+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why there will never be balance.

pro

Default Why there will never be balance.

Its very simple. Class populations are very uneven. Warriors and Rogues are the dominant classes in rift and it really just regulates between which one has more each patch. So trion makes sure they are happy and generally better because thats the majority of there player base. I mean you really cant blame trion they are just trying to make a living, but there still should be balance.
    I mean how many successful games implement a DR system and are successful? Even though it affects everyone (because everyone has a butt load of cc) it affects mages the most. Im a mage and i fully believe that once a melee is on top of them they should go very quick. But thats why there is cc we have to manage slowing the attacker down before they get to us and make sure to stay away. which means we have to kite and stop and cast. But trion directly stopped this type of play in its tracks. by putting cc on a dr, i would understand a skill being put on a dr bc spamming a skill takes no effort but putting cc skills into a big group and punishing them all is just very wrong.
    I would be fine with a warrior doing equal damage as me and being able to survive more if i had cc and some way to kite other than being forced to play warlock and necro (personally i like the soul but i get tired of seeing nothing but dead things. but im not fine with a warrior doing more damage than me and being able to take more and i have no defense to it and my damage takes long cast and does less than what he did instantly. or a rogue doing more damage than a mage AT RANGE!!! a rogue damage is small but done quickly so it appears big. in rift a rogues damage is quick and higher than a mages even at range.
    and its very scary that trion thinks warriors are fine and that mages can be fixed by charge being consumed at a slower rate. instead of it being consumed slower how about our damage just gets higher as we get more charge? of course this wont fix us but hey it will take away the hassle of having to manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    and its very scary that trion thinks warriors are fine and that mages can be fixed by charge being consumed at a slower rate. instead of it being consumed slower how about our damage just gets higher as we get more charge? of course this wont fix us but hey it will take away the hassle of having to manage it.
    Yeah. Out of all the things being said in the mage section where did they even get "charge consumption" as a urgent need from. Out of all the pressing matters going they choose to mess with that. Outstanding!
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 07-29-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Sez

Clerics aren't dominant in PvP?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

You know what's OP, mage whines being posted under thread titles that have nothing to do with them. Nerf that.
    Last edited by Corian; 07-29-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Yeah for the most part no matter hwo well you buff each soul as well as that when you buff or adjust a soul it will causes changes to speccs or even making other builds better or also weakening another combo that was powerful down to where another combo now is better. Though this is hwo things are since things go in a flow of surging before waning again. This s natureal as well as easy to deal with since all combos and souls will have counters as well as having weak points so fotm is not a bad thing just shows the soul that surged but will wane at a point too.

pro

Which i fully understand trion catering to the majority but the minority should have to suffer anf go thru as much as we do and still come up short. And the fact they laugh in our face and propose a bullsh** solution is annoying.

Ascendant

There will never be balance in the game cause player skill will never be equal. No matter what you do there will always be someone who complains. Unfortunately, human intelligence and performance follows a bell shaped distribution. Those few people on the right side of the curve will always cause whines and cries to the average joe doe. Funny thing is that the average joe doe is also dominant in population so his cries are even louder.

Trion trying to accommodate those average/mediocre (that comprise the majority) players flings the balance left and right....
    Last edited by Delolith; 07-31-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    There will never be balance in the game cause player skill will never be equal. No matter what you do there will always be someone who complains. Unfortunately, human intelligence and performance follows a bell shaped distribution. Those few people on the right side of the curve will always cause whines and cries to the average joe doe. Funny thing is that the average joe doe is also dominant in population so his cries are even louder.

Trion trying to accommodate those average/mediocre (that comprise the majority) players flings the balance left and right....
    Yep. I love this game because there were advanced classes and souls requiring skill to be really effective. I hate to see that go. This is still one of the better games right now even with the nerfs and simplifications of certain lines.

IMO it's okay if you have classes and souls that are really powerful. That will set the standard. They started out really powerful mathematically. Don't give in to the complaints. Each class has been named "overpowered" by someone at this point.

pro

I honestly think trion should just try to give each class 2 souls that are useful in pvp not including the pvp soul and just worry about pve. Because trying to balance each and every soul combination is simply to much. I know diversity and options is why we were drawn here but as long as you have a dps build and another class specific role who cares. I love pyro but i got over it since it was nerfed to the ground and moved to lock or dom. And if you cant adjust to a new role then chances are its not the game its you.
    Last edited by pro; 07-31-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I honestly sometimes think getting rid of the pvp souls and then trying to rework or add afew pvp talents as well as tihngs into the other souls so that uyou can pvp without having to use or seem to have to use this one pvp based soul which actually seems worthless for some arche-types. THis would help and create more speccs as well as verity in pvp for playstyle as the talents and pvp abilities would not be consalodated into one soul that takes away from the verity in choices abit.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Clerics aren't dominant in PvP?
    No.
    /10char

Plane Touched

Its very simple. Class populations are very uneven. Warriors and Rogues are the dominant classes in rift and it really just regulates between which one has more each patch. So trion makes sure they are happy and generally better because thats the majority of there player base. I mean you really cant blame trion they are just trying to make a living, but there still should be balance.
    I mean how many successful games implement a DR system and are successful? Even though it affects everyone (because everyone has a butt load of cc) it affects mages the most. Im a mage and i fully believe that once a melee is on top of them they should go very quick. But thats why there is cc we have to manage slowing the attacker down before they get to us and make sure to stay away. which means we have to kite and stop and cast. But trion directly stopped this type of play in its tracks. by putting cc on a dr, i would understand a skill being put on a dr bc spamming a skill takes no effort but putting cc skills into a big group and punishing them all is just very wrong.
    I would be fine with a warrior doing equal damage as me and being able to survive more if i had cc and some way to kite other than being forced to play warlock and necro (personally i like the soul but i get tired of seeing nothing but dead things. but im not fine with a warrior doing more damage than me and being able to take more and i have no defense to it and my damage takes long cast and does less than what he did instantly. or a rogue doing more damage than a mage AT RANGE!!! a rogue damage is small but done quickly so it appears big. in rift a rogues damage is quick and higher than a mages even at range.
    If this were the case then mages would have been all powerful and stayed that way from the beginning. In the first 2 months of Rift you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a dozen mages. It is only since Trion nerfed mages that they have had a dwindling population, because mages re-rolled warriors and rogues after the nerf.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    If this were the case then mages would have been all powerful and stayed that way from the beginning. In the first 2 months of Rift you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a dozen mages. It is only since Trion nerfed mages that they have had a dwindling population, because mages re-rolled warriors and rogues after the nerf.
    Doesnt this prove my point that trion cater the majority? After mages were repeatedly nerfed the game populations shifted and some players shifted right out the door.

Plane Touched

Doesnt this prove my point that trion cater the majority? After mages were repeatedly nerfed the game populations shifted and some players shifted right out the door.
    Are you actually reading what is written and thinking about it? There were a ****load of mages most likely the majority was mages. Trion Nerfed them and people quit playing them. If Trion was nerfing and buffing based off population then Mages would never have gotten nerfed because there was so many of them and they wouldn't want to upset the majority. But they did nerf them and nerfed them hard. This has nothing to do with population of classes. It has everything to do with not understanding the effect of "balacing actions" are going to have on the highly complex soul system Trion has made.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    Are you actually reading what is written and thinking about it? There were a ****load of mages most likely the majority was mages. Trion Nerfed them and people quit playing them. If Trion was nerfing and buffing based off population then Mages would never have gotten nerfed because there was so many of them and they wouldn't want to upset the majority. But they did nerf them and nerfed them hard. This has nothing to do with population of classes. It has everything to do with not understanding the effect of "balacing actions" are going to have on the highly complex soul system Trion has made.
    Are you reading whays written? Trion made a mistake and overnerfed and people left so to stop people from leaving again they arent nerfing war/rog!!! If trion nerfed what the mass population was playing and alot of people left do you really think they are gonna nerf what the masses are playing again? Its about MONEY and currently all of it is coming from the rogues and warriors!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast