+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: every class has to macro their pet?

Plane Walker

Default every class has to macro their pet?

I have never used a macro, and when i heard people talking about Pet macro, i thought they were just super freaks wanting 25 extra dps by telling the pet which order to use an ability for maximization purposes. It wasn't until tonight that I noticed my zealot only used one single ability and that's it. I had to press the others.....keeps you real busy moving the mouse between bars.

is this for all classes?

and can someone post the Zealot pet macro and/or how to use it.

TIA

Yeah, I think pets are generally pretty lazy and don't use their skills on cooldown, even when set to auto-cast. Also if you want to use them in a different priority to what the AI wants to (and I don;t even know what that is) you're gonna need to macro that up.

Just stick:

petcast something
    petcast somethingelse

in the front of all your normal rotation macros and it should be all good.

For the zealot, it will be:

petattack
    petcast Blood Spike
    petcast Soul Rend
    petcast Jagged Wound

and then your rotation.

And, yes, it is very annoying that you have to do this for all pets in all callings. They need to improve pet AI instead of forcing players to correct for pet inefficiency via macros. Fix your pets, Trion, and stop making us do your coding work for you.

Prophet of Telara

Actually, any pet that casts can't be macro'd!

At least for the Cleric Druid faerie if you hit the cast macro while it is casting it starts to cast again. I would assume this works for Air and Water eles and the skele mage unless they're instant casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Actually, any pet that casts can't be macro'd!

At least for the Cleric Druid faerie if you hit the cast macro while it is casting it starts to cast again. I would assume this works for Air and Water eles and the skele mage unless they're instant casts.
    I've only had the problem with Melee not using the abilities they are suppose to. The Air Ele seems to cast everything as soon as it's off CD and he's not casting his main nuke.

Plane Touched

Depends on the pet. I play a rogue. If I have a raptor pet I need to macro its abilities so it prioritizes the stacking dot. If I dont do that, the stacks will drop frequently which is serious dps loss.

On the other hand If I use the wolf there is absolutely no reason to macro petcasts.

So ask yourself. Does your pet have some ability that needs to be cast as soon as it is off cooldown or it will be a huge a dps loss ? If yes, macro it. If not, dont bother.

I haven't had to macro my zealot's abilities... I just changed around the ability order on its action bar, and it now casts BS > SR > JW as I want it to. Due to some glitch the abilities may disappear when you move the ability icons, but it all will be back in place once you resummon it.
    Last edited by PattyCake; 08-01-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    I haven't had to macro my zealot's abilities... I just changed around the ability order on its action bar, and it now casts BS > SR > JW as I want it to. Due to some glitch the abilities may disappear when you move the ability icons, but it all will be back in place once you resummon it.
    Hrm... I never thought of trying that.

Rift Chaser

....if that's all it takes, my keyboard is going to have a head-shaped dent. I've had it macrod and spammed the hell out of it till my little finger's about to fall off.

Plane Walker

can someone confirm that this works please

thank you PCake, I do not want to use macros

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post

why? they are stupidly easy to set up.

the last parse i did for my zealot this didnt work. the dps difference between macro/non macro was 40ish dps? admittadly that was with 1.2 though so it may have changed.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    why? they are stupidly easy to set up.

the last parse i did for my zealot this didnt work. the dps difference between macro/non macro was 40ish dps? admittadly that was with 1.2 though so it may have changed.
    The issue isn't setting it up. It's bouncing my finger on it once every half-second for the entire fight, which absolutely sucks during raids. My DPS boost from it was HUGE, since it was a very pet-heavy build.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah View Post
    Depends on the pet. I play a rogue. If I have a raptor pet I need to macro its abilities so it prioritizes the stacking dot. If I dont do that, the stacks will drop frequently which is serious dps loss.

On the other hand If I use the wolf there is absolutely no reason to macro petcasts.

So ask yourself. Does your pet have some ability that needs to be cast as soon as it is off cooldown or it will be a huge a dps loss ? If yes, macro it. If not, dont bother.
    Any pet that has more than 1 skill needs to be macro'd. The AI is terrible, and will routinely "wait" for something instead of casting what's available.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Champion

you have to macro pet attacks in wow as well

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post

It worked for me too, the pet casts things in the order they're listed on the pet panel, starting from the left, and will go back to this order if 2 things are ready at the same time.

The problem I have with pet abilities in macros is you have to slam the key repeatedly to function, even more so than usual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast