+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sentinel announced

Rift Disciple

Default Sentinel announced

Details here (via the Massively site).
    Doh, I just noticed it was already mentioned in another thread here. Feel free to delete this, since I cannot.
    Last edited by Jorval; 08-16-2010 at 03:50 PM.

its a cleric or warrior?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    its a cleric or warrior?
    Cleric, it's clearly stated in the linked article.

What I want to know are they going to exclusivly a chain armor / hammer / shield user?

I would like spec options for robes and staves. If I didnt want to be a battle cleric then fine, but if I want to stand back and do nothign but support and robes gave me extra mana/power pool etc.

I pray this is possible. Even if it is just staves are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    I pray this is possible. Even if it is just staves are possible.
    Um... you do know your entire post is what the split classing multi-soul system is all about, yes?
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    Um... you do know your entire post is what the split classing multi-soul system is all about, yes?
    Um, show me some info that states that gear other than my root class or such is wearable, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Um, show me some info that states that gear other than my root class or such is wearable, yes?
    Specifically mentioned in a dev interview (don't recall which, sorry) that there may be Warriors that want to wear leather due to the stat bonuses.

And again, if you are talking about split-classing into a ranged Cleric class, it's STILL a Cleric class. You aren't breaking out of your "root class" because your "root" is your "Calling", not the "Class". (Also mentioned by a dev is the fact that people may not like the original class they chose and swap that out as well. You aren't "locked" into any choices you make.)

Remember, this isn't like other games where you have a fixed class and that's it. This game is built from the ground up expecting players to split into multiple classes within a "Calling". It's the calling that determines what equipment you can use (though a class may further restrict that), so if you want the 'best' for your Calling, or 'lowest', then you can have it. It doesn't breach any range that's there, it's just at one end of the range.

Note that the "Cleric Calling" picture has someone wearing cloth, while the Sentinel is in Chain. That shows that the range for the calling is between cloth and chain, implying you can use any you desire within that range.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    Specifically mentioned in a dev interview (don't recall which, sorry) that there may be Warriors that want to wear leather due to the stat bonuses.

And again, if you are talking about split-classing into a ranged Cleric class, it's STILL a Cleric class. You aren't breaking out of your "root class" because your "root" is your "Calling", not the "Class". (Also mentioned by a dev is the fact that people may not like the original class they chose and swap that out as well. You aren't "locked" into any choices you make.)

Remember, this isn't like other games where you have a fixed class and that's it. This game is built from the ground up expecting players to split into multiple classes within a "Calling". It's the calling that determines what equipment you can use (though a class may further restrict that), so if you want the 'best' for your Calling, or 'lowest', then you can have it. It doesn't breach any range that's there, it's just at one end of the range.

Note that the "Cleric Calling" picture has someone wearing cloth, while the Sentinel is in Chain. That shows that the range for the calling is between cloth and chain, implying you can use any you desire within that range.
    Understood, however there still appears to be a significant amount of conjecture and no one knows for sure. The other calling do we know for sure that are in robes are not more based on DPS vs. pure healing was my point. Of course we will have to wait and see, and I am completely understanding the mechanic of bouncing around and split/multi mechanics. Thanks for the conversation Rabbit, just trying to state that one calling or multi classes where "specializations" are robes in one class in a calling may be pure DPS spec'd vs. Large mana pools and healing bonus etc.

+ Reply to Thread