+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eradicate Eradicate

Default Eradicate Eradicate

The thing that I have noticed while suffering a minor case of the Altitis, is that the fun does not disappear from WFs at 50. It actually starts before you cross that threshold from 49 into 50-land.

Sure, in the 10-19 bracket - you're already going to be facing Consumption, Purge, and Spell Sunder. But face it, none of those are Eradicate. You continue on up through the brackets - having fun... winning some, losing some. You know that 50-land is there, and that you'll likely work on another alt as soon as you hit 50 again, but you're having fun...winning some, losing some.

Then you hit the 40-49 bracket; and your fun is eradicated by Eradicate.

Focus him down they say... yep, the guy that is behind the meatshields and the ginsu guys... the guy that is behind the DPS casters and healers... yep, that guy - the one back there. Er...sure.

They say it does not do any damage...nope, not at all. It removes buffs that reduce damage though. So targets take more damage. It removes buffs that increase endurance...so targets have less health. It removes HoTs... it removes buffs that increase damage. No, it does not do any damage... it is far more heinous an ability than that - it is far more insidious in what it does. Eradicate eradicates the fun.

It has kind of slipped from the front page - there are many other concerns out there with where the game is going.

Perhaps, in my opinion, it is a problem that should not be forgotten...

...perhaps, in your opinion, you feel the same.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Touched

Haha yep

I have an MM, if I want to spam eradicate it is hard to stop.

Its an OP ability. Really should have a short timer, like 4 seconds. Or be part of any MM on a 10 second cool down like other buff removers and just get anotehr 44 point ability.

The problem is the number of buffs/HoTs/shields in Rift. Really need ways to remove em but Eradicate is a little too easy. Still, it is on only one char and MMs are squishy. Rogues can do a number on an MM, that is who usually stops me from going off, Sin builds in the backlines. Doms can be a real pain as well, squirrel or power removal, both not fun.

I think that would likely be the better point to address - the buffs.

What buffs should be (are) passive - as in, the Soul falls apart without them - and then things that are active...which would make sense with them getting purged.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

IMO Eradicate has little effect over the bigger picture. You can't drop a premade by eradicating hots and buffs.

I keep getting told that this is an MMO & I should expect to game against premades. If that holds true then nerfing a talent that may be effective 1 v1 holds no water.
    Last edited by Morituri; 07-18-2011 at 03:41 AM.

They are already moving more buffs to be unpurgable like Life Giving Veil. If they make more buffs unpurgable then there is no point in having the ability to begin with. Eradicate over all doesn't kill a person. It is the people that are hitting the person that just got purged. So by itself it is not OP at all. Especially not anymore. Let's focus on the abilities that are truly OP before we suggest changes for abilities that are already being brought in line.
    Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts - Defiant - Molinar
    Vinzan - 50 Rogue Rank 4/Dragonskin - 50 Warrior Rank 2/Sairen - 50 mage Rank 2
    Threesprings - Defiant
    Kurra - 40 Cleric

Rift Disciple

I say we keep it like it is. It has no dmg and its one of the few things I have seen that can take down a rank 6 warden... let me rephrase that as it has no dmg it helps take down rank 6 wardens. I can watch them HoT themselves and instant cast heals and take hits from 4 people. Throw an MM with Eradicate and most likely that healer is toast. Like someone said its not a game breaking ability so either kill the MM or at least send them packing backwards and out of range.
    Last edited by Razaden; 07-18-2011 at 04:26 AM.

The ability to dispel magical effects is very powerful. As such, it should require some kind of proportional penalty(ies) to utilize, such as:
    - a cast time
    - a cooldown time
    - high mana/energy/charge/focus cost

I'm completely against the idea of 'undispellable' buffs. If a buff is completely essential to the workings of a class/spec (i.e. Lifegiving Veil), then it's a core ability/mechanic and should not be treated as a 'buff'. It should be baked into the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    IMO Eradicate has little effect over the bigger picture. You can't drop a premade by eradicating hots and buffs.

I keep getting told that this is an MMO & I should expect to game against premades. If that holds true then nerfing a talent that may be effective 1 v1 holds no water.
    Oh yes you can.

One single MM erad spammer premade vs premade:

"Everyone focus Pesmergia the Cleric"

"Ok Erad spam"

I die 4 seconds later.

In 940+ valor a cleric has no survivability against erad spam, especially with a premade coordinating a MM to erad spam while an assist train, big fat line of 6 players bee-lines for you.

You will die, and fast.

Even through 940 valor healing through a single Pyromancer in equal gear is a chore, they can easily solo you without eradicate in the picture, just from inferno finisher alone, and the 50% faster casting speed buff + instant cast.

Even against 6 geared players I can survive maybe 8 seconds tops, poping every cooldown I have, even after 8 seconds I'm done without an eradicate spammer on me.

With one on me? i'll survive maybe 2-4 seconds if I am lucky and get a string of heal crits from insta cast healing invocation with tidal surge buff critting for 5.5k without heal debuff, IF that happens, I'll survive 4 seconds, if not, I'm gone in 2.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 07-18-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Oh yes you can.

"Ok Erad spam"

I die 4 seconds later.

In 940+ valor a cleric has no survivability against erad spam, especially with a premade coordinating a MM to erad spam while an assist train, big fat line of 6 players bee-lines for you.

You will die, and fast.

Even through 940 valor healing through a single Pyromancer in equal gear is a chore, they can easily solo you without eradicate in the picture, just from inferno finisher alone, and the 50% faster casting speed buff + instant cast.

Even against 6 geared players I can survive maybe 8 seconds tops, poping every cooldown I have, even after 8 seconds I'm done without an eradicate spammer on me.

With one on me? i'll survive maybe 2-4 seconds if I am lucky and get a string of heal crits from insta cast healing invocation with tidal surge buff critting for 5.5k without heal debuff, IF that happens, I'll survive 4 seconds, if not, I'm gone in 2.
    Your 1st example sounds more like a problem you had getting focus fired rather than eradicated. Do you really expect to stay up with hots while you're focused fired by a geared premade? If they're communicating then surely you have a healer debuff on you. Eradicate is moot; you might go stay up a couple more seconds without it. Also you getting focus fired does not equate to eradicate dropping a premade.

Going down in 8 seconds 1v1? Come on hard to believe if you're R6 geared. Perhaps you should learn to use some of your other skills than just hots if that's really the case.

I'm not flaming you but I think your story is a stretch.
    Last edited by Morituri; 07-18-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Oh yes you can.

"Ok Erad spam"

I die 4 seconds later.

You will die, and fast.

if you are dying 1v1 in 8 seconds as a r6 cleric sounds like a spec problem.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Sure, in the 10-19 bracket - you're already going to be facing Consumption, Purge, and Spell Sunder. But face it, none of those are Eradicate. You continue on up through the brackets - having fun... winning some, losing some. You know that 50-land is there, and that you'll likely work on another alt as soon as you hit 50 again, but you're having fun...winning some, losing some.

Then you hit the 40-49 bracket; and your fun is eradicated by Eradicate.

Focus him down they say... yep, the guy that is behind the meatshields and the ginsu guys... the guy that is behind the DPS casters and healers... yep, that guy - the one back there. Er...sure.

They say it does not do any damage...nope, not at all. It removes buffs that reduce damage though. So targets take more damage. It removes buffs that increase endurance...so targets have less health. It removes HoTs... it removes buffs that increase damage. No, it does not do any damage... it is far more heinous an ability than that - it is far more insidious in what it does. Eradicate eradicates the fun.
    The current implementation of eradicate speaks of the laziness of the developers. Figure out what buffs you want to stay and what buffs deserve to be removed, jerks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    if you are dying 1v1 in 8 seconds as a r6 cleric sounds like a spec problem.
    This. You have more then 1 tree, make use. As warden/sentinel/templar eradicate means very little

Oh yes you can.

"Ok Erad spam"

I die 4 seconds later.

You will die, and fast.

Using a premade vs premade argument is a bad idea. Basically you are just highlighting how a premade with communication can be effect in any situation. No where in your post does it make Eradicate sound like an OP ability. Plus, for your argument you could always have a MM in your premade and then both sides are on equal footing. You can focus fire their healers and come out on top.

All you said was being focus fired = bad times for you.
    Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts - Defiant - Molinar
    Vinzan - 50 Rogue Rank 4/Dragonskin - 50 Warrior Rank 2/Sairen - 50 mage Rank 2
    Threesprings - Defiant
    Kurra - 40 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDruidSS View Post
    Using a premade vs premade argument is a bad idea. Basically you are just highlighting how a premade with communication can be effect in any situation. No where in your post does it make Eradicate sound like an OP ability. Plus, for your argument you could always have a MM in your premade and then both sides are on equal footing. You can focus fire their healers and come out on top.

All you said was being focus fired = bad times for you.
    i think he was tryign to say he would lasted 2-4 seconds longer if no eradicate lol

Banned

Yup its that complete non issue thread again - despite the attempts of a tiny minority of incompetants eradicate reamins as is and is as intended. Not overpowered, not underpowered, fine as is.

If you're dying because of eradicate - well you're not dying because of eradicate. You're dying because you're bad and you're blaming it on eradicate.

lol gotta love these noob threads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast