+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change eullusiveness in sin tree to perception..

Default Change eullusiveness in sin tree to perception..

As title says, have it increase your ability to detect other stealthed players by 5m rather than the current effect of making you harder to see.

This way two rogues can actually find each-other

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    As title says, have it increase your ability to detect other stealthed players by 5m rather than the current effect of making you harder to see.

More powers to sin? I think not.

Shadowlander

As a 51 sin I do not have much issues finding other rogues. Leave it as is, nothing is broken here, why fix it if it is not broken. You want easy, play a warrior IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Taaboo View Post
    As a 51 sin I do not have much issues finding other rogues. Leave it as is, nothing is broken here, why fix it if it is not broken. You want easy, play a warrior IMO.
    Sounds like you've never been in this situation.

Two improved stealth rogues strafing in a circle that both know the other rogue is right there but unless one actually stops, no amount of spamming your opener with smart targets, or tabbing and your opener is sufficient to start the fight.

As for the OP's idea to change elusiveness, I'd go a slightly different direction, that would affect callings across the board. In my opinion, the range in which you can detect players in stealth is pretty balanced, but you should get at least a GCD (1.5) seconds that you can see them, even if they leave your detection area, so you can react.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chaith View Post
    Sounds like you've never been in this situation.

Two improved stealth rogues strafing in a circle that both know the other rogue is right there but unless one actually stops, no amount of spamming your opener with smart targets, or tabbing and your opener is sufficient to start the fight.

As for the OP's idea to change elusiveness, I'd go a slightly different direction, that would affect callings across the board. In my opinion, the range in which you can detect players in stealth is pretty balanced, but you should get at least a GCD (1.5) seconds that you can see them, even if they leave your detection area, so you can react.

This is a way better thought than what the OP had. OP sounds more like a Cleric or Mage wanting to have the ONLY thing that gives Assassin a jump start nerfed. Now having a small window to actually see, target and react to another rogue once they come within the, what, 3 meters to be in view, would be nice but still I prefer it the way it is. I have had many stand offs with other sin and yes, alot of strafing but in the end one catches the other and makes the fight that much more fun IMO. If ya don't have the patience for that kind of a fight, do not play a sin and run in a straight line away from where other rogue was seen and find a earies target to pick off.

Xsi

Sounds to me like two players unable to attack each other because neither wants to leave stealth is pretty balanced already.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Prophet of Telara

+1
    Similar ideas have been made in the PvP section. There needs to be a real counter to stealth, not the gimmicks that are currently available. I think putting the best tools to counter a stealther in a stealther's hands provides the best balance. Similar in the way that the best counter to a dom loading someone up with debuffs is dominator on the other team using deny....

+ Reply to Thread