+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dunno what to pick

Default Dunno what to pick

Alright as it stands right now im downloading the updates and im looking through the forums and the main site to see what class/souls would fit me and im at an loss....supposedly you can make builds which i havent seen in a long wile in a mmo. Mainly what im looking for is an DD. Dont really care for tanking or healing but when it comes to the dd combos i excell lol. Then again i dunno how the tanking works on here and who knows i may like it if its anything like ffxi tanking but i highly doubt it is lol.

Shadowlander

best I can recommend is to just play around with it until you find one you have fun with, leveling is pretty fast and you only need 4 chars max to test out all the soul combinations on here

Rift Disciple

It depends what kind of DD you want really.

Warrior for heavily armoured melee
    Rogue for sneaky melee or ranged physical damage
    Cleric if you want your DD to have the option to tank and heal
    Mage if you want ranged magical.

Then to keep things simple as its your first time;
    Warrior - champion for 2h dps, Paragon for dual wield
    Rogue - assassin for poisons, ranger for ranged with pet, marksman for ranged without pet
    Cleric - inq for single target spellcaster, cabalist is aoe caster, druid is pet melee, shaman in without pet melee
    mage - necro and elementalist are pet classes, pyro single target, stormcaller aoe, warlock is the dot soul

Its not quite as simple as that, and I have missed some souls that arent as easy to pigeonhole as those, but that should give you an idea of them.

Warrior - If you want to do good damage in PVP and PVE. They can also tank pretty good.
    Rogue - If you want to do good damage in PVP and PVE. They can also tank pretty good. They can also do AoE healing and buffs.
    Cleric - If you want to do medium damage in PVP and PVE. They can also tank pretty good. They can also heal.
    Mage - If you want to suck *** in PVP and PVE and spend the majority of your 'playtime' on the forums complaining about just how ridiculously broken the mage class is.

Decided to go with Assassin/bladedancer/nightblade.....but kind of wish that i picked bard or ranger as my third now though. Another question...is the points you get for the soul tree limitless meaning that you can eventully max everything or is it caped with the lvl cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
    Decided to go with Assassin/bladedancer/nightblade.....but kind of wish that i picked bard or ranger as my third now though. Another question...is the points you get for the soul tree limitless meaning that you can eventully max everything or is it caped with the lvl cap?
    At level 50, you have 66 points to distribute between 3 souls at once.

And you can also get every soul in the game when you reach level 13, and are in the main city. There are quests to close rifts and gain the souls, but you can only have one at a time. For example, you want Ranger, so you pick up the quest, do it, turn it in, and then get Marksman.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Plane Walker

If you're planning on being a melee dps re-roll as a warrior, they currently top dps charts. For ranged dps choose rogue or mage.

Right now warriors are kind of "broken" and you're seeing warriors rolling on leather in groups and raids. Or Trion intended for warriors to be running around in squishy leather gear to dps and the plate gear is only for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by kyris_ View Post
    Warrior - If you want to do good damage in PVP and PVE. They can also tank pretty good.
    Rogue - If you want to do good damage in PVP and PVE. They can also tank pretty good. They can also do AoE healing and buffs.
    Cleric - If you want to do medium damage in PVP and PVE. They can also tank pretty good. They can also heal.
    Mage - If you want to suck *** in PVP and PVE and spend the majority of your 'playtime' on the forums complaining about just how ridiculously broken the mage class is.

This. Except mages can off-heal very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    If you're planning on being a melee dps re-roll as a warrior, they currently top dps charts. For ranged dps choose rogue or mage.
    Alternatively, pick a class whose playstyle actually appeals to you, so that you don't waste your time levelling and gearing something you hate only to find that it's no longer the flavour of the month broken gimmick spec.

Unless you're going to level and gear up one of every class, pick the one you enjoy playing and just ride out the peaks and troughs of the continued attempts at "balance".

im glad you didn't pick a mage as it would have ruined your experience, no new player should have to suffer the way the mages do in this game.

+ Reply to Thread