby; 08-06-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

I thought it was kinda cool and even that they could have expanded it or at least make the fight more difficult. People who want to try a new spec on an alt or whatever just get frustrated that it reduces their levelling efficiency.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    People who want to try a new spec on an alt or whatever just get frustrated that it reduces their levelling efficiency.
    *Those* people should *NEVER* be listened to by game designers.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

The quests were confusing and tedious for new players.

Whether or not you believe that, the facts are that Trion has large amounts of data on exit questionnaires. They also decided they needed to make this change. Do you guys think they just pull these changes randomly from a hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JD Gumby View Post
    removes incentive for doing early rifts :/
    What about planarite and all the other goodies you can get from rifts? What about the stuff you can buy from the planar goods/rare planar goods vendors? Not to mention xp...and of course, it's fun and breaks up the monotony of questing.
    Currently on Estrael.
    Gralzeim - Guardian Mage
    Vinden - Guardian Rogue
    Amywienia - Guardian Cleric
    Lissallyne - Guardian Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast