+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Massive Sweeping Nerfs

Default Massive Sweeping Nerfs

Trion,

You can nerf all your classes to try and balance this game. One thing you can't nerf is skilled players. There will always be skilled vs unskilled.

In the four months I've played this game every class has been nerfed. You can try and balance the toons, but you will never be able to balance the players.

I suggest you look at the history of mmo's for guidance.
    Last edited by Gericho; 07-20-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Shadowlander

Massive Sweeping nerfs is the name of one of the new mobs in the next patch.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    Trion,

You can nerf all your classes to try and balance this game. One thing you can't nerf is skilled players. There will always be skilled vs unskilled.

In the four months I've played this game every class has been nerfed. You can try and balance the toons, but you will never be able to balance the players.

Like theres any real skill involed ... its mostly gear and soul choices -- skill MIGHT be a 5% or so contributing factor.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Like theres any real skill involed ... its mostly gear and soul choices -- skill MIGHT be a 5% or so contributing factor.
    Which explains why one player is pulling 900 DPS, another is pulling 600 and the rest of the raid is all pulling 300? I don't think so. Try more like 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoreland View Post
    Which explains why one player is pulling 900 DPS, another is pulling 600 and the rest of the raid is all pulling 300? I don't think so. Try more like 75%.
    It doesn't really take that much skill to hit 2 buttons and be top dps >.>.

45% Build 45% Gear 10% Pressing Buttons = Win/Loss

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    So then how do you explain so many T2 dungeon PUG failures?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Then explain why I have witnessed on many occasions......2 players.......same build.......same gear level......yet one is 1k+ while the other is barely breaking 600?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylonn View Post
    Then explain why I have witnessed on many occasions......2 players.......same build.......same gear level......yet one is 1k+ while the other is barely breaking 600?
    One is trying while the other is watching Netflix and downloading p0rn when he should be trying.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Spoken like a player with very little skill.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylonn View Post
    Low FPS, latency, not using the macro system, laziness. The first 3 effect a guy in my guild like you say.

Similar gear, similar build etc, but he refuses to use macros and thinks of them as a "crutch" (even though many of us have talked to him, shown him the difference but he still refuses to use them). Some people don't care enough to make the effort or are very hard headed.

This game takes very little skill to mash macros. Just a little time to research a build, set up solid macros and time to gather gear.
    Artillery / Artillerie
    R U N N O F T
    Forty Six and 2, just ahead of me...

Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    Trion,

OP is right, if unskilled players whine nerf, its gonna get nerfed and unbalanced. You can't just keep nerfing/buffing stuff according to whoever says so, best example is wow who has patches like every 14 day or every 7 day with "balances" based out of a comunity with 12 million players where off 50% is whining nerf/buff and blizzard is desperetly trying to hold on... No no no... What you do is you stay where you are, for a looooooooong time, you cant judge if somethings imbalanced in 14 days or whatever. Stop the rewoking, make players learn their class, and take it from there!
    The Zwoop tHEzWOOP Thezwoop tHEZWOOP TheZwoop ThezwooP THEzwoop theZWOOP thezwOOp THeZWooP thEzwOOp tHeZwOoP ThezwOOp THEzWOOp

Quote Originally Posted by Marylla View Post
    Massive Sweeping nerfs is the name of one of the new artifact set in the next patch.

Fixed.

moarchars
    Tidelord Tomelf, Cake Lord
    Cleric officer of <Vantage>
    5/5 4/4 6/10
    Rank 7 Guardian - Seastone

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoreland View Post
    So then how do you explain so many T2 dungeon PUG failures?
    This. Skill has a lot to do with knowing what to press when, how to react, and how to not mess up and wipe. When you hit the gear threshold, everything else is cushion. That's why any one can wipe at any time. Know your role, your party members' roles, what your skills do, when to blow CDs, and how to react. Bam.

Honestly I'd call DPS in this game to be 60% build, 30% skill, and 10% gear. A terrible player in a bad spec with full raid gear can still parse lower than a good player in T1 5-man gear. Likewise, gear discrepancies between two people using the main spec can often show the more skilled player pulling ahead even with worse gear.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast