+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: How bad does this patch affect warden healing in pvp?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default How bad does this patch affect warden healing in pvp?

    I play many justicar builds, and the healing was heavily nerfed, I was amazed, not crying but curious since I havent really played warden extensively before patch, I had one spec, which was a justicar for defense+ warden for healing, that really was fun and lived a long time, will try it again after servers come back up, but I feel my experience with it isnt good enough to compare with the old.

    So, not crying, but looking for experiences from high rank warden clerics who got a chance to pvp a bit earlier today.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Across the board, DoL lost about 150ish HP,
    80~100 off of HB
    Orbs seem to have lost ~100 hp
    SS ~80
    I didnt notice HS
    I dont use bliss or reprieve (and i cant believe that they nerfed that but didnt nerf warriors full freaken heal, but w/e)
    Reparation, well, i dont use it anymore, but when i did receive it, it was hitting me for ~90 when their CoO was being used, and i know when i used CoO prior it would heal for 120+
    Salvation seem to have taken a nice hit. Just about the same as reparation.

    Justis took a major heal hit overall, since outside of DoL, their healing was already low. Wardens, not so much



    But of course this is subjective to my build, sp, etc.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Looks like Purifier is pulling ahead now that they reduced healing since shields are still as strong as ever.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    healing spray didn't get too bad a cut, but soothing stream took a massive 25-30% hit.

    im actually thinking about playing purifier now. they've gutted the warden class so hard, it's pointless to even bother anymore.

    clerics are officially bottom tier, lower than mages now :<
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple ellej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    healing spray didn't get too bad a cut, but soothing stream took a massive 25-30% hit.

    im actually thinking about playing purifier now. they've gutted the warden class so hard, it's pointless to even bother anymore.

    clerics are officially bottom tier, lower than mages now :<
    So one soul that was pretty OP in the survival department gets adjusted and suddenly Clerics are the worst class in the game? Not buying it.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    healing spray didn't get too bad a cut, but soothing stream took a massive 25-30% hit.

    im actually thinking about playing purifier now. they've gutted the warden class so hard, it's pointless to even bother anymore.

    clerics are officially bottom tier, lower than mages now :<
    get some valor noob

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Phenomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I'm still healing like a god in 51 senti.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    healing spray didn't get too bad a cut, but soothing stream took a massive 25-30% hit.
    My testing showed almost exactly a 10% hit on soothing stream.

    Ticks changed from 118 to 106
    4 stacked changed from 472 to 424

    This was with 22 Warden/32sent/12 Temp



    Not sure where people are getting 30% from........... unless the penalty is somehow being dynamically adjusted to produce a greater penalty at higher prestige rank , or to give a greater penalty to 51 point wardens.
    Last edited by Shalille; 08-05-2011 at 12:49 AM.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    no.

    my old soothing stream was 727 on 4stack.

    my new is 500.

    this is over 30% cut.



    and i have valor. 1085 to be exact.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    How is it that I have 10% and you have 30% for the exact same spell ? maybe they added some secret extra nerf depending on valor?

    I'm 562 valor and my SS gets 10%.
    Last edited by Shalille; 08-05-2011 at 02:26 AM.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalille View Post
    How is it that I have 10% and you have 30% for the exact same spell ? maybe they added some secret extra nerf depending on valor?

    I'm 562 valor and my SS gets 10%.
    im just reporting the numbers i saw before patch, and the numbers im seeing after patch.

    727 at 4stack before.
    500-504(max i've seen) after.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    im just reporting the numbers i saw before patch, and the numbers im seeing after patch.

    727 at 4stack before.
    500-504(max i've seen) after.
    Is this before or during engaged in PvP ? Im describing what my 4 stack heals for now in pve, and the 10% less it heals for when I'm engaged in pvp.

    It sounds like we are describing different things. So I should ask, what does your 4stack SS heal for now in PvE mode(if none crit). Then hit a player, and see what it changes to. This is what should become approx 10% less according to the patch notes.

    I get the impression your situation might actually be:
    727 pre- patch
    550 now in PvE mode.
    500 now if engaged in pvp.

    If this is the case, then theres an unannounced direct nerf to SS, somehow knocking you down from 727 to 550....then the 10% reduction for being in PVP brings it down to 500.

    What spec were you getting 727 per tick ? 51 warden?

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalille View Post
    Is this before or during engaged in PvP ? Im describing what my 4 stack heals for now in pve, and the 10% less it heals for when I'm engaged in pvp.

    It sounds like we are describing different things. So I should ask, what does your 4stack SS heal for now in PvE mode(if none crit). Then hit a player, and see what it changes to. This is what should become approx 10% less according to the patch notes.

    I get the impression your situation might actually be:
    727 pre- patch
    550 now in PvE mode.
    500 now if engaged in pvp.

    If this is the case, then theres an unannounced direct nerf to SS, somehow knocking you down from 727 to 550....then the 10% reduction for being in PVP brings it down to 500.

    What spec were you getting 727 per tick ? 51 warden?
    yes.

    /10 char
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  14. #14
    Eks
    Eks is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalille View Post
    Is this before or during engaged in PvP ? Im describing what my 4 stack heals for now in pve, and the 10% less it heals for when I'm engaged in pvp.

    It sounds like we are describing different things. So I should ask, what does your 4stack SS heal for now in PvE mode(if none crit). Then hit a player, and see what it changes to. This is what should become approx 10% less according to the patch notes.

    I get the impression your situation might actually be:
    727 pre- patch
    550 now in PvE mode.
    500 now if engaged in pvp.

    If this is the case, then theres an unannounced direct nerf to SS, somehow knocking you down from 727 to 550....then the 10% reduction for being in PVP brings it down to 500.

    What spec were you getting 727 per tick ? 51 warden?
    This could be explained if there was a large stealth nerf (or bug!?!) to Ocean's Blessing. If they diminished the spellpower bonuses for high warden specs, that would explain the numbers shown here in this thread.

    I call it a stealth nerf (or bug) is because this was not called out in the patch notes.

    * Warden: Reduced the effectiveness of Healing Spray, Orbs of the Stream, Orbs of the Tide, and Soothing Stream when the target is in PvP combat.

    So on top of a healing nerf we may have a warden nerf (from 5-10% to 30%) specifically aimed at high spec wardens.

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Eks; 08-05-2011 at 07:47 AM.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple spitfirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Well, I can say that a warden on the other team(with only a bard backup healer) was able to keep himself up through 5+ focus fire until he ran out of mana... Don't think they got nerfed too bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts