+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: So there's Bluedot, Ciderhelm, ...

  1. #1
    Rift Master GriffonHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default So there's Bluedot, Ciderhelm, ...

    and who else? Who are our cleric/rogue amazing people that run websites and post guides etc. ?

  2. #2
    RIFT Community Ambassador Sodahelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Radak, a Cleric tank, frequently gets great information that I use in my own guides.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Radak has written some outstanding Cleric tanking guides: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...adak-Version-3

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodahelm View Post
    Radak, a Cleric tank, frequently gets great information that I use in my own guides.
    Awkward...

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Hoku posts a ton of guides on rogue dps.

    Kruunch posts a mitigation tanking build that he updates with each patch.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    http://www.dunsparrow.com/

    dunsparrow does rogue things - has his own website.

  7. #7
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    Nows where I say so does Bluedot


    "So does Bluedot"
    thats fairly argueable honestly. i happen to agree with a chunk of what bluedot says. he disagrees with the majority, and provides reasoning as to why he disagrees, while the majority whines about the classes current state.
    while i can agree he isnt the bright light shining in the darkness that he sometimes comes off as, he is fairly level headed and looks at facts more often than yelling at trion to fix crap.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, United Kingdom
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Kutsuu is seen as one of the main go to guys for warrior dps, Ciderhelm and Kruunch are seen as the tanking guys.

  9. #9
    RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Uhm. Me
    As some have already said I am the ciderhelm and bluedot equivalent for cleric tanks. But I don't have my own site so you will find my guide, spreadsheet and other information on the cleric forum. (I should really learn how to make a site )
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Doesn't ciderhelm mainly write tanking guides? I was trying to follow one of his warrior guides but it was how to level up as a tank spec and tanking instances. What if you dont want to do that and you want to level as pure DPS? Or is that not how this game works?

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Emoge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Warriors are blessed with more than a couple very good warriors willing to kruunch the numbers (see what I did there? ^_^) Ciderhelm, Kruunch, and and in the early days Fami were huge in making warrior tanks what they are today.

    For derps Kuts (can never remember the whole name) and Rizaz are our go-to guys today, but before they entered the scene, Spike was huge.

    Radak is well know as a cleric tank and my clerics swear by his guides.

    Bluedot has some interesting ideas on mages, but many times they seem off the wall. Regardless, he's very helpful.

    I think rogues really need some community leaders to step forward and really take charge of bards, dps, and tanking whereas clerics really need someone to take up the mantle of "Pope Cleric."

    Thank god my main is a warrior as we are blessed with such an extensive, helpful, and insightful bunch of warriors. From the beta, warriors have had theorycrafting and numbers done up, something no other class had.

    For the OP, you could always be the next Bluedot or Ciderhelm ^_^ Take a week vacation from work and test everything out!

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Shhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    thats fairly argueable honestly. i happen to agree with a chunk of what bluedot says. he disagrees with the majority, and provides reasoning as to why he disagrees, while the majority whines about the classes current state.
    while i can agree he isnt the bright light shining in the darkness that he sometimes comes off as, he is fairly level headed and looks at facts more often than yelling at trion to fix crap.
    He never wants anything fixed because compared to ppl in his guild that he thinks are good hes not far off, however, the players in his guild are waaay off many guilds top players. So relatively he thinks its close, but absolutely isnt true.

  13. #13
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    He never wants anything fixed because compared to ppl in his guild that he thinks are good hes not far off, however, the players in his guild are waaay off many guilds top players. So relatively he thinks its close, but absolutely isnt true.
    i disagree with your opinion. if you didnt spend so much time circle-jerking with brad, griffon, extintion, trav, etc, and look at the math bluedot has shown on many occasions you would see that mages are not only the top RANGED dps, but also that during progression mage dps is fine. its only at bis gear levels that mages fall behind. even then trion is fixing the majority of the disparity with spotters order+whetstone normalization and further buffs to mages in the form of a new consumable.

    the mage comunities constant whining that they arent viable because they cant deal as much damage is silly when you look at the fact that people are doing upwards of 4+times the amount of dps required to beat an encounter. honestly show me any encounter in the game that requires all of the dps to pull 2k and i will agree there is a problem, but there really isnt. while i can agree with a certain amount of min/maxing there are certain levels that are just stupid, like requiring full consumables on completely farm content.

    now with all of that said yes mages need a little work. they are by no means in a perfect position. i can agree that right now they, and all ranged specs in general, are a little too far behind. personally im waiting to see how the new changes in 1.4 will effect scaling and such. i also agree that due to the essence of macros rogues and warriors are much easier to play well than mages are.

    as to the issues i see, bluedot has offered more constructive advice on how to make due with what you have than most of the rest of the whiners.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Shhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    as to the issues i see, bluedot has offered more constructive advice on how to make due with what you have than most of the rest of the whiners.
    Recently perhaps. But people like Arianna and I have been helping people since early beta. So we dont write guides anymore, but we did when noone even knew how to begin with mage. But we were realistic with it too and while I think Bluedot's intentions are good I simply think they're skewed thats all.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Kutiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Uhm. Me
    As some have already said I am the ciderhelm and bluedot equivalent for cleric tanks. But I don't have my own site so you will find my guide, spreadsheet and other information on the cleric forum. (I should really learn how to make a site )
    We just need you and that other guy who likes the math to make a site together. \<.</ God I'm so bad at names but I like his numbers ;-;
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts