+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oh mages where art thou

Rift Master

Default Oh mages where art thou

We can barely field 2 mages now. Think all the mages rerolled. Even tho your damage wasnt the highest your buffs/debuffs that went along with it are invaluable. Im sorry people abused you and made fun of your dps. Please forgive the ignorant, for they no not what they have done. You are wise beyond your years, please please please come back.

NO...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Trion sucks! I have been complaining about <class> for <number of weeks since last patch> weeks and they just ignore how OP <ability> is. People just say <cc> the <class> and L2P but it's not that easy!!!! I swear, does anyone who works for Trion actually play this game? The devs need to wake up or this game will be dead in <number of months Rift has been live +1> months. I'm cancelling my subscription until they meet my demands. <insert game 1> and <insert game 2> are coming out soon and they're going to kick this dead game in the *** if Trion doesn't make changes! I am so going to leave for those games!

What shard are you on? I've got a T2 geared Mage that's just itching for some raiding.

Sometimes we have more mages show up for our raids than rogues. That's just wrong =|

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Sometimes we have more mages show up for our raids than rogues. That's just wrong =|
    We usually have 4-5 in the raid with another 2-3 waiting on the bench for a spot: 1 Archon, 1-2 Chloro, and 1-2 DPS. We are not real hardcore min/maxers though. As long as they can pull more than 1k we seem to do fine for now but that will change in HK from what i can see.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    What shard are you on? I've got a T2 geared Mage that's just itching for some raiding.
    Sunrest defiant

Shadowlander

Who need mages anyway? Probably only archon for 20 men. Only reason to take more than one mage - just to avoid wasted loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Canti View Post
    Who need mages anyway? Probably only archon for 20 men. Only reason to take more than one mage - just to avoid wasted loot.
    You can pretty much swap mages with any calling.

1 archon 2 chloros and maybe a necro for the purge if it's a purge heavy fight and your rogues don't wanna marks
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-05-2011 at 06:58 AM.

1 archon 2 chloros and maybe a necro for the purge if it's a purge heavy fight and your rogues don't wanna marks
    And with the SO change and the new Spell Stone Mages got around a 250ish dos increase. That puts them right with every other DPS spec in the high end parses.

Rift Master

wtb can of trollBgone
    Last edited by synrgy; 08-05-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Soulwalker

If your archon is 51 points (as it should be), he/she can purge better than necro. No need to waste a spot on a necro

Prophet of Telara

hehe, i had the same observation - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...g-extinct.html

trion really needs to do something with mages...

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    hehe, i had the same observation - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...g-extinct.html

trion really needs to do something with mages...
    They already did with 1.4. If Mages aren't capable of seeing the changes then that's their fault. Since everything seems to be about PvE with Mages being hard to find they really need to read the whole patch notes instead of just the Mage section. They buffed us indirectly and it was a very nice buff indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    They already did with 1.4. If Mages aren't capable of seeing the changes then that's their fault. Since everything seems to be about PvE with Mages being hard to find they really need to read the whole patch notes instead of just the Mage section. They buffed us indirectly and it was a very nice buff indeed.
    So the buff is the spellstone consumable that is not even enabled yet due to the exploit and the +100dps from spotter's order affecting mages now, hooray the class is fixed, nothing to see here folks, just more damage control b.s.

At the same time, wars/rogues/clerics can continue to 1-button themselves to victory, while mages get carpal tunnel, but HAI I AM SHURE THE SPELSTONE WILLL FIX MAGESS HUR DUR!
    Last edited by Dosas; 08-05-2011 at 10:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast