+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Look like its time to be an Assasin

Rift Master

Default Look like its time to be an Assasin

ASSASSIN
    * Physical Trauma: Impale causes the target to take 15-30% more damage from your Final Blow, up from 4-8%.

Really?? Trion are you kidding me?

I fail to see the problem here...

I seldom use FB as it stands as Impale + Deadly Strike are far better most of the time...

aux

Final Blow? Moar liek FULMINATE BLOW.

This'll require some -20% PvP damage modifiers me thinks.
    I'm so BORED

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Final Blow? Moar liek FULMINATE BLOW.

This'll require some -20% PvP damage modifiers me thinks.
    I hope your sig is a joke. If not you're a moron (spelling aside, which is another indicator of your imbecility.)

Final Blow is not all that great in PvP as it is.. If you have a good amount of Valor then it sucks and sucks even more if it does not crit.. This is a good thing for PvP and since rank 7 and 8 gear will be coming in 1.4 people will be packing a lot of valor...

better start running away before that final blow gets cha. ya got 5 seconds.

Default Final Blow

First off to even get to a Final Blow that hits for the 30% more damage you have to have an Impale on the target. As an Assassin you rarely get into a fight where your going to use 2 finishers. Generally unless you have some major heals your either going to kill the target with one finisher or die. If the + 30% damage came into effect without an impale then you might have something to worry about.

nah bro, hell just bleed all over the place.

Shadowlander

Have to love it when people make a thread and others start the insta QQ before they figure out what the change actually is. 90% of the time in a 1v1 unless slip away is used a Assassin does not live long enough to build a second 5 point combo you benifit from this buff to Final Blow or the target the Assassin is fighting is dead well before.

the buff to phisical trauma will most likely be usefull only in pve...

why?

here the explanation...

ATM (live server) impale outdmg the final blow ony if yout target last at lest 10 sec after his application... this mean 2 full rotation after the first... if your target last only up to only 2 finisher (that is what the assisin is built up to do...) the dmg bonus from phisical trauma will not put using impale-->5cp-->FB on the same dmg lvl as using FB-->5cp-->FB... with this change u can find that first rotation to be usefull... but not sure if that 30% bonus dmg (that is not a real 30% increased dmg but more like a 25% being it additive with all the other %bonus dmg from infiltrator and sin tree that are around 20% bonus dmg ... and not multiplicative as the magnify pain)... in pve where the mob last more than 2 rotation using FB after impale could become usefull... (but still I can't see it more usefull than DD...)

for those that reading this will say OMG so u'r not supposed to last more than 2 finisher against a sin?!?!? sin are OP!!!!! I will rember them that sin themself will not last more than 6/7 sec out of stealth (slip away is their' only way to survive... and it's a really good skill with a good 2 min cd...)... and so against a brain equipped premade when u target a healer (that should be your first target as a sin) u will probably have 8 or 10 sec to kill him before one of his teammate change his actual target to u and shot u down... and have to hope that your target team doesn't have a cc ready... because if u loose up to 3 sec u will probably be dead before being able to kill your target... this is the reason why a lot of sin going solo open with jagged and impale... because they know that there are good chance that they will die before their target... so using lot of dot give them the chance to assist in the kill even after their death... ^^

so... will this change to the sin finisher will be hard on pvp? not... will it have some use in pvp? yep some... will it be usefull in pve? most likely... will it make the FB the new finisher to use in pve? not likely...

so... I fail to see a problem with this... if some of the new rogue buff could have a greater impact on the pvp it will be the NB one... becuse it will upgrade the dmg of their finisher for 1 min... regardless of target switch... but even there... actually almost noone use the nb finisher... so it will probably put it on the same footig as other finisher and not make it hit that much harder (also here u have to rember that NB has a lot of % increase to dmg so being that new bonus additive it will not ride the NB finisher dmg by a real 40% but a lot less... only the nb tree can give u a 27% dmg increase that will likely rise to 37% with a few point in sin and a 20% bonus every 2 finisher... bringing the 40% bonus to a 29%/25% real dmg bonus)

rember... math is your friend )
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post

But spelling isn't apparently. Joking aside, for the amount of time that it will take to build combo points (and remain exposed) this seems balanced dps vs defensive capabilites. We'll see if or when it hits live servers.

Shadowlander

Also remember, most Assassins, after their first 5 point combo are so starved for energy that after that the fight turns into slow motion.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post

t('.'t) math

Kidding. All this does is make 51sin/15inf viable for pvp.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Uddjubb View Post
    But spelling isn't apparently. Joking aside, for the amount of time that it will take to build combo points (and remain exposed) this seems balanced dps vs defensive capabilites. We'll see if or when it hits live servers.
    ops sorry.. it was luck on my side that there was only a few misspelling in this post :P

eng in not my own lang and I'm too lazy to read it back over and over to correct mispelling :P

sorry I'm a lazy guy ^^'
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Uddjubb View Post
    Fulminate took as much time to build up. And we all know what happened to that. And remember a 1-point Impale is just as good as a 5-point Impale for this one. 3 seconds later it's kaboooooom. Minus 20%, hopefully.
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast