+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oh mages where art thou

  1. #61
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    I'm guessing you guys haven't taken a crack at Matron, then. Cannot be done without massive amounts of mage aoe. No other class comes close to mage damage out put for this.

    Also, Zoomancer can bite me.
    er..wouldnt you jut have all of your dps rogues go sabodancer if they werent already? far as my understanding is, nothing beats sabodancer for aoe in the game.

  2. #62
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    With the changes to SO and weapon procs, high end Mages were parsing right with the rest of the Callings. At lower gear levels it may be true that they beat us hands down, but considering the BiS geared players were the ones complaining, the changes put them neck and neck.
    I was not disputing that after 1.4 mages are close to fine. I was disputing that in 1.3 the major factor that caused warriors to be stomping mage dps was consumables and SO, because it had very little to do with consumables and SO.

  3. #63
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    er..wouldnt you jut have all of your dps rogues go sabodancer if they werent already? far as my understanding is, nothing beats sabodancer for aoe in the game.
    You obviously do not know the Matron Zamira fight then. At times, it is highly risky for melee to go near the boss even to just use DS. Of course, it is doable(if you're feeling lucky) but why do it the hard way when mages are there to do it easily?

  4. #64
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htoncic View Post
    Or not. 1.4 did nothing for mage DPS. It brought to the table an expensive consumable, while nerfing our best single target build. Gee, thanks.

    As for HK, my guild is raiding there and other than the tanking mage for the Molinar encounter I see no good reason to bring more mages than usual.

    Finally, if mages are in high demand, might that not mean there aren't enough mages around? Because a lot of them were sick of being treated like dirt by Trion and stopped playing?
    Nothing? This is just flat out lies. I tested on the dummy 2 hours before the patch. Six 5 min parses, then after the server can up and stablized after the patch and every one of my specs is doing more dps, one as high as 18% more dps, without consumables. In my last 2 raids, I was in the top 4 DPS in most boss fights and was even 1st in 1.

    I don't use and will never use the stupid Zoomancer spec.

    This attitude of mages being treated like dirt by Trion makes me laugh so hard. How exactly have we been treated like dirt? Yes Trion over nerfed mages hard in 1.3 but they tried to relieve some of that nerf in 1.4. I fail to see how that is Trion treating mages like dirt. It happens in virtually all MMOs, all classes go through a nerf buff cycle in vain attempts to balance the classes in their game. It is not meant to treat a class badly it is meant to try to balanace their game. Now you are free not to like it but to say you have been treated like dirt is just not true. If you don't like it as much as you seem to then vote with your wallet, move on, and stop posting.

  5. #65
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    er..wouldnt you jut have all of your dps rogues go sabodancer if they werent already? far as my understanding is, nothing beats sabodancer for aoe in the game.
    They flat out are not as good as mages in this fight for aoe.

  6. #66
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    Nothing? This is just flat out lies. I tested on the dummy 2 hours before the patch. Six 5 min parses, then after the server can up and stablized after the patch and every one of my specs is doing more dps, one as high as 18% more dps, without consumables.
    Your parses were wrong, you had amazing RNG, or you are lying.

    Nothing changed about mages directly, aside from charge consumption, and that is absolutely not giving you 18% damage. The main changes were the addition of the spellstone and the fixing of Spotter's.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  7. #67
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    We can barely field 2 mages now. Think all the mages rerolled. Even tho your damage wasnt the highest your buffs/debuffs that went along with it are invaluable. Im sorry people abused you and made fun of your dps. Please forgive the ignorant, for they no not what they have done. You are wise beyond your years, please please please come back.

    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56...E786A0380E6BC/

  8. #68
    Shield of Telara Kanabull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, Wa
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    We can barely field 2 mages now. Think all the mages rerolled. Even tho your damage wasnt the highest your buffs/debuffs that went along with it are invaluable. Im sorry people abused you and made fun of your dps. Please forgive the ignorant, for they no not what they have done. You are wise beyond your years, please please please come back.
    Played a mage in beta all the way up till i hit P3 on live. I got tired of getting face rolled by every other class. (pre-champ nerf). So i rerolled a Rogue, i guess i missed the memo that said clerics and warrior were the way to go :/
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

  9. #69
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Your parses were wrong, you had amazing RNG, or you are lying.

    Nothing changed about mages directly, aside from charge consumption, and that is absolutely not giving you 18% damage. The main changes were the addition of the spellstone and the fixing of Spotter's.
    While I will admit the 18% was prolly really amazing RNG on Pyro it can happen. I did not say that all of the specs were 18% just one. The others are up about 3 to 7%. Now I will admit that it is a nominal increase, but it is an increase none the less. Had the original statement been that the changes only slightly raised mages dps or barely raised dps, I wouldn't have commented. But it wasn't, it was the patch did nothing for mage dps and that is not true.

  10. #70
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    I was not disputing that after 1.4 mages are close to fine. I was disputing that in 1.3 the major factor that caused warriors to be stomping mage dps was consumables and SO, because it had very little to do with consumables and SO.
    Like I said, before you got to BiS maybe but once the entire raid was decked out in BiS (at the time) the only thing that gave the large difference was SO and the consumables. They had us beat by 200-250 DPS and that was what their weapon stones and SO gave them over us. But that's in the past anyway as with the changes we pretty much got rid of that difference.

  11. #71
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infrawhite View Post
    You obviously do not know the Matron Zamira fight then. At times, it is highly risky for melee to go near the boss even to just use DS. Of course, it is doable(if you're feeling lucky) but why do it the hard way when mages are there to do it easily?
    of course it's obvious, hence my statement 'it was my understanding' not 'from my experience'

    sabdancer can also operate at ranged but as someone who also played a mage - yeah, compared to the other 3 class options in this game it need some work on it's core gameplay mechanics and i fully understand why mages are rerolling or leaving.

    so my question is - are you saying the fight is easier with mages, or cant be done without? and regardless of either answer, isnt this the only fight in all of the raids in the game that either answer would be true? and THEN if that's also the case, since only about 1% or less of the games entire population has or ever will see hammerknell, does that make this into a crisis at all?

  12. #72
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    605

    Default

    The Zoomancer was a gimmick spec on par with that of the pre-buff Burnng Purpose Power-Drain toggle ******ation spec. Neither were 'Real' specs, even if the Zoomancer was far closer to being called a spec than the Power Drain toggle spam.

    And that is why the actual Mages are glad it went up in flames. It was created from flawed/overlooked mechanics and got killed by those same mechanics.

    On topic: Look Harder. Mages are abundant. The good Mages that know what they're doing are few and far between, however. There are definitely many with the potential to be good, but are not being steered in the correct direction. Quick, blatant proof of this is the Mage Forum. Take a glance at it and compare it to any other Calling Forum. It's useless for anyone looking for any actual information on how to be a better Mage.

    It's not the Mage Calling that is in a poor position. It's the Mage Community.

    Edited in:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    of course it's obvious, hence my statement 'it was my understanding' not 'from my experience'

    sabdancer can also operate at ranged but as someone who also played a mage - yeah, compared to the other 3 class options in this game it need some work on it's core gameplay mechanics and i fully understand why mages are rerolling or leaving.

    so my question is - are you saying the fight is easier with mages, or cant be done without? and regardless of either answer, isnt this the only fight in all of the raids in the game that either answer would be true? and THEN if that's also the case, since only about 1% or less of the games entire population has or ever will see hammerknell, does that make this into a crisis at all?
    Aren't Exiled/Maximation looking for Mages? And didn't Vantage stack the living **** out of Pyro/Ele Mages for Zilas or something? Let me know when the top progression guilds stop using Mages entirely. Then we can start to panic.
    Last edited by Arianna; 08-08-2011 at 02:05 PM.

  13. #73
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post

    It's not the Mage Calling that is in a poor position. It's the Mage Community.

    .
    agreed

    /10char

  14. #74
    Plane Walker Halman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    472

    Default

    far as my understanding is, nothing beats sabodancer for aoe in the game.
    wrong, both cabalist and stormcaller beat sabo-anything by a ton on aoe. You dont see mages and clerics constantly outparse sabo at mobs like alsbeth since they still have a lot of single target phases, where sabo owns those classes. For pure, nonstop aoe damage, both the mage and cleric mock sabo dps.

    Sabo is especially unefficient on lots of weak adds, with nothing to stack charges at, since those die all too fast to mages and clerics.
    Last edited by Halman; 08-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.

  15. #75
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
    The Zoomancer was a gimmick spec on par with that of the pre-buff Burnng Purpose Power-Drain toggle ******ation spec. Neither were 'Real' specs, even if the Zoomancer was far closer to being called a spec than the Power Drain toggle spam.

    And that is why the actual Mages are glad it went up in flames. It was created from flawed/overlooked mechanics and got killed by those same mechanics.

    On topic: Look Harder. Mages are abundant. The good Mages that know what they're doing are few and far between, however. There are definitely many with the potential to be good, but are not being steered in the correct direction. Quick, blatant proof of this is the Mage Forum. Take a glance at it and compare it to any other Calling Forum. It's useless for anyone looking for any actual information on how to be a better Mage.

    It's not the Mage Calling that is in a poor position. It's the Mage Community.

    Edited in:


    Aren't Exiled/Maximation looking for Mages? And didn't Vantage stack the living **** out of Pyro/Ele Mages for Zilas or something? Let me know when the top progression guilds stop using Mages entirely. Then we can start to panic.
    Thank you! I agree with pretty much everything you just said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts