+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oh mages where art thou

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Sometimes we have more mages show up for our raids than rogues. That's just wrong =|
    Lies. You have to make a lie at least REMOTELY plausible to get people to fall for it. Your statement... was not.

And I do love the new powerstone. Much easier to farm than the butchering mats the old ones used.
    Last edited by Carolius; 08-05-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Soulwalker

Guess: Re-rolled, jumping up and down in Sanctum/Meridian, playing their alt (now main), or unsubbed.

Probably got tired of the "indirect buffs" via charge consuming abilities while watching most of their other stuff go to crap.

On that note, chloro still does ok in wf's with tons of people.

But looks like they broke Wild Abandon.

Rift Chaser

We have 6-7 Mage for progression. And we've cleared 3 bosses and prime.

BUT MAGE IS BAD FOR RAIDING

Ascendant

mages seem to have the best synergy crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    Sunrest defiant
    we've all gone away.....
    O weep ye will, my dear by Atholl
    Weep ye for your finest jewel
    Weep ye for your John 'wa battl'd
    By the Garry's bloody pool....
    --George Weir, Battle of Killiecrankie, 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    So the buff is the spellstone consumable that is not even enabled yet due to the exploit and the +100dps from spotter's order affecting mages now, hooray the class is fixed, nothing to see here folks, just more damage control b.s.

At the same time, wars/rogues/clerics can continue to 1-button themselves to victory, while mages get carpal tunnel, but HAI I AM SHURE THE SPELSTONE WILLL FIX MAGESS HUR DUR!
    You sure do want to hitch and moan about a lot of things. The only reason warriors and rogues were so far ahead of us is because they greatly benefited from spotter's order and their weapon stone. Without either they were at the same spot as mages. They changed that and gave us a useful stone, bugged or not, and also allowed us to benefit from so. They didn't have to buff our damage directly because it wasn't our damage that needed buffed. If you don't like that then I don't care. SO change is right around 150 dps and the new spellstone is another 100. If they buffed our damage they would have to nerf us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    You sure do want to hitch and moan about a lot of things. The only reason warriors and rogues were so far ahead of us is because they greatly benefited from spotter's order and their weapon stone. Without either they were at the same spot as mages. They changed that and gave us a useful stone, bugged or not, and also allowed us to benefit from so. They didn't have to buff our damage directly because it wasn't our damage that needed buffed. If you don't like that then I don't care. SO change is right around 150 dps and the new spellstone is another 100. If they buffed our damage they would have to nerf us again.
    You cannot balance classes around expensive consumables. Consumables should be for short term enhancement purposes only.

When is everyone gonna get that.
    O weep ye will, my dear by Atholl
    Weep ye for your finest jewel
    Weep ye for your John 'wa battl'd
    By the Garry's bloody pool....
    --George Weir, Battle of Killiecrankie, 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
    You cannot balance classes around expensive consumables. Consumables should be for short term enhancement purposes only.

+1 to this.

Straight out damage? I get constantly crit by instant casts from a marksman (who is 35 meters away vs my 30) for 1500 to 3K. Constantly.

NONE Of my spells ever reliably hit for 1500-3k on instant casts. AT ALL. I'm giddy if I can get a 2.5 second cast to hit for 2500. That's with just over 900sp.

That's frickin ridiculous. Don't tell me that we're on par without items and spotter's order, because we aren't.
    Realm? Asphodel.
    Name? Krillian. Mage.
    Bring it.

Only weak minded persons reroll because their class isnīt that what they think itīs supposed to be or simply because the flavour of the month changed. Let the mage take a 100 times to lvl and only do half the damage and heal... i still would play mage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pinn View Post

But you're comparing your damage to those other classes with their consumables as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    But you're comparing your damage to those other classes with their consumables as well.
    It's been said many times. A naked mage with white weapons from a vendor will do FAR less damage than any other calling in the same situation.
    Realm? Asphodel.
    Name? Krillian. Mage.
    Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezeray View Post
    It's been said many times. A naked mage with white weapons from a vendor will do FAR less damage than any other calling in the same situation.
    That's because Casters get huge boosts from SP whereas Melee gets huge boosts from Weapon DPS.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    That's because Casters get huge boosts from SP whereas Melee gets huge boosts from Weapon DPS.

So mage gear should have a huge boost to SP.... thats permanent not an expensive temporary.

Honestly I would rather have them raised our spellpower increase by int raised from .5 to .75 and spell crit raised from 1 to 1.25.

Because Wisdom gives .5 spellpower so stacking wisdom when spell crit capped is BETTER than stacking more Int. Raising the int ratio to SP and SC would do the same balance if not better for all mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Malagus View Post
    So mage gear should have a huge boost to SP.... thats permanent not an expensive temporary.

Honestly I would rather have them raised our spellpower increase by int raised from .5 to .75 and spell crit raised from 1 to 1.25.

Because Wisdom gives .5 spellpower so stacking wisdom when spell crit capped is BETTER than stacking more Int. Raising the int ratio to SP and SC would do the same balance if not better for all mages.
    i wouldn't mind this, if they did this +remove charge +dmg toggles and changed to passive this would fix mages imo

There are good reasons to keep stacking int even after capping crit. For starters, the mana is nice. And mages have a number of talents that give secondary bonuses based on their int. (Chloro can get up to 21% of their int converted to endurance, for example.) Leeching flames does damage based on your int, etc.

There's really no situation where you'd want to switch out int for wisdom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast