+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blades and Anathema

Rift Disciple

Default Blades and Anathema

They still stack?

On test they stack as well.

For those that dont know thats a 100% stacking Heal debuff.

Need I ask why?

Telaran

at some point people should learn to dispel. Adapt to the game not the game to your laziness

back to the undergrowth doing troll stuff..... ;)
    Bananari - LvL 5x Warrior
    Sobasaa - LvL 5x Cleric
    Macabri - LvL 5x Rogue
    Chlora - LvL 5x Mage

They do a different effect on the targets and thats is why they can both be applied.
    Blades lowers the healing that your target receives.
    Anathema lowers the outgoing heal of the target.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    They do a different effect on the targets and thats is why they can both be applied.
    Blades lowers the healing that your target receives.
    Anathema lowers the outgoing heal of the target.
    I thought Anathema was being changed to reduce healing received, hence not being able to stack with Lingering Wounds and Trauma.

Currently rumors are that the overall healing nerf to clerics is roughly 5-10% on PTS.

Even if Fell Blades and Anathema still stack with the updated Anathema, I doubt it'll do much overall.

Sure it'll help, but it's not 100% debuff.

the stack is multiplicative meaning 75% overall.

so say X target takes 100 health from healing. Fell Blades reduces it by 50% making it do 50 health.

Once Anathema is applied, the same heal reduces the 50 health by 50% making the target receive 25 healing.

75%.

L2Math

Quote Originally Posted by EmblemLord View Post
    I thought Anathema was being changed to reduce healing received, hence not being able to stack with Lingering Wounds and Trauma.
    Oh,i wasn't aware of that,but anyway what Skyline said is true and it works like this in both ways,so i dont see any reason for them to change it

Ascendant

Looks like NB/dominator specs are going to be the scissors vs. paper healing.

I don't know much about warriors, but how far into a tree/viable for every build is lingering wounds? Seems like every warrior runs it pretty much while we are funneled into 44pt MM builds or 30+ NB builds for our heal debuffs
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Looks like NB/dominator specs are going to be the scissors vs. paper healing.

I don't know much about warriors, but how far into a tree/viable for every build is lingering wounds? Seems like every warrior runs it pretty much while we are funneled into 44pt MM builds or 30+ NB builds for our heal debuffs
    sad but true.

WRU DAoC 2.

**** you 5 minute edit window.

I recently tried out a new spec after growing slightly tired of 51 nb/ 15 inf

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rfx0bodbR.VGoo

rotation was, Stealth > Expose Weakness > Shadow Stalk > Jagged > Puncture > Impale > SS/FB spam

nothing died. But in turn I never died, not with the 42% redux from valor, 6% redux from Exceptional Resilliance, 6% redux from Bolster, 15% redux from cloak and dagger and 15% redux from planes shifting.

But seriously you can't kill anything without fell blades/anathema if there are healers around...

Guess I have to stick to NB

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    **** you 5 minute edit window.

I recently tried out a new spec after growing slightly tired of 51 nb/ 15 inf

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rfx0bodbR.VGoo

rotation was, Stealth > Expose Weakness > Shadow Stalk > Jagged > Puncture > Impale > SS/FB spam

nothing died. But in turn I never died, not with the 42% redux from valor, 6% redux from Exceptional Resilliance, 6% redux from Bolster, 15% redux from cloak and dagger and 15% redux from planes shifting.

But seriously you can't kill anything without fell blades/anathema if there are healers around...

Guess I have to stick to NB
    I've never liked NB, I specced into it for 1 day and didn't enjoy it at all compared to sin or MM. It is getting a decent buff in 1.4 though so maybe I'll try it again then
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    Oh,i wasn't aware of that,but anyway what Skyline said is true and it works like this in both ways,so i dont see any reason for them to change it
    Healing in WFs is already heavily punished by every rogue and warrior speccing for debuffs and every mage running dom or getting just enough for a debuff as well. Further nerfs to healing (for instance, letting rogues stack 75% healing received debuffs on players, and global reduction in healing to critical abilities like HB which have a cooldown, yes that's right-- a cooldown, for a reason simply because it's instant cast) will only make the few people who are insane enough to heal in WFs stop entirely.

I don't see how this is good.

Our healing actually needs a slight buff as well as mana regen (for healing clerics, anyway, everyone else is fine). What was needed, and is still needed, is simply logical. Valor should add mitigation from both player damage AND player healing. That is all. A flat nerf to healing makes R1s with no gear impossible to keep alive but still doesn't take the edge off of a super-healed R6 warrior mowing down everyone in his path.

The availability and uptime of existing 50% heal debuffs should be severely limited in light of a change like this, however. They are absurdly overpowered as-is and only people desperate to keep them would disagree. The only ability in the game a healer has that can impact a DPS in a similar manner is HC and it's a 40% damage reduction for TEN SECONDS giving it at best a 1/6 uptime (1 min debuff applied, and a 2m cooldown per cleric), and to top it all off, it can be purged. If I could keep HC up 90% of the time, and on multiple targets, I'd agree with the existence of abilities that permit a single player to debuff (uncleansable, too in the case of warriors) an entire party. There is no status quo here.

Nothing so sane will ever happen, though. As it stands, healers are super heavily punished in PvP. As a result, clerics are forced to dps or do something gimmicky like hybrid (which is less useful even since healing is usually not an option and DoL will usually only prolong the inevitable). And since our melee dps builds are so squishy and offer pathetic DPS and utility (nobody druids in PvP, you'll die instantly or have no pet) in comparison to other callings, they're trash. That leaves us with RDPS (the lowest in the game by a solid 30% with no utility, and then there's cab with all utility and no dps) and gimmick builds. It's no wonder why clerics don't PvP often.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Healing in WFs is already heavily punished by every rogue and warrior speccing for debuffs and every mage running dom or getting just enough for a debuff as well. Further nerfs to healing (for instance, letting rogues stack 75% healing received debuffs on players, and global reduction in healing to critical abilities like HB which have a cooldown, yes that's right-- a cooldown, for a reason simply because it's instant cast) will only make the few people who are insane enough to heal in WFs stop entirely.

I don't see how this is good.

Our healing actually needs a slight buff as well as mana regen (for healing clerics, anyway, everyone else is fine). What was needed, and is still needed, is simply logical. Valor should add mitigation from both player damage AND player healing. That is all. A flat nerf to healing makes R1s with no gear impossible to keep alive but still doesn't take the edge off of a super-healed R6 warrior mowing down everyone in his path.

The availability and uptime of existing 50% heal debuffs should be severely limited in light of a change like this, however. They are absurdly overpowered as-is and only people desperate to keep them would disagree. The only ability in the game a healer has that can impact a DPS in a similar manner is HC and it's a 40% damage reduction for TEN SECONDS giving it at best a 1/6 uptime (1 min debuff applied, and a 2m cooldown per cleric), and to top it all off, it can be purged. If I could keep HC up 90% of the time, and on multiple targets, I'd agree with the existence of abilities that permit a single player to debuff (uncleansable, too in the case of warriors) an entire party. There is no status quo here.

Nothing so sane will ever happen, though. As it stands, healers are super heavily punished in PvP. As a result, clerics are forced to dps or do something gimmicky like hybrid (which is less useful even since healing is usually not an option and DoL will usually only prolong the inevitable). And since our melee dps builds are so squishy and offer pathetic DPS and utility (nobody druids in PvP, you'll die instantly or have no pet) in comparison to other callings, they're trash. That leaves us with RDPS (the lowest in the game by a solid 30% with no utility, and then there's cab with all utility and no dps) and gimmick builds. It's no wonder why clerics don't PvP often.
    hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i don't know what game you've been playing but when i run into those select few clerics who don't drop below 90% health even with anathema AND fell blades, I contemplate hitting the cancel button and going back to daoc.

which by the way those SELECT FEW clerics are multiplying like rabbits.
    Last edited by Skyline; 07-19-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macabri View Post
    at some point people should learn to dispel. Adapt to the game not the game to your laziness

back to the undergrowth doing troll stuff..... ;)
    Well sadly thats not going to happen. People should have learned to dispel split personality, but instead they just kept spamming their one button damage macro so Trion is nerfing split personality.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i don't know what game you've been playing but when i run into those select few clerics who don't drop below 90% health even with anathema AND fell blades, I contemplate hitting the cancel button and going back to daoc.

which by the way those SELECT FEW clerics are multiplying like rabbits.
    Unfounded claim #1. I'm counting, continue....

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Well sadly thats not going to happen. People should have learned to dispel split personality, but instead they just kept spamming their one button damage macro so Trion is nerfing split personality.
    Except Anathema puts a stack 5-high and unless we're puri (there may be a few, but most won't be) we can't cleanse but 1 at a time (we can get higher than 1/GCD by using the dispel over time but who the hell does). So if put on a healer, it requires in best-case 4 GCDs back-to-back to remove (but usually 5) which is just as fast as it'd go away if that person was spamming instant-cast abilities.

So while we see anathema go up on us, we cannot usually "cleanse it" -- and I would imagine that new one on 1.4 isn't classified as a poison so we can't cleanse it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    They still stack?

On test they stack as well.

For those that dont know thats a 100% stacking Heal debuff.

Need I ask why?
    It is actually 75% and it is probably a bug since anathema no longer stacks with any other heal debuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast