+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any tricks to keep mana regened?

Telaran

Default Any tricks to keep mana regened?

I'm having a horrible time keeping my mana regeneerated. I burn through it like nothing, and I can't regen for nothing. I wouldn't mind if we could pop some potions when ever we're low, but there is a cool down on potions too. I'm finding myself sitting around more than actually playing the game.

Wisdom increases your mana regen. Are you a mage or a cleric? Archon gets Mental Flare at higher levels, Warden gets Cascade too for flat mana cooldowns.

Potions are really cheap to make if you go Apothecary.

Rift Master

Default mp

It'd help to know what class you are.

Wisdom is lousy for regen, never stack it for that reason.

Buy food from the general vedor. Its incredibly cheap and will fill you to full pretty fast. No class should have much downtime while leveling.

Rift Disciple

Default Pick the right souls to combine with your primary soul selection

There are various souls for both clerics and mages that offer extremely good mana-regenerating skills. I have six characters; one is a mage and three are clerics (different specs); as examples:

Mage - Warlock / Chloromancer / Archon - never runs out of mana
    [regen happens by trading health for mana; a few seconds out of combat and health is restored by trading power for health]

Cleric#1 - Druid / Justicar / Shaman - never runs out of mana
    [regen is through two different skills that generate mana with melee hits; when one ability is on cooldown, the other is available]

Pick the right mix of skills; work them into your rotations.

My other two clerics have been similarly set up to be able to regenerate their own mana.

However, I do have alternative soul specs (e.g. pure offensive cleric and pure healing cleric) where mana regeneration is as you describe. If you go for maximum offensive capability or maximum healing, that's the trade-off you make.

Several souls also have skills that reduce mana costs of your other abilities.

Sword of Telara

As a poster above stated, buy some drinks. They are cheap and refill your mana fast between rounds of adventuring.

If you are a mage, there is almost no reason to be out of mana, given how many souls have some sort of early mana regen ability. No clue about clerics.
    Last edited by Bluejaye; 07-15-2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: new post between time of mine

Rift Disciple

Elementalist also has abilities to regen mana both in and out of combat.
    refugee from Corthana and Byriel

Soulwalker

Dominator has mana wrench

Shield of Telara

Necro also has a manaregen spell and Inquisitor also has a sweet mana regen spell for Clerics.

Shield of Telara

I think every Mage soul has a way of repleneshing mana?

Soulwalker

especially in end game content, mana pots become your best friend. They restore 1/4-1/2 of your mana (depending on your wis/int levels)(mighty mana potions) and are integral to any cleric healer's mana regen.

Also, "budget" your mana. If you're in a dungeon healing, don't worry if people aren't topped off. A support class can heal people up, or you can drop a low costing HoT if you want. Be a reaction healer, not a pre-emptive healer (in other words, don't heal unless someone takes damage. don't just keep casting your spells [even if you are a purifier] because you fear someone might start taking loads of damage)

Problem with drinks is if you are in combat you cannot drink.

My problem is that with a full Event open world raid many times I'm the only one heal specced. And then even with Mana wrench type spells etc run out of Mana.

98% DPS....and maybe a tank...maybe

I think the real problem is that i try to heal everyone burning through my mana way faster than normal.

I should let any not in my group die so they pop a spec change to healer after rezzing. Correcting the REAL problem.

Telaran

get the lazy archon in the raid to mental flare you on CD.

Telaran

Well, I'm half ******ed too. I spaced the fact that we can buy those neat dirt cheap drinks that regen you fast out of combat. Those things are really handy, and they just saved their going to save me a bunch of time and money now. Thanks for everyone who responded. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Also, "budget" your mana. If you're in a dungeon healing, don't worry if people aren't topped off. A support class can heal people up, or you can drop a low costing HoT if you want. Be a reaction healer, not a pre-emptive healer (in other words, don't heal unless someone takes damage. don't just keep casting your spells [even if you are a purifier] because you fear someone might start taking loads of damage)
    I strongly disagree with this. No, you don't need to necessarily keep everyone at 100%, if you have a support class that will heal, but reactive healing is how people die if you're sentinel or warden. If you start casting a 3 second heal after the tank starts taking the big numbers, you may or may not have a chance to finish the cast.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Benandorf View Post
    I strongly disagree with this. No, you don't need to necessarily keep everyone at 100%, if you have a support class that will heal, but reactive healing is how people die if you're sentinel or warden. If you start casting a 3 second heal after the tank starts taking the big numbers, you may or may not have a chance to finish the cast.
    Reactive healing is easier when you have tanks with sufficiently large pools of hit points, and there is the obvious advantage of using less mana. If you use the popular 34 purifier/32 sentinel build and you get a serendipity proc when your tank is full, you can safely wait until the tank takes sufficient damage because your next 3 second heal is only a 1.5 second cast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast