+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid/ Beastmaster Newb Question

Ascendant

Default Druid/ Beastmaster Newb Question

I have a newb question, obviously clerics are great healers.....

1) Is a pure druid viable in any way shape or form at end game or on the way up in dungeons?

2)Is a beast master a viable dps'er or exactly what is the role of a beastmaster? I am assuming dps.

Trying to figure things out.....since they are nerfing healing I am getting ready to respec my cleric out of healing and into what I actually enjoy which is druid. I just want to know if there is any chance I can play druid at end game when I get there and be needed.

And on Beastmaster, I have an alt beastmaster and before I do the first dungeon want to be sure I understand my role so I don't act like a big newb (haha you'd think I would know by now but just been playing healer since beta)

Plane Touched

I have only seen druid and beastmaster used in hybrid specs, not as full 51 point souls. If you look at the cleric and warrior forums, there is a sticky with links to guides people have made for soul setups.

I think you will find some hybrid cleric tanking and healing ideas with some druid, but mostly pure dps roles using it with points spread in other souls as well.

Beastmaster you will find in dps role setups only I think.

Ascendant

Thanks, that pretty much answers my question, a true druid has no real role. Not whining, just stating a fact.

The beastmaster is really fun though.....so that might be my answer.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    I have a newb question, obviously clerics are great healers.....

1) Is a pure druid viable in any way shape or form at end game or on the way up in dungeons?

2)Is a beast master a viable dps'er or exactly what is the role of a beastmaster? I am assuming dps.

Trying to figure things out.....since they are nerfing healing I am getting ready to respec my cleric out of healing and into what I actually enjoy which is druid. I just want to know if there is any chance I can play druid at end game when I get there and be needed.

And on Beastmaster, I have an alt beastmaster and before I do the first dungeon want to be sure I understand my role so I don't act like a big newb (haha you'd think I would know by now but just been playing healer since beta)
    in 1.4 51 druid will become the best melee single target DPS spec at endgame ..so certainly viable at PVE once gear isnt as much of an issue. I am sensing you are wondering about pvp viability..I dont have any experience besides a game or 2 as cookie cutter..but I think in 1.4 51 druid wont be very ideal for pvp. Maybe with a faerie out in a pug it would be alright, or in a premade with a healer friend but there are some glaring issues with the druid tree for pvp viability.
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Ascendant

Yea I mostly pvp but would like to start to do some random dungeons here and there and be a pick up type person for raids at end game.

I will be happy to see the druid finally be a real 'role' though, if 1.4 does that. Been struggling with wanting to play it since last November'ish and always find I have to carry a full healing soul instead to be helpful.

Right now Druid/Shaman/Inquis is the highest Single Target DPS the cleric has right now. It's pretty much the lowest single target DPS (that or mages), but it's still the best you got.

At least for PvE, In PvP most people run shaman if they want to melee because of the charge.
    @tamgros, tamgros on youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by tamgros View Post
    Right now Druid/Shaman/Inquis is the highest Single Target DPS the cleric has right now. It's pretty much the lowest single target DPS (that or mages), but it's still the best you got.

At least for PvE, In PvP most people run shaman if they want to melee because of the charge.
    I mean highest, stupid editing timer
    @tamgros, tamgros on youtube...

+ Reply to Thread