+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support/ CC class?

Shadowlander

Default Support/ CC class?

Ok I have been leveling my warrior and he is 33 now. I just started pvp tanking and I find it really fun. I like being able to help out my group by providing buffs (such as that 3% damage reduction and AoE shield) and be able to pull people off my healer and others uses a variety of CC abilities the warrior tank has. My current spec is a mix of warlord and paladin. My question is, am I playing the right class to do this on? Should I role another class like a rogue or possibly mage? I have a lvl 50 cleric but I do find cabalist very irritating as they have to many moves and I don't know how to macro them better. I do like the tanking aspect of the warrior but still, is there a better class out there for this way of pvping?

EDIT
    Also is this type of class viable at 50? Can i still do a nice amount or CC+support and 50 and it not be pointless?
    Last edited by Doctorkaba; 07-12-2011 at 06:42 AM.

A Dom has more than just CC (root, mez, snare, stun), it has resource denial, as well as spell reflection and a full cleanse.

You will however find that you need 3 hotbars filled with buttons and they will all have a distinct purpose. Can't macro anything except for target-helpers.

For example the full cleanse macro may look like this:

#show Deny
    cast @mouseoverui Deny
    cast Deny
    cast @self Deny
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Shadowlander

Well i will level up a mage for a bit and try Dom/sc/cloro for now. Is dom a viable spec at 50?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorkaba View Post
    Well i will level up a mage for a bit and try Dom/sc/cloro for now. Is dom a viable spec at 50?
    Dom is very viable in PVP (ok actually its EXTREMLY powerfull), In terms of raids, lets just say it's problems are "immune" to most fixes

+ Reply to Thread