+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trion sees no evil, hears no evil, and speaks no evil. Mages are underpowered

Shadowlander

Default Trion sees no evil, hears no evil, and speaks no evil. Mages are underpowered

For all the rogues, clerics, and warriors out there crying their pants off about mages being OP in PvP, honestly ****. Have you ever tried to play a mage? Mages by far have the lowest survivability of any class in the game, and right now, they dont have the highest damage.
    That makes no sense, the reason you play a mage is to be a "glass cannon" right now, we're like a toilet paper water gun. A cleric can out heal us any day, a rogue or a warrior can out damage us any day, and ALL THREE do this with higher survivability. Frankly, it's just ********. A mage has to STAND STILL to do damage, and for the time being, it's really not very good damage at all, in the mean time, taking into consideration how bad our survivability is, if you dont have a warlock or a chloro spec mixed in, you will die.
    I personally never played when Pyromancer was OP, but i've seen videos, i've heard talk, Pyro was OP. I'm not requesting we can 1 shot everybody and their dog again, and i dont want to be OP, but how about a little balance? For all the "Dom is OP" claims out there, here is a solution, Look at your debuffs. When you see Storm Shackle, DONT MOVE. When you see Traitorous Influence or Mass Betrayal on you, DONT SPAM YOUR SPELLS.

Something needs to be done, here are my suggestions. Nerf 1 of 2 things, Either rogues, warriors, and clerics output (damage, healing) needs to be dropped, or their intake (damage recieved) needs to be nerfed.
    If Trion is happy with the other classes, than that's fine. Hell, even if a mages survivability was the same as it is now, which quite frankly is like a fresh baby fighting mike tyson, then atleast give us some damage, PLEASE!
    I know i'm not speaking for myself, and every mage out there will agree, mages are not fun to play anymore. If something is not done about the mage calling, you can be sure the mage population will drop, and/or, Trion, you will lose a bunch of subscribers.

Banned

Spec chloro/lock with insane HP and self-heals (and thus insane survivability) which is not as easily purged from you (as are HoTs from warden, for instance, or justicar buffs) and win.

Still OP. ****.

Playing a mage that way is your choice. If you want more survivability, look to lock, dom, chloro, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hateklub View Post
    For all the rogues, clerics, and warriors out there crying their pants off about mages being OP in PvP, honestly ****. Have you ever tried to play a mage? Mages by far have the lowest survivability of any class in the game, and right now, they dont have the highest damage.
    That makes no sense, the reason you play a mage is to be a "glass cannon" right now, we're like a toilet paper water gun. A cleric can out heal us any day, a rogue or a warrior can out damage us any day, and ALL THREE do this with higher survivability. Frankly, it's just ********. A mage has to STAND STILL to do damage, and for the time being, it's really not very good damage at all, in the mean time, taking into consideration how bad our survivability is, if you dont have a warlock or a chloro spec mixed in, you will die.
    I personally never played when Pyromancer was OP, but i've seen videos, i've heard talk, Pyro was OP. I'm not requesting we can 1 shot everybody and their dog again, and i dont want to be OP, but how about a little balance? For all the "Dom is OP" claims out there, here is a solution, Look at your debuffs. When you see Storm Shackle, DONT MOVE. When you see Traitorous Influence or Mass Betrayal on you, DONT SPAM YOUR SPELLS.

Something needs to be done, here are my suggestions. Nerf 1 of 2 things, Either rogues, warriors, and clerics output (damage, healing) needs to be dropped, or their intake (damage recieved) needs to be nerfed.
    If Trion is happy with the other classes, than that's fine. Hell, even if a mages survivability was the same as it is now, which quite frankly is like a fresh baby fighting mike tyson, then atleast give us some damage, PLEASE!
    I know i'm not speaking for myself, and every mage out there will agree, mages are not fun to play anymore. If something is not done about the mage calling, you can be sure the mage population will drop, and/or, Trion, you will lose a bunch of subscribers.
    First of all, have you played any other class at 50 than a mage? Pyro and stormcaller damage is on par with rogues and warriors in pvp. Dom/Chloro and Chloro/Lock have insane survivability. Not sure what you are talking about but many many times I have seen a Chloro/Lock do the most healing, KBs, and damage done in a WF. I keep hearing about "Dominatior isn't op! Watch your debuffs! Stop moving! Stop spamming skills! You will get your energy back in 8 seconds!" To which this reply is appropriate to the OP. "Stay farther than 3 meters from that melee soul and 20 meters from that "ranged" (lol) warrior and you will take 0 damage.

Well I won' flame Trion for it b/c we b*tched about Pyros for so long; mages are much harder to kill now than when they were all playing pyros. Be careful what you whine about I guess is the lesson I learned.

The problem is less with mages and more with healing / HoTs in general. Give a Warden or a Chloro / Lock R6 gear and they become group content.
    Judge if you want, we're all going to die. I intend to deserve it.

Well I disagree with everyone's post, not everyone should be a chlorolock. Against rogues we get stunned and then before the stun is over if they dont add another stun within those 4-8 seconds without being able to move were dead.

Default Changing thread to pop tarts

So, you guys think pop tarts need a buff? I mean toaster strudel has some OP taste now in almost all of their builds. When will the devs give pop tarts a buff?

Quote Originally Posted by payniz View Post
    Well I disagree with everyone's post, not everyone should be a chlorolock. Against rogues we get stunned and then before the stun is over if they dont add another stun within those 4-8 seconds without being able to move were dead.
    Valor goes a long way toward fixing this, and yes if you can't self heal or have a pocket healer on you getting jumped by a pure DPS class will be a highly disadvantageous situation for the jumped player.
    Judge if you want, we're all going to die. I intend to deserve it.

Shadowlander

How about the mages that actually rolled a Mage to DPS ( I know ... what a bizzare notion). Maybe some of us actually enjoy playing DPS and thus rolled a MAGE not a CLERIC. Currently the mage DPS souls are pretty lackluster compared to the DPS souls of warriors and rogues. Kind of strange that our healing debuffs are found in support souls among many many disadvantages.. but I'm sure it's totally justified since once upon a time we had an overpowered soul (not our fault really) that was made OP laregly due to a badly designed power-up and now we should suffer?

Just think about this: 1v1 a DPS mage has no chance (given equal gear and skill) due to his lack of survivability and in a group setting our range and kiting is totally meaningless since the warrior or rogue charging us will most surely have DR up and be immune to CC ( as well as having CC breaks) and why should a smart cleric heal us when it will cost him a lot of mana due to our squishiness when he could be healing the more sturdy warriors and even rogues on his team who also happen to do more damage ....

Im not saying mages are totally useless in WFs now.. i'm just saying DPS mages are totally useless compared and a lot of us rolled mage to DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by payniz View Post
    - not every rogue plays an assassin
    - a warrior, cleric or rogue 8 secs stunned = dead meat in most cases
    - L2Break Free

Quote Originally Posted by ActAppalled View Post
    Im not saying mages are totally useless in WFs now.. i'm just saying DPS mages are totally useless compared and a lot of us rolled mage to DPS.
    Not sure if DPS clerics are any usefull ... at least compared to DPS mages.

... just saying.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ActAppalled View Post
    Well, here's the problem. PvP is not about dps . My cloro/lock feels god in pvp but obviosly I don't use same build to dps at instances. If dps is what you want to do, LFD is your friend. Or at least demand they make taunts force players to target tanks (for 3s) in pvp and I might get interested to play my r6 warrior again.

If you're rolling a 1337H4X uber dps spec and getting rolled in pvp, its obviously the games fault.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    Not sure if DPS clerics are any usefull ... at least compared to DPS mages.

... just saying.
    As you may have noticed I didn't mentioned DPS clerics in my initial post since why would you roll a Cleric to DPS?!?!!
    It doesn't make sense to me at least. Sure it's nice to have variety and your variety to be viable but at least in my mind, a person with common sense, starting out this game and rolling their class with the purpose and intent to be DPS would not be looking at the Cleric calling if they mainly like to DPS in PvP and would be doing that the most on their character.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast