+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trion is it opposite day everyday with class balance lately?

Rift Disciple

Default Trion is it opposite day everyday with class balance lately?

Sooo why do Warriors get the best burst damage and Mages get the 3rd lowest burst damage?

I was once content with the best burst damage despite lowest survivability and lowest DPS, but you took that away from me and im not dedicated enough to reroll.

Doing DOT's and AOE's that are easily outhealed may top total damage chart, but dont be fooled into thinking that mages "kick ***" in damage.

The lowest survivability class (Mages) should be doing the *best* damage always no matter how much people cry. Just fix your mistake fast because PVP is a big part of this game and most people aren't dedicated enough to reroll.

Plane Touched

Warriors were OP at the begining.. guess they liked it that way.
    20 Mill Lifetime favor and climbing, 270k lifetime kills and climbing.. Owning nubs is a full time job.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shermhead View Post
    The lowest survivability class (Mages) should be doing the *best* damage always no matter how much people cry.
    so you're basicly saying, that because you have the lowest armor etc, but best CC' then you should dish out the highest possible burst aswell?
    CC were last i checked = surviability.
    add to that decent burst (granted, far from equal to a warrior(2h) with all reactives up).
    heals, ranging from 1k non crit and up, while doing decent dmg to your target etc.

i understand that mages in pvp require more then 2 braincells now, but it's time that the mages came down to a equal level compared to the rest of the dps here (warrios and rogues).

mages simply hate that they need skill now, and not a FOTM spec now, to kill others.

let the flames begin.
    Last edited by Looney; 07-12-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Please nerf clerics, mages, rogues, and warriors. Apparently there are some specs that can kill other specs and it is making players QQ. Make sure to use a large enough bat to get them all. Thank you.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    so you're basicly saying, that because you have the lowest armor etc, but best CC' then you should dish out the highest possible burst aswell?
    add to that decent burst (granted, far from equal to a warrior(2h) with all reactives up).
    heals, ranging from 1k non crit and up, while doing decent dmg to your target etc.

i understand that mages in pvp require more then 2 braincells now, but it's time that the mages came down to a equal level compared to the rest of the dps here (warrios and rogues).

mages simply hate that they need skill now, and not a FOTM spec now, to kill others.

let the flames begin.
    So em.. how much spell damage does that plate armor mitigate again?
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.

Who gives a damn about PvP? Its all the people that complain to no end about PvP which makes the game even more unbalanced.
    "QQ Mages do too much burst in PvP. NERF THEM NOW!! QQ"

Trion does so but makes them do s*** in PvE to where people no longer bring them to raids unless their Archon or Chloro. Even in a Top DPS spec they do s*** damage compared to Warriors and Rogues.

Don't like getting killled in PvP, oh well, get over it. It happpens, you respawn and can go kill more people anyway. Doing too little damage, make a class&Soul combo on a new toon to do well in PvP and ignore PvE with it.

Only play a game for the PvP, go play LoL or Bloodline Champions and stop your God damn QQ of every little thing.

And no I don't hate PvP, I do it a lot of the time. But the people that only do it and complain to no end about it need to grow the F*** up and get over themselves and stop being such crybabies.

Flame away I don't really care. But if you have something intelligent to say go right ahead =P.

No matter how many CC's (stuns and roots) you have only 1 will ever fully work due to global break free and DR. If the class has 2 breaks then good bye. Mages derive their defense from CC, with 2 second cast time's for real damage we need it to work... a lot, but it doesn't. Unlike other classes nothing is off GCD, some of the crap doesn't even make sense with the GCD.

Flicker 15m with 1.5 second GCD before you can cast anything, so thats 1.5 seconds plus 2 second cast = 3.5 total, you can walk 15m in less than that.

Dumbest thing is we have 1 skill that makes the next ground mark instant, but there is a 1.5 gcd between the two making it not instant but actually take longer to cast with the instant buff. That crap has been there since day 1 and they haven't fixed it. I mean why bother anyway no one plays it anymore right.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 07-12-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Funny I remember you guys have a polymorph that u can spam over and over. Is that not a cc, last time i checked it was

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyWood View Post
    Funny I remember you guys have a polymorph that u can spam over and over. Is that not a cc, last time i checked it was
    You spam that on the same person over and over and see how well it works...

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyWood View Post
    Squirrel suffers from DR like everything else and can be broken with break free. It's still as useless as it was before the update.

Squirrel him
    break free
    next squirrel has a 50% change to work, if it does it breaks on dmg. (*squirrel is persistent as long as the player is above 85% health)

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    So em.. how much spell damage does that plate armor mitigate again?
    How much spell and physical damage does cloth mitigate again? You get 5% magic reduc for 0 pts in Void.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Soulwalker

let the flames begin.
    i agree with this guy.

I got wrecked by a warrior a few days ago. it was BAD.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    How much spell and physical damage does cloth mitigate again? You get 5% magic reduc for 0 pts in Void.
    So if Im a warrior and spec into survivability I take slightly less damage from spells.
    ..cant mages spec into some form of survivability as well? Last time I checked they can.

So what you are saying, they have a lower survivability against physical dmg, just like everyone else has lower survivability against spells?

Funny thing is I dont even disagree that mages do need some loving. But..
    If you want to do well in pvp you should spec accordingly.
    Specing full dmg without any form of survivability tallens taken is asking to be slaughtered.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    ..cant mages spec into some form of survivability as well? Last time I checked they can.
    31 point lock, 70% dmg mitigation (i think, havent payed attention to it on my mage alt) for XX sec etc, mages do have some options when it comes to defensive skills, but most dont take them.
    so when the non-def mages get owned in WF's, then they come here screaming how their class is UP, when it turns out they are just idio.ts. it's the same for all callings, if you spec pure glass-canon, then you die in a split second, if you go the more defensive way, then you die, but not as fast (pocket healer not includet ofc).
    mages do have some defensive tools they can use, " I R DEEPPEESS", seem to me that that's what all mages think here, forget all about keeping yourself alive then, allways blame the others.
    Please nerf clerics, mages, rogues, and warriors. Apparently there are some specs that can kill other specs and it is making players QQ. Make sure to use a large enough bat to get them all. Thank you.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rottingvomit View Post
    Who gives a damn about PvP? Its all the people that complain to no end about PvP which makes the game even more unbalanced.
    "QQ Mages do too much burst in PvP. NERF THEM NOW!! QQ"

Trion does so but makes them do s*** in PvE to where people no longer bring them to raids unless their Archon or Chloro. Even in a Top DPS spec they do s*** damage compared to Warriors and Rogues.

Don't like getting killled in PvP, oh well, get over it. It happpens, you respawn and can go kill more people anyway. Doing too little damage, make a class&Soul combo on a new toon to do well in PvP and ignore PvE with it.

Only play a game for the PvP, go play LoL or Bloodline Champions and stop your God damn QQ of every little thing.

And no I don't hate PvP, I do it a lot of the time. But the people that only do it and complain to no end about it need to grow the F*** up and get over themselves and stop being such crybabies.

Flame away I don't really care. But if you have something intelligent to say go right ahead =P.
    Nothing you just said is intelligent. Maybe they should stop balancing towards PvE because it's ruining PvP. It's a double-edged sword buddy. Sorry to tell you, but the same amount of people that like PvE, also like PvP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shermhead View Post
    Sooo why do Warriors get the best burst damage and Mages get the 3rd lowest burst damage?

I was once content with the best burst damage despite lowest survivability and lowest DPS, but you took that away from me and im not dedicated enough to reroll.

Doing DOT's and AOE's that are easily outhealed may top total damage chart, but dont be fooled into thinking that mages "kick ***" in damage.

The lowest survivability class (Mages) should be doing the *best* damage always no matter how much people cry. Just fix your mistake fast because PVP is a big part of this game and most people aren't dedicated enough to reroll.
    Mages and the dominator class have broken pvp to a point it is unplayable. The most overpowered class in this game is the mage. They were at the launch and after the last bunch of buffs became a joke. You sir completely suck. Mages have way to much CC to do near the damage they can currently dish out.

Trion needs to make a decesion for Mages. Damage or CC. They cannot have both and right not the combination is so poorly done it has ruined pvp for most of the player base. The dominator class by concept is horrible.

So if you want a challenge and fun warfronts nerf mages. If you want cry babies like this guy to smash a few buttons then listen to his dribble.

I think we all want fun warfronts. Nerf mages and use your head. This last patch made a joke out of the class and this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast