+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it normal to get killed in one stun from a rogue/warrior?

Default Is it normal to get killed in one stun from a rogue/warrior?

If a rogue or warrior stuns me, 90% of the time I will die.

Is this normal?

I have full rank 2 gear -- 500 valor

the remaining 10% of the time, I'm left with about 500 hp left, and manage to squirrel them. Then they use Break Free and kill me.

Feels almost like Trion is saying "**** you for playing Mage, you should play a rogue, warrior or cleric."
    Last edited by kyris_; 08-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Plane Walker

they are probably rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by kyris_ View Post

Is this normal?

the remaining 10% of the time, I'm left with about 500 hp left, and manage to squirrel them. Then they use Break Free and kill me.

Feels almost like Trion is saying "**** you for playing Mage, you should play a rogue, warrior or cleric."
    It is normal if you are a mage. Apparently TRION is quite content with this. Dominator use to be a counter. If 1.4 stays the way it is, it won't be much longer.

Ascendant

Yes this is how it is supposed to be with rank 2 gear. Happens to me all the time. Get break free or die every time you are stunned.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Plane Touched

Most likey the warrior or rouge is rank 6.
    There is a big difference between rank1 -2 and 5 -6.

They are most likely much better geared than you. A rogue should only take 50% while you are stunned. Still stupid but it seems this is "working as intended".

Since you are a mage, this is completely intended. While we are not intended to be able to do the same in return. It's f*cking silly.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Disciple

(
    How about you use Break Free, just like they do?

Rift Chaser

Honestly, we're not going to get a good read on balance until PvP tiers are separated. Unfortunately, that will introduce queue issues....but that's not a part of this argument.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Notwist View Post
    How about you use Break Free, just like they do?
    But then I can't have my 0 point archon for the endurance, intelligence, and wisdom buffs plus an extra DoT.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Is this normal?

Yes it is normal. With 1k valor I still get beat to hell. Luckily I'm a Rogue so I have ways around this...as a mage, what you're experiencing is quite normal.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    But then I can't have my 0 point archon for the endurance, intelligence, and wisdom buffs plus an extra DoT.
    Would you rather be a live, or dead with a very small stat boost?

Rift Disciple

Rogues/Warriors do that to pretty much everyone with less than 5k hit points. Lose some of your dmg and pick up more endurance/hitpoints... and always use your PvP Soul.

As a Rogue, if I see a target with 4500 hps and a similar target with 5500 hps I will go after the 4500 target 100% of the time because I will have a 70% chance of killing him with burst. 5500 is probably 50% chance and 6k+ is probably less than 25%.

To get away from a bear you dont have to be the fastest... just faster than the guy standing next to you.

Warriors on the other hand are a different story completely. Chlorolock or NecroLock seem to work well in PvP atm...

Is this normal?

if its a warrior: why did you let him get close enough to stun you without squireling him? why havent you drained his power already? he's a warrior, he cant stealth, you should have seen him coming and done something about it when he was still at a distance. you know, with you being a ranged class and all.
    speaking as a warrior (one without a stun, not a cut cookie!) dominators are our worst nightmare. its understandable that any warrior would want you dead. fast. do unto others as they would do unto you, only do it first!

if its a rogue: well, the rogue is kinda meant to be the mages worst nightmare. you cant see em coming. what you can do is hang around with a bunch of allies and hope they do something about the rogue before you die. safety in numbers. also, every class has access to breakfrees. if your in pvp without a break free its your own fault when you get stunned and killed before you can do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if its a warrior: why did you let him get close enough to stun you without squireling him? why havent you drained his power already? he's a warrior, he cant stealth, you should have seen him coming and done something about it when he was still at a distance. you know, with you being a ranged class and all.
    speaking as a warrior (one without a stun, not a cut cookie!) dominators are our worst nightmare. its understandable that any warrior would want you dead. fast. do unto others as they would do unto you, only do it first!

if its a rogue: well, the rogue is kinda meant to be the mages worst nightmare. you cant see em coming. what you can do is hang around with a bunch of allies and hope they do something about the rogue before you die. safety in numbers. also, every class has access to breakfrees. if your in pvp without a break free its your own fault when you get stunned and killed before you can do anything about it.
    DR? And I would never have guessed you played a warrior. And doms will not be your worst nightmare witn 1.4. Merely an annoyance.

As to "hope they do something" lol. They won't notice I'm dead until they don't get their heals on their schedule. Then, they'll merely complain that [insert faction] never heals or [insert faction] healers suck.

[edit] More on topic - I try to make sure that my break free is not on cooldown every time a warrior or rogue stun me. Works like a charm. I only run down to a playing field once every two minutes.
    Last edited by astrocanis; 08-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast