+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question to trion and it's balanceing concern.

Default Question to trion and it's balanceing concern.

Now let me start of by saying I'm not 50 yet, that aside the more I'm playing and reading the more people seem to be (sorry for putting it like this) but turning this into wow.

I loved how there were no addons and no meters and no scores and no boss mods and nothing like that. Now there is meters, albeit not common, but this is leading people to doing parses and simulations and tests. Now you get people that won't spec how they want to spec because they have to put more points in another tree they don't like because it does 3% better. Is there any plans to putting in a talent into every single spec that has a increase by X% for every point spent kind of thing? If I want to be a 51 point ranger I should in every right be a 51 point ranger, or warden or riftblade.

Do you balance for the sake that you assume people are within a certain percent of their max potential?

Do you balance classes around the idea that they all simulated their spec and use perfect rotations at all times?

Do you balance instance difficulties around the idea that every knows exactly what to do before even seeing the place before?

I ask this because blizzard took the slippery slope and went down it, they now have to balance around people using meters and even make their own to ensure they are using one, they simplified talents to grade school level to ensure they're perfectly talented, they even put in boss mods to ensure people know what a boss does without even stepping foot in the place.

Are you going to take out all the surprise and all the fun and design? Or are you going to just let us play what we want and how we want? I'm a bit frustrated by the elitist's in this game, and yes some of you guys are a collection of the biggest elitist pricks of all mmo's. Are you going to allow them to ruin this game for all of us as a whole or are you going to ignore the elitist raiders and put in content by our pace and not theirs?

I want an MMO's for the regular gamer and not the I play 5 hours a day and spend another 2 on calculations gamer.

Then let the people who have the time to do the calculations do the calculations, and you can copy & paste their macros and perform okay, but obviously not as well.

GROUP instances are obviously not balanced around people turning it up to 11, because scrubs/undergeared players would have no way to play the game if it were like that. Raid instances, well, don't expect to scrub it up and succeed here. Even in RIFT, you can't lolsleep your way through raids.

DPS 'meters' are available in any game that allows chat logging. Addons are coming to RIFT, so if you're an addon crybaby, RIFT isn't going to be for you before long.

I don't care how complex of a class system you make, you can't outrun math and delude yourself into thinking there isn't going to be a spec that exceeds others. All games are balancing nightmares unless you play a FPS, and even then, one side of the map always has a sniper rifle you can pick up .0001% more efficiently based on where you spawn.

You didn't understand the point at all.

I'm asking if they balance ANYTHING around people using calculations.

I'm all for people doing that if they're stupid enough to think it really matters in a videogame, however I don't want that to become required to the point where I have to do it. Never EVER think for an instant because some player doesn't want to do calculations or thinks macro's are just for people who can't handle the actual game that they're bad. I'm most likely a better player then most people in your guild, but I think this is just a game for fun. Eventually I'll hit 50 and go to raids, but if they're like wow raids I'm outta here. In no way am I just going to be another filler body for some stupid neckbearded nerd to get his jollies off on pixels.

People just want wow with better graphic.
    You know, they miss the old: lfm dps gsb must be 1800 dps 350 gs /t with achiev.

Also, soon they will implement an arena system, talking cows and some zeppelins.
    Last edited by Carondimonio; 07-24-2011 at 12:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread