+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I almost beat a warrior

Plane Touched

Sure do, and I have a mage as well. My point is not to justify one class' ability using another but to point out that comparing them is not really applicable or useful for drawing conclusions because the things required to make them happen are just too different.

Soulwalker

You lost all credibility when you referred to warriors as glass cannons. A Pyro with literally half the hps of our warrior is a glass cannon. You're an iron cannon. Please stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    I'm not saying mages are fine like they are, i actually agree they're a little weak but i am saying, don't nerf all the other classes to make one even with them, instead buff that class where they're even with the others.

I think warriors are fine like they are, they're a big enough threat now you need to get rid of them or they can cause some serious damage, but in order for them to be able to do that damage they're basically a glass cannon so in turn they're easy to get rid of, unless they have a pocket healer but any class with somebody keeping them alive would do the same thing

Ascendant

So your complaining about dieing to somebody while your probably wearing mostly rank 2 maybe some rank 3 gear probably fighting somebody thats decked out in rank 5/6 gear?
    Probably because no other geared R6 class is taking him down as fast as warriors do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaely View Post
    You lost all credibility when you referred to warriors as glass cannons. A Pyro with literally half the hps of our warrior is a glass cannon. You're an iron cannon. Please stop posting.
    Alright, glass cannon might not have been the right word for it, i meant it in the way that warriors have no way to heal themselves with that spec, 2 defensive skills (both with a 1min+ cooldown), and even then they only increase your parry for a couple seconds. Making it where unless they have a healer backing them up they cant just stand there with a bunch of people beating on them, they die quick when they have pressure put on them.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    Getting 1shot from a warrior? Blame the rest of your team for not killing him/her before they had a chance to get all their buffs / procs rolling. Then blame yourself for being within 20 meters of a fully buffed warrior.
    That's the same excuse that was used for Sabs and Pyros - just kill them before they kill you, duh! Both got nerfed because people don't want to die in the space of two seconds, no matter how long the ramp up (especially when that ramp up can be used on someone else or even a pet). Champignons need the same treatment, though it's dubious if they will get it seeing as "warriors are fine".

Making it where unless they have a healer backing them up they cant just stand there with a bunch of people beating on them, they die quick when they have pressure put on them.
    I'd also like to add, the sky is blue.

But seriously, context does matter when discussing balance issues. I wish there would be some agreement to what context would provide a meaningful framework for such discussion. Although I'm inexperienced, I don't believe duels (i.e. 1v1), or zergs provide meaningful context. The "weak without a pocket healer" is also a poor argument. Everyone is weaker without backup, particularly heals.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

XiL

ITT: People getting focused fired by Marksman while warrior jumps around them auto-attacking and being healed by a cleric while being buffed by a bard with runspeed in combat.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

must be wrong built, i have 3 pocket healers and they are all able to survive average rogue+warrior's attack for practically the whole minute :O
    Dayblind - Defiant Warrior (previously from Briarcliff)
    Icywind - Rank 6

I rolled into a PvP server, not a flag running server

Plane Touched

Sab got nice burst dps too sometimes, 4700 damage, had 700~valor :

http://i.imgur.com/ZGibr.jpg

And DPS still don't have their rank8 weapons yet...but yeah, nerf healing.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    I lose to people that play better than me.

I beat people that play worse than me.

Please buff me when im playing against people that are better pvp'ers.

Also, wtf @ 8 hits in 1 second. You're not fooling anyone.

2 shot, really? These claims are stupid.
    Looks more like the OP lost his Enterkey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4