+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interrupt abilities.

Default Interrupt abilities.

I was wondering... Why does warrior have their interrupt abilities dealing massive damage as well as being out of global, costing nearly nothing with low CD while a melee cleric doesn't have that?
    The shaman interrupt deal no damage and got 20 seconds CD.
    The Justicar interrupt deal no damage and got 8 seconds CD.
    Every warrior interrupt deal as much damage as any basic abilities and got 8 seconds CD.

I don't remember any melee interrupt from rogues. Only the Bladedancer having the 5 seconds silence on interrupt with 10 seconds CD that deal damage.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    I was wondering... Why does warrior have their interrupt abilities dealing massive damage as well as being out of global, costing nearly nothing with low CD while a melee cleric doesn't have that?
    The shaman interrupt deal no damage and got 20 seconds CD.
    The Justicar interrupt deal no damage and got 8 seconds CD.
    Every warrior interrupt deal as much damage as any basic abilities and got 8 seconds CD.

I don't remember any melee interrupt from rogues. Only the Bladedancer having the 5 seconds silence on interrupt with 10 seconds CD that deal damage.
    Costume items go into wardrobe slots. Don't replace your regular gear with them.
    This post is best viewed with

Why don't warrior have heals? Cleric have all these heals for to heal themself while they hit things. Rogues have the music to heals themselves and friend. Mages have the green magic to heal and does damage. Why doesnt warrior have heals

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Why don't warrior have heals? Cleric have all these heals for to heal themself while they hit things. Rogues have the music to heals themselves and friend. Mages have the green magic to heal and does damage. Why doesnt warrior have heals
    This thread is about interrupts. Go make your own thread.

Ascendant

Different stuff is different.

Rogue interrupts lockout the caster. Warrior interrupts just interrupt that one cast.

Champion

rangers also have an interrupt

Shadowlander

Why don't mages get melee interrupts since everyone gets to interrupt them? oh and where is our physical immunity ala Rogue.
    Furthermore why does only one of our specs (which is now useless in PvP) gets disarm which doesn't fully stop a melee opponent from doing damage anyways, whereas silences are quite common and totally shut us down. OH and can I get a melee attack reflect to balance all the spell reflects flying around

Also I would like to know where our uncleansable 50% healing debuff on crit (that is spread on AOE) is and without being greedy just wondering why our only healing debuff in an offensive soul is 30% (the 50% one is in a support soul).

But it's okay right, we have range afterall, the advantage that is totally meaningless to a stealthed rogue or a warrior that is GCD charge away or a ranged rogue that does more dmg than us and has longer range as well as better kiting ability.

And I would love to know how the so called DPS warrior "glass cannons" can do more damage than us and survive better with a good healer than a DPS mage (doing less damage) with the same healer could ever dream of. But ye we have range .... that wonderful advantage that is totally negated by everyone including ourselves since we have to stand still and cast.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ActAppalled View Post
    Why don't mages get melee interrupts since everyone gets to interrupt them? oh and where is our physical immunity ala Rogue.
    Furthermore why does only one of our specs (which is now useless in PvP) gets disarm which doesn't fully stop a melee opponent from doing damage anyways, whereas silences are quite common and totally shut us down. OH and can I get a melee attack reflect to balance all the spell reflects flying around

Also I would like to know where our uncleansable 50% healing debuff on crit (that is spread on AOE) is and without being greedy just wondering why our only healing debuff in an offensive soul is 30% (the 50% one is in a support soul).

But it's okay right, we have range afterall, the advantage that is totally meaningless to a stealthed rogue or a warrior that is GCD charge away or a ranged rogue that does more dmg than us and has longer range as well as better kiting ability.

And I would love to know how the so called DPS warrior "glass cannons" can do more damage than us and survive better with a good healer than a DPS mage (doing less damage) with the same healer could ever dream of. But ye we have range .... that wonderful advantage that is totally negated by everyone including ourselves since we have to stand still and cast.

You're obviously not a dominator... Transference + Betrayel/Mass Betrayel = Right, I'll just stand here doing nothing while you kill me with your OPness since I'm no cleric nor mage who needs mana...

Anyway back on topic, give me Transference n Betrayel along with some damaging heals and you can have your interrupt nerf. Considering they were already nerfed it anyway.
    Last edited by elshagan; 07-11-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    Dame Lakora, The Engineer: Warrior of Bloodiron(EU PvP)
    Arcane Warrior (Wait what? O.o)
    Paragon Assassin (This is getting odd)

General of Telara

To be fair, the Justicar interrupt is an AE one (and also out of GCD).

Shaman one being deep in the tree, single target and with 20-sec cooldown is ******ed, but considering how bad shaman is, it could be worse (at least it's off GCD too)

Ascendant

They do. 44 Riftblade has better self healing than a druid/shaman spec.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    Shaman one being deep in the tree, single target and with 20-sec cooldown is ******ed, but considering how bad shaman is, it could be worse (at least it's off GCD too)
    How could it be much worse? You have to spec 38-points in Shaman, it does 0 damage and has the longest cooldown of any interrupt in the game. Bladedancer on the other hand only has to spec 12 points to get a ranged interrupt on 12-second cooldown, does Weapon Damage plus X and silences for 5 seconds on successful interrupt.

All interrupts should do 0 damage (or have a flat value that scales very poorly) and all of them should have the same mechanic as Weapon Barrage or the Ranger interrupt - silence on successful interrupt.

Warrior interrupts are only used as 1-more source of damage in the off-gcd nonsense. I can't seem to comprehend how Trion thinks this is 'good' design. Anytime you add something that can hit as hard as my Crushing Blow, is on a short cooldown and off the global cooldown - of course players are going to abuse this and not use it for it's "designed" intent.
    Rogue interrupts - same thing though having a longer cooldown, it seems players are a bit more willing to save them for "the right moment" - as interrupts should be.
    Cleric interrupts are virtually pointless aside from interrupting long cooldown abilities such as: Steam of Reclamation or Mortality and MAYBE a Sentinel heal (though who actually uses non-instant Sentinel heals in PvP anyways?). Other than that, using a Cleric interrupt is only a minor inconvenience to your opponent:
    Necros can still cast Soul Purge immediately after being interrupted, Clerics can still cast heals immediately after being interrupted and if you interrupt a Mage that has Double Tap.....interrupting that Mage is actually a detriment to you...or your team.

In any case, my point is - I hope Trion moves interrupts to having an actual use in PvP aside from "free damage". Then again, I suppose my entire post is invalid since this thread consists of pre-conceived notions of how they think their class should be - even though I believe those posts were only made as a retort against the OP.

Just because Rift has the special soul system does not mean every class will be able to do the same things as all the other classes with the same efficiency.

If its so amazingly important for you to have interrupts then roll a different class. Each class has it's pros and each class has it's cons. You don't get everything and a perfect world.

I guess no one understood how ironic my post was...

It's a way to tell how warrior can dish out so much damage because of their out of global attacks such as their interrupt which they clearly doesn't use to actually interrupt something.

Out of global that require no pre-requiste to use such as a critical, a KB, a miss/dodge/parry/block or the use of another ability to use. Which is always ready to be used at any given time and deal a ******ed amount of damage...

The reason why warriors does the same DPS as other in PvE but does far more damage in PvP is this... Burst from out of global.
    A warrior can global any non rank 6 geared player if they have any kind of gear that look like epic DPS gear.
    A Champion can put out 3 out of global after a KB. 4 if you dare dodge/parry/block any of his attacks including the useless white hit.
    We could probably say the same thing with Dom. Their split personnality will shoot by themselves 3 bolt of crap that deal impressive damage. And they will keep shooting at you with their whole sauce.

It goes the same on the DoTs. Full line of dots will damage you and the caster will keep the damage. The difference is that the DoTs need to be used before doing that kind of damage and they can be dispelled. A warrior will simply charge you and dish out all at the same time.

Same can be told of the warden. The HoTs keep going and the Warden will be able to use his big heals while the HoTs keep healing. But at least the big heals from Warden arn't that big and the HoTs require constant reapplication.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Is the thread about interrupt abilties or is it just QQ about warriors? Take it to the PvP section

lol.

Heals songs plus friend equal victory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast