+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How bad does this patch affect warden healing in pvp?

Soulwalker

Hehe.I Actually forgot about the nerfs til I just now decided to skim through the forums.I Use a sentinel build on my level 46 cleric.Last night I healed my persenol best in a warfront at alil over 110k over all in Codex.Before my best was arround 80k lol.

Something I did notice on my alternate Role , as a cabalist/inquisitor.Is that Clerics caster DPS builds are insanesly vicious.I love the changes they made in those regards.Single target hots ,great AoE, and tons of CC .

Over all I would say in any caster form ,Clerics are in great shape.I don't use my cleric in any melee roles .Never have , and never will probably. So I can't comment on those.

Soulwalker

I think clerics are just fine. My premades still own.

Rank 7 with 1051 valor.

Sent/warden/templar is still the strongest and the most versatile pvp healing build. Unrivaled in spike prevention while keeping up steady aoe healing. The hit is about 10% across the board, which is manageable.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mistawho View Post
    I think premades are just fine. My premades still own.

Rank 7 with 1051 valor.
    Fixed it for you.

Honestly I think it is fair the healing has gotten knocked down some especially with the new rank 7/8 Valor gear out (and yes I do heal in WF's). It would definatly not be fun trying to kill a rank 7 warrior who has a rank 7 cleric following them around just owning everyone. Also with the way Trion has changed how gear is purchased with favor it should be easier on healers as less damage/crits will be taken by players.

Laerke 50 Cleric Rank 8
    Gabriella 50 Warrior Rank Nubbins
    4/4 DH 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 1/11 HK

Rift Disciple

cleric healing still OP in PvP, nothing changed.

Healing is reactive, so it's only as OP as you are bad.
    If you were good you would learn how to bypass it.

Since healing is reactive - it can either be good or useless.

With warriors running 50% healing debuffs that cannot be removed, and pub groups getting less bad about focus firing, the only case when a cleric can heal through 5+ others is when they are just terrible and don't know how to time their attacks - or even play decently in general.

When good groups fight they don't allow a focus on their Clerics, and lose when they can't stop it.

Considering the massive increase in DPS from R8 gear, synergy crystals and weapon stones, the effective reduction in healing is much more then you "feel" now.
    Just give it another month for most players to catch up and the damage increase become prevalent.
    Last edited by Tenet; 08-10-2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Cleric - UNSUBSCRIBED | BFBC2 | TF2 | MNC || GuildWars GvG | Subspace 4v4 PremLeague |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2