+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pls fix spells that works like Oblivion

Default Pls fix spells that works like Oblivion

I dont know what to call them, but you place them on the ground with that yellow marker.
    Im going nuts on them soon. Sometimes I try 3 times to drag them out and nothing happens. They arent affected by queued-mechanics and that makes them hard to work with.
    Could you pls fix this so you dont have to stare at the hotbars to see if you are done with GCD or not. And they are hopless if you have any lag at all. Trying 3 times to drag out Oblivion is darn annoying.
    Why cant you queue these spells ?

Soulwalker

I believe they are commonly known as targetting reticle spells, or targeted AoEs.

And I, too, have had some frustration with them. Once you get used to the timing, though, you can do it without missing much time at all. Just make sure you hit the hotkey with one hand and click the mouse button with the other.

Prophet of Telara

Most of the time you are likely centering these spells around specific targets, or at least by casting it centered on your current target it would hit all nearby targets.

Of course, sometimes you need to shimmy it a bit so it is properly placed, which would not be directly around whatever you were targeting, if you were targeting anything at all.

Simple fix would just be a macro command to automatically center it around your target. Leave the default as a manual target so you don't end up causing more problems than you fix.

centercast [Spell]
    cast @center [Spell]
    cast @focuscenter [Spell]

etc would all be suitable fixes that would make them macro friendly and not require manually positioning unless desired.

Champion of Telara

"cast @focuscenter [Spell]"

Is that the one the drops it on your targe?
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Prophet of Telara

Hmm in hind sight I guess my post was misleading.

I WISH Trion would implement those macro suggestions, but as far as I know there is no option to macro them to auto-center.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Agree with the OP, about having to hit these skills a couple or three times. I spam the skill button until I see the tooltip change to a hand.

Plane Touched

I always found it funny that the only targeted AoE spell I could queue up was Devouring Shadows.

Shadowlander

Default I do this...

On the hot bar I just Putin in the slot for the nmbr1 key on the keyboard...then after my fanat,soul drain I'd hit one and already have my tooltip where I'd want it on the ground it and bam just click it-if that makes sense lol

Shadowlander

So instead of clicking with your mouse on the hot bar just hit the key binding and bam-quick and easy

+ Reply to Thread