+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Is there a happy median?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default Is there a happy median?

    I really love my cleric for AOE dps soloing it makes questing and leveling so much fun, but it offers single target slow leveling while my cleric rocks it out. Then on to pvp I love my Ranger/Marksman in PvP the versatility and such that the cleric just does not have.

    Is there a class/spec that is at least somewhere close to what I am seeking?

  2. #2
    Rift Master GriffonHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I believe warriors have specs that can AoE grind in pve and also many versatile pvp specs.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    I believe warriors have specs that can AoE grind in pve and also many versatile pvp specs.
    Bah Warriors are so boring to play

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    You can have five different roles. I'm not sure what the problem is in finding a build that makes you happy for each of the situations you find yourself in.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    You can have five different roles. I'm not sure what the problem is in finding a build that makes you happy for each of the situations you find yourself in.
    Perhaps it is the fact that I have not found a good aoe spec for the Rogue class.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Saboteur .
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautika View Post
    Perhaps it is the fact that I have not found a good aoe spec for the Rogue class.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ated-for-1.3#2 has some builds in, including an AoE grind spec for rogues.

    Then of course you can make your own with Saboteur and other soul combinations.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ated-for-1.3#2 has some builds in, including an AoE grind spec for rogues.

    Then of course you can make your own with Saboteur and other soul combinations.
    Thanks I will try out this aoe build(s) and see how they are..

    PS how does your Pyro/Chloro do looks really interesting...

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser extinction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautika View Post
    Bah Warriors are so boring to play
    more like so broken OP

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautika View Post
    Thanks I will try out this aoe build(s) and see how they are..

    PS how does your Pyro/Chloro do looks really interesting...
    It does quite well, it rather fun to decide whether to throw out a Fireball or Vile Spores, being able to chuck out lots of burst (Through instant casts from Opportunity and Pyromancer Armour) and doing nice healing with Bloom + Flourish.

    I've currently used it in PvP to great effect, being soloing quite well with it (I only take things out one at a time, but can survive 5-6 things attacking me at once) and have used it in a support role in dungeons (I did reasonable damage while being able to assist with healing with Bloom + Flourish)
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

  11. #11
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Bladeriftsin (aka Cuisinart spec) is amazing for rogue AOE. Well, it's not really AOE so much as it is pulling a buttload of mobs and killing them one by one really quickly and getting massive self-heals, but still.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts