+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Leveling class?

General of Telara

Default Fastest Leveling class?

So recently decided to switch factions to Defiant after taking a 3 month break. I am just wondering what will get me to 50 the fastest. I previously had a 50 cleric, 48 rogue, and a 44 mage and enjoyed them all so it doesnt really matter much to me what I play I just have to hit 50 so I can start running experts and eventually start raiding. Is the duracell cleric build still the fastest possible way to level and is there something similar to that for mages and warriors? I leveled all my characters during the first 3 weeks the game was live so I dont really know whats changed since then when it comes to leveling speeds.

Id kinda like to try out a warrior since I havent played one since Beta but most AoE grind builds want you to go reaver and I tried that during one of the Betas and despised reaver. Maybe because I played a SK in EQ and a DK in WoW and it just seemed like them but I just flat out refuse to play any form of warrior that includes reaver.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 07-24-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Champion

cleric after 30

Anything with self heals.

So everything but warrior.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Loving my mage...Warlock is very AoE grind friendly and can also be very powerful in PvP if you want to do warfronts every now and then.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post

So no warrior tree has heals?

Warlocks/Necros can self heal very well
    Rogues have bard or rift scavenger
    Clerics...well they are clerics

So what then do warriors get other than the 10 min CD complete heal in the pally tree? Or do I just spend ungodly amounts of plat, which I wont have, on pots?
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 07-24-2011 at 06:41 PM.

I'm not warrior (nor have I leveled one above level 13), but I believe there is/are a/some reaver based spec for AoE killing (grinding/level), that has some slight selfheals and high survivability. Sometimes you need to drink however.

However since you don' want reaver... Ya...
    Last edited by Rizz; 07-24-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Soulwalker

Beastmasters have a couple self heals. You can also make your pet tank for you and you have a pretty massive pet heal.

Shadowlander

Probably rogue... being able to fill 3/4 slots in the lfg tool and having super solid solo tools helps the spec greatly. I am leveling fairly quickly in spite of having limited gameplay time. Cleric probably isn't bad, for the same reasons, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

My vote is Cleric, but leveling is so quick in this game that it doesn't really matter all that much. IMO, I'd honestly pick a class based on what you mainly want to do at 50. I have a 50 Cleric/Mage/Rogue, and my Warrior is 45. The Warrior is the worst at soloing, but he's still blowing through the levels.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    my Warrior is 45. The Warrior is the worst at soloing, but he's still blowing through the levels.
    I remember watching videos of Champs going from mob to mob in their 30s and gibbing them in like 5 seconds. Did they get nerfed or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post

I found warriors to be very easy to level up. Reaver/Riftblade/Paladin works very well for aoe farming and has a few different ways to passively heal depending on the build and has one very useful full heal.

Shadowlander

AoE cleric. About 3-4 days to lvl 50.

Rift Disciple

Cleric easily

They start out slow in the beginning levels (due to low damage output)

But as they get more points (aka levels) their aoe / self heals really start to take off like a rocket and they can out AoE grind all the other classes as they offer the most dmg + survivability + self heals all in the same package
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

Plane Touched

So you already leveled 3 chars to 40+ in 3 weeks time and are now looking to do it again? Why not enjoy some of the rest of the game before you rush to endgame and have nothing left to do? Pre-50 is actually the best part of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by teamoor View Post
    AoE cleric. About 3-4 days to lvl 50.
    Yupper once you hit 26 its easy mode aoe with inq/just I flew to 50 my rogue isn't far behind but with my cleric aoe questing is faster
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast