+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Essences?

Shadowlander

Default Essences?

I was wondering can you (or does it work is a better question)put 2 of the same reactive type essences?

IE: (can;t think of the name but) on a block there is a chance to raise your endurance 55 for 15 seconds. If I had 2 would the odds be twice as good for it to proc? or will the chances not accumulate (I know the effect would over write the other effect so it would only be he 55 endurance not 110.)

thanks,
    Masalg -- When life gives you lemons, find the salt and a bottle of tequila and have a good time with it! --

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Masalg View Post
    I was wondering can you (or does it work is a better question)put 2 of the same reactive type essences?

IE: (can;t think of the name but) on a block there is a chance to raise your endurance 55 for 15 seconds. If I had 2 would the odds be twice as good for it to proc? or will the chances not accumulate (I know the effect would over write the other effect so it would only be he 55 endurance not 110.)

thanks,
    Typically the buffs that are exactly the same from an essence do not stack, however, different tiers do stack (at least for healing and damage).

In your example, I think you would be able to stack the 55 endurance greats with the 68 endurance greater, but having both 55 endurance greaters would not benefit you.

I know that the bubbling, healing, and damage/dot lessers all stack like that so assuming it would work for them all.

Shadowlander

I realize they won't stack I was wondering if it increased the "a chance to proc on a hit/block etc..." SO if the games a chance is 10% hen would having 2 make it in essence a 20% (I realize that both are 10% and it would not be a true 20% but the odds are now doubled in the fact that you have 2 10% chances of it going off). But thanks for the info on the buffs and such stacking from different tiers.
    Masalg -- When life gives you lemons, find the salt and a bottle of tequila and have a good time with it! --

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Masalg View Post
    I realize they won't stack I was wondering if it increased the "a chance to proc on a hit/block etc..." SO if the games a chance is 10% hen would having 2 make it in essence a 20% (I realize that both are 10% and it would not be a true 20% but the odds are now doubled in the fact that you have 2 10% chances of it going off). But thanks for the info on the buffs and such stacking from different tiers.
    I don't believe their odds improve, plus if you could use an alternative greater where you had at least 50% uptime on each you would never want to stack them anyways.

Most lessers are providing more benefits than the greaters anyways so you don't even need to waste your time finding out if they stack since unfortunately they are all typically lower mitigation/HPS/DPS than pure stats.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

They are unique so you won't even be able to 2 in the same sigil so it doesn't really matter.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

+ Reply to Thread