+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eradicate change suggestion

Telaran

Default Eradicate change suggestion

I know this is going to cause screaming, and thats all well and good, but I feel this could make Eradicate a more tactically useful ability, instead of a spam it to you drop ability.

Currently : 0 sec cooldown, removes 2 buffs.

My suggestion: 30 second cooldown, buffs your own damage by 15% for 6 seconds, removes ALL buffs from the target, but shields him from all incoming damage for 2 seconds.

And no, this is not a troll thread, this is a completely serious suggestion.
    My point of it is that this would make the ability something that you can time to open a window where you can completely take someone out. You will have a 4 second window where you have a really good hand on him.

A ParaChamp can self-buff 3 buffs.

A BM/Pal/Rift can self-buff 10 buffs.

The former might not see the 3 buffs gone every 30s as bad (a VK can kill 3 every 15s, Inq 2 every 10s, Nec 1 every 5s, Infil 1 every 3s, ArchM 3 every 30s).

The latter might have an aneurysm.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Doesn't sound good. All buffs sounds op. Picture a VK/Reaver/Pala with 40+ buffs ( the crest, pacts buffs, power from the masses and etc. ) and you use 1 ability to eradicate everything. Since i am on the creativity wave let me propose something too :
    Eradicate - removes 1 buff from the enemy target. This ability is not affected by global CD. Has a 15 second CD. 50 energy cost
    Add a second 44p ability. Something like :
    <ability name> -While active,increases the energy cost of abilities by 5. Abilities used have a 15 % chance to add <effect name> on the enemy target. Stacks up to 5 times. For every stack eradicate removes one additional buff from the enemy target and deals x air damage. Energy cost of eradicate is reduced with more stacks.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 07-19-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Doesn't sound good. All buffs sounds op. Picture a VK/Reaver/Pala with 40+ buffs ( the crest, pacts buffs, power from the masses and etc. ) and you use 1 ability to eradicate everything. Since i am on the creativity wave let me propose something too :
    Eradicate - removes 1 buff from the enemy target. This ability is not affected by global CD. Has a 15 second CD. 50 energy cost
    Add a second 44p ability. Something like :
    <ability name> -While active,increases the energy cost of abilities by 5. Abilities used have a 15 % chance to add <effect name> on the enemy target. Stacks up to 5 times. For every stack eradicate removes one additional buff from the enemy target and deals x air damage. Energy cost of eradicate is reduced with more stacks.
    how about this:
    5s CD, removes all buffs, for every buff removed does weapon+100 damage, 10 energy

Or this:
    0s CD, removes 1 buff, prevents buffs from being applied for 10s, 10 energy

I swear, eradicate complainers are so last patch.

With all the threads complaining about Eradicate being OP, I don't understand what goes through people's minds when they come and ask for it to be buffed.

Oh by the way, I think we could improve paragon if every ability hit 15% harder. And maybe adding 1-2 more off-the-GCD abilities.
    Last edited by GriffonHawke; 07-19-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Oh by the way, I think we could improve paragon if every ability hit 15% harder. And maybe adding 1-2 more off-the-GCD abilities.
    Defiant Paragons should be able to dual-wield rocket launching Gunblades...
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Champion

How about we leave eradicate exactly as it is, because it's fine and is a specific rogue hard counter to buff heavy classes?
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlis View Post
    How about we leave eradicate exactly as it is, because it's fine and is a specific rogue hard counter to buff heavy classes?
    How about we leave it as it is while reducing the number of buffs some Souls need to cast - making them passives instead of buffs?

How about we leave it as it is while changing what buffs can be purged - limiting the number of self-buffs (actual buffs, not triggered buffs) and letting those raid buffs disappear at will?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    A ParaChamp can self-buff 3 buffs.

A BM/Pal/Rift can self-buff 10 buffs.

The former might not see the 3 buffs gone every 30s as bad (a VK can kill 3 every 15s, Inq 2 every 10s, Nec 1 every 5s, Infil 1 every 3s, ArchM 3 every 30s).

The latter might have an aneurysm.
    This is kind of my point though, having it on a long cooldown, with a MASSIVE effect like removing all the buffs like I said, will be make it a huge tactical ability, instead of a spammaroohoowhoopdido.

Make its cooldown 45 secs, I dont care. But make it a tactical thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalPotential View Post
    This is kind of my point though, having it on a long cooldown, with a MASSIVE effect like removing all the buffs like I said, will be make it a huge tactical ability, instead of a spammaroohoowhoopdido.

Make its cooldown 45 secs, I dont care. But make it a tactical thing.
    It already is a tactical thing - you aren't dealing damage when you cast it. Sacrificing damage for utility: TACTICS!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlis View Post
    This.

It's nice to see there are players who "get it". I have a 44 point mm eradicate build, and while I rarely use it (it does zero damage and does not generate combo points...spam it and see yourself at the bottom of the scorecard every time) there are some cleric and warrior buff builds that are practically invincible without the eradicate counter.

Every class, every build needs a foil. What amuses me is the noise a group of players will make over a very specific build of an otherwise mediocre class tree that can cause them problems.

"Balance" to these players = "Make my build a whirling dervish of unrelenting destruction" on the battlefield. These builds with buff bars longer than the wall of text this reply is becoming.

Last note...Guess how many self buffs my op'd eradicate build gives me? That's right, Zero. If my eradicate is so annoying to you, so game breaking to you, kill me. This build makes me more fragile than a foot bound geisha with forks in her eyes.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thorazine View Post
    This.

It's nice to see there are players who "get it". I have a 44 point mm eradicate build, and while I rarely use it (it does zero damage and does not generate combo points...spam it and see yourself at the bottom of the scorecard every time) there are some cleric and warrior buff builds that are practically invincible without the eradicate counter.

Every class, every build needs a foil. What amuses me is the noise a group of players will make over a very specific build of an otherwise mediocre class tree that can cause them problems.

"Balance" to these players = "Make my build a whirling dervish of unrelenting destruction" on the battlefield. These builds with buff bars longer than the wall of text this reply is becoming.

Last note...Guess how many self buffs my op'd eradicate build gives me? That's right, Zero. If my eradicate is so annoying to you, so game breaking to you, kill me. This build makes me more fragile than a foot bound geisha with forks in her eyes.
    Wow, so much ignorance. Some souls have buffs that are required for them to function on a basic level and for some reason (way outdated design) they are not passive. Purging them is basically a 5 second stun and mana drain (with no cooldown) as they have to reapply them to function.
    You are a clueless player abusing an overpowered ability with little grasp of what is happening when you mash it- I like the part where you implied the scoreboard matters, too. Funny.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 07-21-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    how about this:
    5s CD, removes all buffs, for every buff removed does weapon+100 damage, 10 energy

Or this:
    0s CD, removes 1 buff, prevents buffs from being applied for 10s, 10 energy

I swear, eradicate complainers are so last patch.
    10s CD, removes 2 buffs gain one combo point, for every buff removed does weapon+50 damage and gain combo points, 10 energy

Plane Touched

Default Damage.

As far as I know when you are casting eradicate over and over you are doing no damage so it seems like a good trade off to me. I would love if a marksmen with powerfull burst damage just sat back and removed my buffs while i keep adding them back on. The good ones tend to just shoot an arrow in my eye.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    How about we leave it as it is while reducing the number of buffs some Souls need to cast - making them passives instead of buffs?

How about we leave it as it is while changing what buffs can be purged - limiting the number of self-buffs (actual buffs, not triggered buffs) and letting those raid buffs disappear at will?
    I am glad you asked! I suggest "no" to both questions.

Being buff heavy is a weakness of the soul. If these core buffs are required for a class to function, then maybe they should be immune to purging, or at least require multiple attempts, however I can say for certain that no buffs in the warrior tree meet this requirement. Pretty sure there are none in rogue too. Is this a cleric/mage thing?
    Last edited by Karlis; 07-21-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast