+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul and Class Descriptions on the website

Default Soul and Class Descriptions on the website

Hi Trion,

I was curious when you were going to update the class descriptions on the website.

For example this is the Paragon's description

The Paragon moves like a furious storm, never giving his enemy time to regroup. A master of dual-wielding, he uses parries and disciplined forms to build up power attacks and stay out of danger.
    Strengths

With a finely tuned mind and body, the Paragon wields two weapons to perfection, devastating his enemies. Paragons specialize in dealing consistent damage, and can also hit their enemies from range.
    Weaknesses

Paragons suffer against healers who can outpace their steady damage output, and these methodical warriors tend to be weaker against opponents who specialize in burst damage.

Paragons do some heavy burst damage and it says they are supposed to be constant damage.

This is the Pyromancer description

Pyromancers are destructive mages whose sole focus is the mastery of fire, from launching massive incinerating blasts, to trapping their opponents behind a smoldering wall of flame. No other Ascended can match the sheer destruction at the Pyromancer’s fingertips.
    Strengths

Pyromancers keep their enemies at bay with well-placed fire spells, until they can be immolated at the Pyromancer’s leisure.
    Weaknesses

Pyromancers excel at roasting their enemies from afar, and so must be wary of foes able to charge into melee quickly or defend themselves against searing flames.

I really don't think they can do this.

Assassin

Masters of subtlety and subterfuge, an Assassin’s ability to walk in the shadows allows them to bypass obstacles and launch devastating surprise attacks. A rare few survive the initial assault, only to succumb to virulent poisons.
    Strengths

Assassins are trained to meld with the shadows, bypassing defenses and launching potent surprise attacks with their poisoned blades.
    Weaknesses

Assassins must choose their targets carefully, or wind up in desperate straits if they forfeit the element of surprise or attack a foe who can shrug off the venom from their blades.
    Assassin History

The dwarf Veseslav grew up in the shadows of Hammerknell knowing one truth: the queen of the dwarves had killed his mother, and one day she would die for it. Veseslav’s father was King of Hammerknell, his mother one of the queen’s comely handmaidens. The jealous queen had the young woman murdered, but not before the child could be spirited away.

If their blades are poison then why cant we cleanse them?

Shaman

The Shaman binds the power of the icy north to his very being, wreathing himself in pure elemental force. This power augments a Shaman’s attacks, making him a powerful melee combatant, and provides shields and reactive healing.
    Strengths

A Shaman strikes hard and fast like the fury of a winter storm. He can quickly close into melee and unleash powerful blows fueled by muscle and magic.
    Weaknesses

Shamans lack other clerics’ abilities to bolster defenses and heal grievous wounds, so they fare poorly against foes with a strong defense of their own or those who can keep them at bay.

they can do heavy damage...really where is this?

What I am saying Trion is this, we all did our research on your class descriptions now they are completely different than what you intended them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    Hi Trion,

This is the Pyromancer description

Pyromancers are self-destructive mages whose sole focus is the mastery of fire, from launching average warming blasts, to shoot a beam that can barely light a torch. Each other Ascended should easily match the sheer destruction at the Pyromancer’s fingertips in order to not be be ridiculous.

Strengths

Pyromancers annoy their enemies with flashy fire spells that can give the illusion that something big is happening, thus confusing the enemy.

Weaknesses

Pyromancers may try roasting their enemies from afar, and so must be wary of foes able to charge into melee quickly beacuse the little flames can be very annoying to see. Furthermore pyromancers are the preferred targets for warriors and rogues that want an easy revenge after being killed from non-mages foes.
    I want this on the pyromancer description.

Soulwalker

Default Really????

Ugghhh, you people will just find ANYTHING to whine and moan about these days.
    I mean seriously, did you actually run out of things from IN THE GAME to complain about so now you have to move on to knit-picking the website?
    And before you come out and say "Researching the website descriptions is how I decided what calling what I wanted to play", there are descriptions of what each soul is in game at the point in the very beginning when you choose your first soul. Are they detailed enough to tell you exactly what you can and can't do? No, but they give you a basic idea of what it is you're choosing.

The solution is simple, if you like the game and it entertains you, great play the game. If you can't find a calling that you like or the mechanics of the game don't work for you, then stop playing, until the time comes that they fix the game more to your liking.

A game is only a game as long as you enjoy it and it entertains you, when it stops doing that, its not a game anymore and you should move on to something that fills that role.for you, simple as that.

Plane Touched

I understand you love the game and want to protect it as if it were your baby, the 2 post count also explains form which company you come from and we'll leave it at that ... *wink*

But, the truth is the truth and 80% of the posts on this forum and many many others all say the same identical thing : Can't wait for X or Y to come out so that I can leave this ****.

Rift had its chance but lets face it, just check out my sig and you'll understand what it is all about.
    Till x or y are out, I guess we'll stick around spamming a 2 button macro on the para and dps over 9000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Playahr View Post
    I understand you love the game and want to protect it as if it were your baby, the 2 post count also explains form which company you come from and we'll leave it at that ... *wink*

But, the truth is the truth and 80% of the posts on this forum and many many others all say the same identical thing : Can't wait for X or Y to come out so that I can leave this ****.

Rift had its chance but lets face it, just check out my sig and you'll understand what it is all about.
    Till x or y are out, I guess we'll stick around spamming a 2 button macro on the para and dps over 9000.
    You sir, completely missed the point of my post.

Dwarf mages only took 6 years.

+ Reply to Thread