+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Massive Sweeping Nerfs

there is a spec and a rogue rotation where the rotation is roughly 40 abilities long. But even executed perfectly its still slightly lower then the two more common and much simpler rotations.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Akza View Post
    The only thing i'll say to this is

Im not exaggerating anything
    Then why not list the 50 abilities? If you are truly telling the truth you would have no problems listing all 50 ability names.

Or you can just stick to the whole "you're just gonna have to trust me, cause I can't show you".

You have been exposed.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylonn View Post
    Then explain why I have witnessed on many occasions......2 players.......same build.......same gear level......yet one is 1k+ while the other is barely breaking 600?
    Because one player has the uber one button macro and the other presses the keys all on his own?

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
    Then why not list the 50 abilities? If you are truly telling the truth you would have no problems listing all 50 ability names.

Or you can just stick to the whole "you're just gonna have to trust me, cause I can't show you".

You have been exposed.

a 50 button rotation does not mean 50 different skills are being used.

if a rotation was: 12132567864906313178995432122653235767803115316833 4

it would be a 50 button rotation even though it only uses 10 different buttons.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    there is a spec and a rogue rotation where the rotation is roughly 40 abilities long. But even executed perfectly its still slightly lower then the two more common and much simpler rotations.
    If you're talking about the 32 sin rotation, it's actually only 18 abilities long, but that's besides the point. We're not talking about rotations here, we're talking about abilities used in the rotation.

The other guy compared the 3 button rogue/warrior specs to the "72 button mage spec" which is a total exaggeration and desperate attempt to make mages seem more complicated than they actually are. I've spent extensive time testing all the top dps builds of all the classes. Yes, the top mage dps builds are more complicated and require more buttons than the rogue/warrior/cleric builds, but not even close to 3 vs 72.

For instance,

Both of the top rogue builds(hoko and sabodancer) require 7 buttons on a super easy rotation.

The BS/AB stormcaller rotation(which most mages consider to be the hardest mage rotation) requires the use of 8 buttons used in a fairly complicated rotation. Necro/Lock is like 8 or 9 buttons on a super easy rotation. Zoomancer is like 9 buttons on a super easy rotation.

BTW, talking strictly single target here.

My point is... he is exaggerating tremendously.
    Last edited by Poochymama; 07-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    a 50 button rotation does not mean 50 different skills are being used.

if a rotation was: 12132567864906313178995432122653235767803115316833 4

it would be a 50 button rotation even though it only uses 10 different buttons.

I understand that, read the post I just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    Trion,

You can nerf all your classes to try and balance this game. One thing you can't nerf is skilled players. There will always be skilled vs unskilled.

In the four months I've played this game every class has been nerfed. You can try and balance the toons, but you will never be able to balance the players.

I suggest you look at the history of mmo's for guidance.
    the last line is funny, because daoc was the most successful and most balanced mmo of all time was daoc... it came before wow and we had LOTS of nerf and changes and even out right changed whole sale entire mechanics and role of an entire class.
    please dont base "mmo history" off the only game you played which is wow. the internet has been around alot longer than that game
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    the last line is funny, because daoc was the most successful and most balanced mmo of all time was daoc... it came before wow and we had LOTS of nerf and changes and even out right changed whole sale entire mechanics and role of an entire class.
    please dont base "mmo history" off the only game you played which is wow. the internet has been around alot longer than that game
    DAOC was the "most successful" MMO of all time? How do you come to this conclusion? Also redundancy is redundant.

Lol and sorry about the detail 8).

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    One is trying while the other is watching Netflix and downloading p0rn when he should be trying.
    omg i just knocked over my ice cream LoLing at that. Sooo true ill be at around 540 dps all raid until someone rats me out by posting some parse in raid chat and then ill hear in vent "dude seriously bleach wtf???" and I gota sit up, put down the remote, and stop clicking and start spaming keys all fast like a spaz lol btw I dont know about anyone else but does anyone ever just stop and think of what they look like while raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    Dude I can barely understand what you are saying. Don't assume to know what games I've played.

I played DAoC for 7 years. There were no nerfs at the start. There were massive zone improvements and complete zone and class additions. They added 6 new classes (Necromancer, Reaver, Savage, Bonedancer, Valewalker, Animist), 3 races (Inconnu, Valkyn, Sylvan). They focused on content and an abundance of character choices with each new addition. Which is what I recommend RIFT doing. Not focusing down the veteran gamer community for being too powerful using their rules.
    BTW your vids are an awesome display of how not to play a cleric in PvP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    I played DAoC for 7 years. There were no nerfs at the start.
    You played DAOC for 7 years ok... but your memory is crap. Mythic was constantly adjusting classes from the get go.

Remember the scout nerf early on ...or the one-shot-stay-stealthed assassin nerfs .....chain CC nerfs ....then on to things like broken multipliers resulting in LA nerfs for zerkers/shadowzerks ... I can REALLY go on but just the few I listed save for the LA nerf were done before DF was even implemented.

You cant go much earlier that that.
    Irony - Pathiss

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Yea, skill is such a huge factor. That's why a guy goes from sucking hind tit on a shaman spec to bending over the scoreboard on a parachamp spec. Because his skill shot through the roof when he changed classes. I've never seen so much FOTM seesaw ******** in any mmo that comes close to comparing to this mess.
    Yeah I agree. Part of the "being good" in Rift is really liking to spend time Theorycrafting.

Having the right spec (or more importantly in Rift - not the wrong one), using the right rotation and then being willing to suck it up and farm the right gear is really all it takes.

But in Rift lots of people who are average gamers are just terrible (especially right now mage DPS) because they dont Theorycraft and visit the forums. Cant really say I blame them, forums and spreadsheets aren't for everyone. Spreadsheet theorycrafting and major do-overs every "balance patch" dont really help. I dont mind some Theorycraft, but its getting a bit much even for me.

Not sure its really fixable tho, given the soul tree design.
    Last edited by Merre; 07-28-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    One is trying while the other is watching Netflix and downloading p0rn when he should be trying.
    Its true, rift is the "carry me" game. You can buy enough hit/focus for t2 and even 220 for raids, then have to be carried cause the rest of your stats suck ***.

Just look at the forums bad and lazy players complain about others being OP cause they did the grinds and got the gear, then trion nerfs good players and makes it easier for lazy player to get better gear.

Can't wait for GW2 or STOR maybe they won't roll over for all the badies!!!!

Plane Touched

being skilled means....knowing the game mechanics and how to use them for the most advantage. Carry on.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shuey View Post
    Its true, rift is the "carry me" game. You can buy enough hit/focus for t2 and even 220 for raids, then have to be carried cause the rest of your stats suck ***.

Just look at the forums bad and lazy players complain about others being OP cause they did the grinds and got the gear, then trion nerfs good players and makes it easier for lazy player to get better gear.

Can't wait for GW2 or STOR maybe they won't roll over for all the badies!!!!
    The problem is all the enablers that continue to carry these scrubs. If someone isn't pulling their weight then buh-bye! You can't afford to drag people along when it puts more stress on everyone else. It is the worst thing for guilds to have.

Rift has had the WORST raiding community that I have seen. So many people say they want to raid but then simply do not want to put the work in or are simply HORRIBLE at playing. People refusing to get a few pieces better in T2, not running a dps oriented spec, refusing to use macros, all contribute to the craptastic player base.

There were more then just a few of these in the guild I was in before leadership just shut down raiding and told the bads to go elsewhere. Too much ****ing hassle to deal with scrubs. Now I just PvP and crush all the bads in there...It's even sweeter when they are equivalently geared in PVP3 gear and I wreck them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast