+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: solution to all the "op" claims

Default solution to all the "op" claims

1-instead of wasteing time *****ing about a class / soul set being overpowered, just make that class/character yourself and be the one making people ***** about it

2- if u dont want to make a new toon, then you have nothing to ***** about because that was your chance to even things out and enjoy yourself, so deal with it.

ie- i did this in wow ~3 months before cata with rogues in pvp 1 shotting people, it pissed me off, so i just made a sub rogue and enjoyed every minute of it all the way to 80
    Last edited by turbododge; 08-03-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Are you going to roll me one of each class, level it to 50, grind it to Rank 8, buy it all the gear and then go raid hammerknell for some +hit weapons? No? Didn't think so.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    1-instead of wasteing time *****ing about a class / soul set being overpowered, just make that class/character yourself and be the one making people ***** about it

2- if u dont want to make a new toon, then you have nothing to ***** about because that was your chance to even things out and enjoy yourself, so deal with it.

ie- i did this in wow ~3 months before cata with rogues in pvp 1 shotting people, it pissed me off, so i just made a sub rogue and enjoyed every minute of it all the way to 80
    Think. People don't play an MMO because it is the most logical solution to their life and if they do so they will maximize fullfillment while minimizing worldly suffering.

They play them for creativity, social aspects, winning (i tend to believe in that order too) so if people are QQ about class imbalance and unsubscribing it means that Rift really ****ed up. Either their PvP is too uncreative to really hold attention, they have no strong social ties to keep them their or of cource gamebreaking class balance

Obviosly everything isn't balanced, the very structure of the game stops that, but that isn't the main problem if the developers of Rift actually put some time into lvl 50 pvp and made it anything but this near PvE nock-off it would be far more entertaining and far less people would run to the forums to QQ-ing. Even if they just worked out a way to make pugging possible, put premades too without crushing pugs left and right (that would make coordinated play actually really fun) people wouldn't be complaining as much. The game just has far too many issues PvP wise and people tend to just run to 'class imbalance' because it is an easy culprit, one that they can propose a solution too and don't have to blame themselves in the process.

Sadly your thinking in an entirely logical approach to people, wich inately don't work entirely, or even mostly allot of the time, out of logic :/

Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Are you going to roll me one of each class, level it to 50, grind it to Rank 8, buy it all the gear and then go raid hammerknell for some +hit weapons? No? Didn't think so.
    that has nothing to do with my thread

Rift Disciple

that has nothing to do with my thread
    You suggest making a new character as the solution. He explains the problem. You claim it has nothing to do with the thread...

I smell a troll.

Champion

meh that aside its a silly thread and going to probly die in a day or less.
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

Strange, i always thought the solution was for people to man up and stop crying like spoiled twelve year old girls.

Champion

either or, but whats the point in paying to play an MMO you have to force yourself to like?? you might as just head off to work at that point...
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoAnIs View Post
    You suggest making a new character as the solution. He explains the problem. You claim it has nothing to do with the thread...

I smell a troll.
    i mentioned nothing of this pvp and raiding ****

i just flatly stated that if you are gonna ***** about a class, just make a new toon, and if not, you have nothing to ***** about

in simple terms, theres a way to solve the "op" issue, people just dont want to go that route cuz its not convienient for them and they want people to hold their **** to make them happy. and the only way they are gonna be happy is if they nerf everything but their own class

calling somthing op, imo, is just a sad scapegoat to the fact that they just cant play their class and/or are not intelligent enough to effectively utilize the tools provided by their own class
    Last edited by turbododge; 08-03-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SoAnIs View Post

I smell a troll.
    This.

Check nerfs vs. buffs. A class that had insane burst now does more damage. Rogues were like pyros before the nerfs, now, they're just even more insane. I smell crap.

That said, I won't call any one class OP, but if two players with equal "skill" go at it, I'd put my money on the rogue.

Champion

i mentioned nothing of this pvp and raiding ****

i just flatly stated that if you are gonna ***** about a class, just make a new toon, and if not, you have nothing to ***** about

in simple terms, theres a way to solve the "op" issue, people just dont want to go that route cuz its not convienient for them and they want people to hold their **** to make them happy. and the only way they are gonna be happy is if they nerf everything but their own class

calling somthing op, imo, is just a sad scapegoat to the fact that they just cant play their class and/or are not intelligent enough to effectively utilize the tools provided by their own class
    just because you angrilly restated your point doesn't mean its any more valid.
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ktlkasjdfna View Post
    This.

Check nerfs vs. buffs. A class that had insane burst now does more damage. Rogues were like pyros before the nerfs, now, they're just even more insane. I smell crap.

That said, I won't call any one class OP, but if two players with equal "skill" go at it, I'd put my money on the rogue.
    rogues are a 1v1 class wich is a good idea, but with Warfronts being the only real PvP and then being all about (5+)V(5+) the class tends to get lost in the shuffle and fighters, healers and aoe mages/clerics come out on top making those rogues pretty sub-par... unless, well, you're addicted to deuling in Meridian like I am ;D
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Pretty much this.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Rift Disciple

I smell an angry FotM paragon

Rift Chaser

What you're referring to is a common practice known as Flavor of the Month. Restarting with each major update to whatever is the most overpowered class (I use the term overpowered very lightly). I think it's an obnoxious, pointless, waste of time. That's just me though. I would rather have one character with good gear that I'm exceptionally good at playing, rather than 4 undergeared characters that I barely know how to play outside of their respective glory days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast