+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radius/Range on Warrior AoE?

Default Radius/Range on Warrior AoE?

What's the radius on Warrior AoE skills?

I was just popped out of stealth over and over by a warrior using Path of the Hurricane.

Here's the kicker. I was about 10 meters AWAY from the warrior, while the warrior was a good 15 meters from his target. I was even further from his target than he was and I was still popped.

was quite frustrating to be near NO ONE and get popped out of stealth by warrior ranged AoE attacks.

Soulwalker

Path of the Hurricane has a 20m range. It's absurd to be perfectly honest. I play a Paragon Warrior myself, and Path of the Hurricane needs a range nerf BADLY. It seems like it might actually be more than 20m, but I don't have a great way of judging that without actually testing it. It also is supposed to be a cone in front of the Warrior, but it's more of a 180 degree type ability... definitely needs to be changed.

Plane Touched

I'd really prefer if it was 15m or so myself. I have to be really careful with it in pve, or I'll pull extra groups while AE'ing.

LCE
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MrPants17 View Post
    Path of the Hurricane has a 20m range. It's absurd to be perfectly honest. I play a Paragon Warrior myself, and Path of the Hurricane needs a range nerf BADLY. It seems like it might actually be more than 20m, but I don't have a great way of judging that without actually testing it. It also is supposed to be a cone in front of the Warrior, but it's more of a 180 degree type ability... definitely needs to be changed.
    Yeah its 20 meters, full frontal 180 degrees. You do need a target to cast it unlike some other rogue popping abilities *and* its a followup attack with a 6 second CD.

Its definitely anti stealth and yeah, in *WARFRONTS* you can be a bit reckless with your positioning

Open world you just end up with an asston of mobs and guards on you ...

Skill is fine IMO, yeah, its cheesy, but so is being hit with chain incapacitates and lost hopes for extended periods of time while 4-5 people waddle around ******edly trying to play find the rogue.

(also, BM stealth detection is broken atm ... though it works fine on an agressive pet ...)

Realistically though, rogues shouldnt be running in a cluster**** in front of warriors, if their AE didnt pop them, something elses wouldve. Stealth shouldnt grant the ability to be careless and stupid. Reducing the Range on it kills warrior Ranged DPS options due to 4-6 second cooldowns on their ranged abilities and they are already at a 10 meter range disadvantage (even with their rezzes!).

BTW, the 'other' warrior abilities (Reaver, VK, RB) that spread to targets or are AE based also all pop rogues, only reason PotH is being singled here is there is now a prevalent amount of Paras in PvP, I've been one for eons.

If they tightened the cone to an actual cone rather than the 180, id be fine with that, but it really can't lose its range .. and the only difference between that and the other ranged followup is the AE component so they can't even remove that (id settle for them getting rid of the recast on the ranged followup and scrapping PotH though)

Sword of Telara

Yeah path of the hurricane is silly right now. I hate having to position so carefully in places like GSB or in raid rifts, face the wrong way and you'll end up pulling a group that you didnt want.

I would happily take the range nerf for PotH. In all honesty, it would be a pvp nerf only, in pve i'd view less range as a buff.

Edit: it also flies around and crazy angles, its really unpredictable. Maybe fixing the angle/cone would fix both problems without having range be an issue
    Last edited by Corebot; 07-17-2011 at 03:44 PM.

path of the hurricane is probably the main reason why I don't play paragon in dungeons, it can and will chain to and agro mobs far from what you're actually fighting.

i'm glad warriors are agreeing that the radius/cone/range wtfever is wayyyyyy to large

regardless whether it's pvp or pve.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPants17 View Post
    PotH is fine.
    ITT: Warriors who don't know which way to face in a dungeon when using PotH.
    Last edited by empyrean; 07-18-2011 at 12:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread