+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: solution to all the "op" claims

  1. #1
    Rift Master turbododge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    653

    Default solution to all the "op" claims

    1-instead of wasteing time *****ing about a class / soul set being overpowered, just make that class/character yourself and be the one making people ***** about it

    2- if u dont want to make a new toon, then you have nothing to ***** about because that was your chance to even things out and enjoy yourself, so deal with it.


    ie- i did this in wow ~3 months before cata with rogues in pvp 1 shotting people, it pissed me off, so i just made a sub rogue and enjoyed every minute of it all the way to 80
    Last edited by turbododge; 08-03-2011 at 09:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Master KaiHeilos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Are you going to roll me one of each class, level it to 50, grind it to Rank 8, buy it all the gear and then go raid hammerknell for some +hit weapons? No? Didn't think so.

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    1-instead of wasteing time *****ing about a class / soul set being overpowered, just make that class/character yourself and be the one making people ***** about it

    2- if u dont want to make a new toon, then you have nothing to ***** about because that was your chance to even things out and enjoy yourself, so deal with it.


    ie- i did this in wow ~3 months before cata with rogues in pvp 1 shotting people, it pissed me off, so i just made a sub rogue and enjoyed every minute of it all the way to 80
    Think. People don't play an MMO because it is the most logical solution to their life and if they do so they will maximize fullfillment while minimizing worldly suffering.

    They play them for creativity, social aspects, winning (i tend to believe in that order too) so if people are QQ about class imbalance and unsubscribing it means that Rift really ****ed up. Either their PvP is too uncreative to really hold attention, they have no strong social ties to keep them their or of cource gamebreaking class balance

    Obviosly everything isn't balanced, the very structure of the game stops that, but that isn't the main problem if the developers of Rift actually put some time into lvl 50 pvp and made it anything but this near PvE nock-off it would be far more entertaining and far less people would run to the forums to QQ-ing. Even if they just worked out a way to make pugging possible, put premades too without crushing pugs left and right (that would make coordinated play actually really fun) people wouldn't be complaining as much. The game just has far too many issues PvP wise and people tend to just run to 'class imbalance' because it is an easy culprit, one that they can propose a solution too and don't have to blame themselves in the process.

    Sadly your thinking in an entirely logical approach to people, wich inately don't work entirely, or even mostly allot of the time, out of logic :/

  4. #4
    Rift Master turbododge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Are you going to roll me one of each class, level it to 50, grind it to Rank 8, buy it all the gear and then go raid hammerknell for some +hit weapons? No? Didn't think so.
    that has nothing to do with my thread

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    that has nothing to do with my thread
    You suggest making a new character as the solution. He explains the problem. You claim it has nothing to do with the thread...

    I smell a troll.

  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    meh that aside its a silly thread and going to probly die in a day or less.
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 10:44 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Strange, i always thought the solution was for people to man up and stop crying like spoiled twelve year old girls.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    either or, but whats the point in paying to play an MMO you have to force yourself to like?? you might as just head off to work at that point...
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 10:54 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Master turbododge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoAnIs View Post
    You suggest making a new character as the solution. He explains the problem. You claim it has nothing to do with the thread...

    I smell a troll.
    i mentioned nothing of this pvp and raiding ****

    i just flatly stated that if you are gonna ***** about a class, just make a new toon, and if not, you have nothing to ***** about

    in simple terms, theres a way to solve the "op" issue, people just dont want to go that route cuz its not convienient for them and they want people to hold their **** to make them happy. and the only way they are gonna be happy is if they nerf everything but their own class

    calling somthing op, imo, is just a sad scapegoat to the fact that they just cant play their class and/or are not intelligent enough to effectively utilize the tools provided by their own class
    Last edited by turbododge; 08-03-2011 at 10:58 PM.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoAnIs View Post
    You suggest making a new character as the solution. He explains the problem. You claim it has nothing to do with the thread...

    I smell a troll.
    This.

    Check nerfs vs. buffs. A class that had insane burst now does more damage. Rogues were like pyros before the nerfs, now, they're just even more insane. I smell crap.

    That said, I won't call any one class OP, but if two players with equal "skill" go at it, I'd put my money on the rogue.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    i mentioned nothing of this pvp and raiding ****

    i just flatly stated that if you are gonna ***** about a class, just make a new toon, and if not, you have nothing to ***** about

    in simple terms, theres a way to solve the "op" issue, people just dont want to go that route cuz its not convienient for them and they want people to hold their **** to make them happy. and the only way they are gonna be happy is if they nerf everything but their own class

    calling somthing op, imo, is just a sad scapegoat to the fact that they just cant play their class and/or are not intelligent enough to effectively utilize the tools provided by their own class
    just because you angrilly restated your point doesn't mean its any more valid.
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 11:16 PM.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktlkasjdfna View Post
    This.

    Check nerfs vs. buffs. A class that had insane burst now does more damage. Rogues were like pyros before the nerfs, now, they're just even more insane. I smell crap.

    That said, I won't call any one class OP, but if two players with equal "skill" go at it, I'd put my money on the rogue.
    rogues are a 1v1 class wich is a good idea, but with Warfronts being the only real PvP and then being all about (5+)V(5+) the class tends to get lost in the shuffle and fighters, healers and aoe mages/clerics come out on top making those rogues pretty sub-par... unless, well, you're addicted to deuling in Meridian like I am ;D
    Last edited by garethh; 08-03-2011 at 11:22 PM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    calling somthing op, imo, is just a sad scapegoat to the fact that they just cant play their class and/or are not intelligent enough to effectively utilize the tools provided by their own class
    Pretty much this.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    calling somthing op, imo, is just a sad scapegoat to the fact that they just cant play their class and/or are not intelligent enough to effectively utilize the tools provided by their own class
    I smell an angry FotM paragon

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    What you're referring to is a common practice known as Flavor of the Month. Restarting with each major update to whatever is the most overpowered class (I use the term overpowered very lightly). I think it's an obnoxious, pointless, waste of time. That's just me though. I would rather have one character with good gear that I'm exceptionally good at playing, rather than 4 undergeared characters that I barely know how to play outside of their respective glory days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts