+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stealth Detection

Soulwalker

Default Stealth Detection

Pvping the other day, and I noticed there isn't any stealth detection in this game. What I mean by that is, if a Rogue is stealthed directly on top of you, you can't detect them, target them, etc. The only way to force them out of Stealth is an AoE, and even that isn't a sure thing.

Now I'm sure its designed that way so that you can't target stealthed players no matter what, but that in itself may be a little overpowered when it comes to Warfronts with captureable objectives.
    I was tempted to try to this, looking for another rogue and in a duel, standing right on top of me, couldn't detect him.

Now I switch between an Assassin and Nightblade, so i'm not just pointing this out to benefit myself because it will also hurt me, but I think it should be looked at for a balancing issue.

If they're close enough, they should be targetable.

Prophet of Telara

Detecting them isn't the problem, but they fade away rather quickly. It's a very small window to target them in, unless they're not moving and you're very close to them. I wouldn't mind that window being increased by a second or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Plane Touched

Beastmaster and Mage pvp soul have skill to detect stealth. Recon pots from new pvp vendor npcs show invi rogues near by on mini map.
    And yet, only sin with silent footsteps + Elusiveness is able to stand really close to enemies without being detected, other kinds of stealth are easy to be detected when get close to enemy. For exact, when enemy get close to a stealth rogue (with weak stealth skills - NB conceal and Inf Camouflage), the rogue will be exposed to enemy as long as he is in 3m range.

Champion

As mentioned two trees have direct anti stealth abilities. Warriors can also spam Ragestorm.

Another thing is that SHOE will still target stealthed rogues, so look out for lazers going nowhere =)
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Buy recon vials(they show stealth players on the minimap) and use them in WFs. Then based on where they are on the minimap, use your AoEs there.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

recon vials don't show stealth players, I tried it.

Actually recon vial does NOT show stealthed rogues. It only shows them, just like any other class, when they are visible.

About the "stealth detection": Well, rogues have the option of putting points into silent footsteps, making them 30 % harder to detect while stealthed. However, Ive only seen 51 pts rogues doing this, myself included.

Those who do not use silent footsteps, are easier to detect. IMO the detection should be left as is, since silent footsteps are 2 points used, which is 2 points used in a NO-DPS ability.
    "..Amonkira, Lord of Hunters. Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    This is incorrect. Every European server listed on these forums is an English language sever, as are our forums.

Rift Disciple

hide is not well designed in this game........

It can easily be abused with skills like stun ( there have been many posts on this) that are unbreakable and last 4 seconds.... with a burst dps of around 1600+ per second a rogue can easily kill most players right on the spot in the open world....... That coupled with the fact that they can use slip away along with damage immunity is really killing the pvp fun ..... Maro usage of skills spamming in line is another lame thing in most games...... you but have to stalk a player then press one or two macros.....

How many warfronts have you seen where parties heavily use more than 6 rogues and even more warriors and go through the map on a win situation in mere seconds?

The see hide potions used to enable you to detect all players even rogues.... some whining from rogues and of course they nerfed it....... they really do not want to muck up with their base subscription numbers

Ascendant

IMHO all pet callings should have increased stealth detection (naturally without having to invest points in it)

For instance i don't think those silent footsteps will help you against that undead skeleton who doesn't have eyes or ears and can sense your very soul.. Or that raptor/wolf who can smell the sweat off your body no matter how silent you are

This game needs mobs (mostly animals/undead/elemental) that have greatly increased stealth detection too.. For instance how in the world would a rogue stealth by a bat? no matter how stealthy you are their echolocation would see you...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

1- You can buy recon potions
    2- get a pocket beastmaster
    3- AoE

I have been foiled far too often lately with recon potions, to the point that I just stopped playing a stealth rogue. 21 points needs to be invested in Assassin to get permanent stealth, similar points are required from Beastmaster to get stealth detection. Fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    This game needs mobs (mostly animals/undead/elemental) that have greatly increased stealth detection too.. For instance how in the world would a rogue stealth by a bat? no matter how stealthy you are their echolocation would see you...

You can't bring realism into a fantasy game. How can a rogue stealth past a bat?

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE CREEPY EMO GUY RAISING THE DEAD OR ANYTHING D: HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?
    OR THE BLUE ORC THAT CAN RUN JUST AS FAST AS THE ROGUE IN FULL PLATE MAIL AND THROW FLAMING SPEARS OF ELEMENTAL FIRE!!>??,><wtfZZz
    Last edited by Elth; 07-28-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    You can't bring realism into a fantasy game. How can a rogue stealth past a bat?

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE CREEPY EMO GUY RAISING THE DEAD OR ANYTHING D: HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?
    OR THE BLUE ORC THAT CAN RUN JUST AS FAST AS THE ROGUE IN FULL PLATE MAIL AND THROW FLAMING SPEARS OF ELEMENTAL FIRE!!>??,><wtfZZz
    Yes too much realism is bad but its bordering on the point of silly when you can literally be standing on someone and not see them.. IMHO more realism in this scenario is a good thing...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Yes too much realism is bad but its bordering on the point of silly when you can literally be standing on someone and not see them.. IMHO more realism in this scenario is a good thing...
    Then you should watch Predator series, they chop you into 2 pieces, hang you up, or blow you up with their cannon WITHOUT breaking stealth! That is the real OP!

archmage has a ability to lay down a detection totem where you can see them in stealth hit the before you then there basically f'ed
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/punk117/Untitled-1-135.png

Shadowlander

For a Rogue to not be seen till right on top of you they have to spend points not spent on DPS, You want to see a Rogue spend points on the abilities in game that let you see them and stop with the QQ. Wating to have everyone be able to spot a stealthed Rogue within enough distance to react to them before they can hit their target is like Rogues asking for all heals no matter how little to have at least a 5 second cast time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast