+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Next set of classes you wish Rift would come out with?

Default Next set of classes you wish Rift would come out with?

I personally would love to see rift bring out a Dragoon class for the warrior spec.

Give you a cool dragon pet that runs around with you and give Dragoon expertise with polearms!

it would be awesome to see the pet evovle with the warrior as you level and on top of that in the talent tree give you 4 different prime dragon to pick from, Black(poison DOTS), Red (Hard Hitting), White/Green (Healing abilities support heal), Blue (AOE DMG)

Please post what sub class you would like under one of the four main classes Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Cleric.
    Last edited by Vodox; 07-25-2011 at 05:49 PM.

A Blood Mage class would be interesting, and annoying to healers.

Soulwalker

Id like a shape shifting type of soul, though i like to see my gear. It would also be cool to have a short range bow wielding rogue soul.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

My guess is you meant souls not classes.

And what I would like to see is a additional tanking soul for clerics. There are lot of naming options like crusader, Zealot, Chaplain, Exarch or even a cleric soldier
    They would obviously use a shield and like justicar they would use life damage. However death damage would also be possible. I also like the idea of them using more magic instead of actually using their mace. Obviously the spells would have to be instant cast or otherwise uninterrupted by being hit as it would otherwise cause problems while tanking. The Justicar soul would need a few changes as well so it would be possible to combine certain aspects of the 2 souls (currently mien of leadership would reduce the damage of the new souls damage by 40% making them all useless for threat).
    A good idea might be to give it more magic mitigation as well high in the tree so cleric tanks would be able to go high in the tree for high magic mitigation or high in Justicar for more physical mitigation (similar to what warriors do).
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Ritualists from Guildwars ftw!!!!!!....summoning spirits do do damage or heal raid/party sounds awesome

They should give warriors a healing class, but make it really bad. Like it debuffs their healing target or something. So nobody could use it.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

For either rogue or warrior i woujld like a soul that is built to be a single b;lade using one, with more emphasiss on accuracy over crit. How i would do this is make their finishers or attacks gain bonuses or a damage bonus as they gain more hit rating. You could also place debuffs into the tree such as ones that would decrease the targets hit, ap/sp, damage reduction, ect. To make it so that at higher ranks of telents to make it less appealing to use two weapons yyou could make a telet that increases the hit ration or damage they deal when they are weilding a single one handed blade.

For mages i would not mind a form of tank, but more of a support tank idea of one. Such as a damage transfering mage. THey would redircet the damage a player tanks and spread it among the group. I coiuld see this class also giving a large scale shiled to all people in group at the cost of his or the tank's life. I could see syphoning life or buffs from their target onto themselves or even redirecting debuffs from the group onto a target or mobs. I would have this class be mostly based around death damage, and dots for damage. ALdo i could see a feature that they could reflect the damage they are trying to spread out, but instead hit a target or aoe a group of mobs with it as tone of their charge abilities.

Telaran

Next set of classes = fixed version of the current set.

Telaran

monk nuff said

I've always wanted to play a lich class (a la tactics ogre adv.) but that would probably infringe on necros.
    But since clerics for some reason wield death magic I don't see it as far fetched.

Probably a high priest that deals high light magic damage.

Witch doctor using death and dark magic to heal, probably a heavy CC soul.

Oracle class that would have a lot delayed/future cast skills. Could be an attacker that marks an area (gtae like skill) that won't active until a person or persons reaches the target. The more people on the target, the higher the damage when it activates (the person may have to activare to make it more controlled. Single target could be similar to sab type attacks.
    Could be also be a healer type with the same concept. An auto ress skill, buffs that refills hp when it slips below 40%. cleanses that activate when a debuff is activated. A real preventative type healer class.

A full shielder type class (what I wanted puris to be). It could have shield that partially absorbs physical or magical damage and reflects the absorbed damage back at the enemies. A shield that absorbs some damage and heals. A reflect type skill. The class itself would have no true active attack and would use the offensive properties of it's shields to do damage to others.

Talents would be used to increase the amount of damage reflected, how much damage absorbed and possibly increase how many people shields could affect (or make the shield aoe?)

Oh and a battle Mage/spirit blade type soul for mages (would be the only way I would play a Mage).
    Last edited by Eughe; 07-25-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Soulwalker

I'd like to see a pet class where the pet is more of an avatar for the player and less of a fancy DoT. Maybe even make it so you can assume direct control of the pet like Mind Control in WoW.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Well on the idea of making the pet more of a factor for the class. Go with either haviung to find or commune with different things ie animal totem, items of power or such that would allow you to become that creature physically. somethign like a druid but maybe for clerics make it more like becoming more of a conduit for the power of the god they are communing with becoming a avatar for the god. The powers the cleric would have access to would be based off the god being comuned with,

Plane Touched

I'll go ahead and chime in with my thoughts. Ideally I'd like each class to be able to do a bit of everything. In order to fill the existing voids:

Warrior: Monk. Make it work much like a VG Disciple, so that they can function as a support healing class while doing dps if needed. Could work well paired with paragon.

Rogue: Shaman a la Everquest. Heals over time, some debuffs/buffs, DoTs to augment melee.

Cleric: Avatar. This would be a secondary cleric tank/support tree to pair with Justicar, which focuses more on mitigation via armor/protective self-auras rather than the Justicar's mitigation via self-healing (which is almost useless in a raid setting).

Mage: Technomancer. A mage tanking soul which uses constructs as a suit of armor (think Iron Man or Ripley at the end of Aliens) to tank and mitigate damage. You could use different constructs, geared towards physical mitigation or magic, depending on the situation.
    Last edited by Caelan; 07-25-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Well I would like to add my voice to this conversation

Taking a page from Anarchy Online's book I really like the concept behind the "Trader" profession in that game. Centered around debuffing in various ways and buffing the party/raid for the same amount. Like the bard only it doesnt suck to play. I was fun, did good damage, helped the group as support, was good offheals. You know? like what the bard should be?

Telaran

A battle mage with conjured shielding and weaponry, PBAoE's, something really flashy that takes away from the squishy mage stereotype.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast